Universal Templar Battleforce RPG Full Game HD (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Oct 27, 2015.

1. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Adding move highlights is on our list.

Cover is implemented as terrain advantage, so you get the +1 regardless of position.

With a 10 ft mech, you can shoot over anything in the "foreground" generally. Walls that have black behind them cannot be fired over. Does that help?

2. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011

Yes, thanks. So, as long as there's no black behind a wall, I should be able to shoot.

Any chance of having the option to double tap to shoot, similar to Templar Assault, where the first tap just shows some enemy stars, and whether an enemy is within shooting range and line of sight? Just an option, but on mobile it's useful, especially when trying to tap on crowded and small areas to ensure that we know who we're actually targeting.

Just a thought. I suspect that on Steam this didn't surface because it's mouse controlled, so more precise, but it's helpful on a phone. :)

Best.

3. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@pjft - thanks for the suggestion, very interesting. We were looking at long-press to bring up the Hit % and stats, but perhaps a double-tap option for precision would better fit the bill. I'd be interested to hear other mobile players' thoughts.

4. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    #164 CalinR, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    I was actually surprised y'all didn't go that route. One tap shows the selected enemy's percent, and the second confirms the attacks. Double clicking for mouse users is intuitive, and it always throws me off on mobile since there aren't industry standards for control schemes.

I bitched before about the amount of tactile interfacing in ST 4x because of the several menus. Here though, I don't think it'd be outrageous to ask a player to tap once to select an enemy, twice to attack it, and a third time to use the same skill on it. I don't know how the coding works (as always lol) but I feel like right now, once you shoot/slash at something, you can do it again since the enemy AND the skill remains selected if there are AP points remaining. That actually threw me off more than anything else.

I don't think most people would mind a third tap, if it means not wondering why the 10 foot tall mech missed punching a hunter with 67% evasion (or deflection I think). Know what I mean? I (personally) don't care about the dice (although it's nifty y'all differentiate between "strong" [d10?] and what, "normal" [d6?]), but adding ONE extra tap in the following chain seems perfect to me:

1. Select Templar
    2. Select skill (so far no change)

3. Select enemy (presently attacks, changed to show percentage)
    4. Confirm attacks
    5. (Optional) repeat attack with enough AP.

In the long run its only one extra tap. As long press, screw (to be read as the stronger other one, don't know the rules on swearing here) that, nothing I hate more that pressure/time sensitive contextual commands. I feel like the heroes 3 game did that and everybody hated it. I need to be fact checked on that though.

5. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Surprised this didn't get featured by Apple. Really good game guys. Been playing all day and am really enjoying it.

6. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the kind words! We're climbing the charts. We hope you'll share the game with others you know who love strategy games!

7. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

The argument that it is "just one more tap" is one we have to handle carefully. It's just one more tap per attack, and you might make 100-600 attacks a level, and over the course of the campaign it is thousands of more taps.

We'll look keep working on finding a good solution here, as we want to make that info available.

Thanks for the feedback around long press. We haven't used it in other games, but felt that it would be a good solution here, it's interesting to hear the feedback that it is not preferred.

8. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    I totally get that, wanted to preempt it but I didn't wanna throw out a ridiculously large number without offering a solution. I'm a PC gamer primarily and a mobile game tertiarily, that's the only problem with my feedback, so I deff get where y'all are coming from with the long tap. The counterpoint to it is that in a game that plays at a relatively steady tempo, sort of how pro grade chess players move, hit the clock, move (which isn't the case here, more like groups of taps), you'd be left with short (select) short (move) long (target) short (confirm), short short long, short long long short, etc. I might be overthinking it a bit much though.

I dunno how you or your brother are with music, who does the score, but it's like having the odd eigth note in a string of measures with primarily quarter notes. The tactile tempo comes out syncopated. If that's a bad analogy for y'all disregard it, but if that's the case, maybe it might click with someone here who'll hopefully argue against it.

9. kdawg

kdawg Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Amazing game guys! (even though I'm stuck on one mission :) ) love it love it, plays like a dream. I am just not real good :)

10. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

I love that we are having this conversation across two separate forums at the same time ;)

We really appreciate the feedback, as always!

11. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Killer! Thank you for the feedback.

If you're stuck on a mission, please tell me which one and I can help!

Also, check out this great guide that a gamer posted on Steam -- it covers every mission in the game and makes suggestions on how to tackle them:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=541954622

12. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    #172 CalinR, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    Done and done, thanks for posting the link. Saw the Kickstarter details, for $10 bucks this game's a steal, sounds like FTL and X3 combined, which is sick...

13. kdawg

kdawg Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Ill get it, I just stink :) thanks though! Ill check out the guide

14. faceleg

faceleg Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Auckland, NZ
    Bought based on reviews and the amazing developer community interaction.

Looking forward to playing the crap out of it!

15. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Glad to have you on board, Templar!

Remember, Shalun favors the brave.

16. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    So do you guys have plans to implement iCloud for save syncing across devices? I'll probably get this at some point given all the praise, but I have a pretty big backlog. >->

17. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

It is on our roadmap for features, yes!

Glad to hear we made it onto your backlog :D

18. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Doh I just saw you answered the same question from someone else before.

BUT... since you said you're planning to support it and this game looks badass and deliciously complex, I think I can bump this to my front log. Heh heh...

19. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

We're here to answer questions -- don't worry about double asking ... the thread is pretty long to read it all.

First in line wooho! Vae Victus, Templar.

20. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

We've submitted v1.1.25 to Apple for review, hopefully it will pop through quickly. Notably it includes the "Fast Enemy Turn" Option and a fix for the bug where music is resuming after you leave the app to multi-task.

Annnnnnd .... a lot of other stuff too! All updated Templar models, new faces, 5 new Requisition levels, 2 new Talents for your Captain, 2 new scenarios a huge list of fixes ...

Can't wait for it to arrive!

Changelog
    - New Option: skip animation on enemy turn (speed play)
    - Art update: new equipment art for all armor types, shows differences
    - Fixed issue with incorrect count for Starting Knights in levels with Lev-Rig or Humans
    - Fixed Issues with Music resuming while Muted
    - Added 5 new Requisition levels: new Commander branch for Captain
    - Captain gains 2 new crippling Talents: Discerning Eye (lineage memory spots weakness) and Fire Commander (focused fire destroys enemy)
    - New Sighted Sidearm for Captain, 4 range
    - New Void Legion RELIC armor for Captain or Paladin
    - Moved Commander's Deployment Ordnance into new Commander Branch
    - Art update: improved rendering of all equipment screens
    - Art update: improved effect animations for buffs, concus grenades
    - Improved equipment choice screens - if unable to equip due to Gear Level, GL shown in red
    - Cyclone-Strike Tact corrected to be an Expert-Proc for Berserk
    - Reduced wait time between buffs, monster attacks, counter-attacks
    - Adjusted starting Hydra Talents to be more easily available (Hellstorm 3, Napalm Charge 3)
    - Adjusted starting Berserk Talents to be more easily available (Strike 3, Unbalancing Blows 3)
    - Improve character status UI, removed Respec screen transition
    - Balanced and improve max updates for Tact Points across the game
    - Berserk's Indomitable Defense now costs 0 AP, sets MP to 0 but does not end turn
    - Fixed bug failing to display correct max army cap (12/15)
    - Fixed Achievement for getting a Captain to level 20
    - Fixed unmarked spawns in levels like Traitor's Bunker
    - Added class features (Toughness, Resistance, +HP per Fortitude) added to status page
    - Improved Artifact Vaults: 4th artifact is secondary objective
    - Fixed bugs with Ferarai Lance: Atmo Reentry mission not ending properly
    - Fixed bug with possible duplicate boss in Extermination Protocol
    - Improved display of active effects (click on small effect icons, bottom right)
    - Two new character portraits added to Templar Designer
    - Fixed crashes in Ferarai Lance Power Relay and Ferarai Lance Atmo Reentry
    - Fixed issue with liche boss
    - Added 2 new alternate levels to Ferarai Lance deployment, new deployment choice
    - Improved models and art for all Templar classes, more identifiable
    - Increase of SP Cost of Templars is capped after Level 20
    - Dismissed Templars will no longer appear in the list of Dead Templars
    - Captain Talents fixed / improved
    - Reduced heat of Blade Weave (9), Honing (12 for 3 turn buff)
    - Fixed hindering effects of Denounce, now grants +Crit Vulnerability
    - Removed SP generation cap from Tactical Point upgrades
    - Improved display of equipment selection window
    - Fixed issue with entering Deck 7 from Righteous Fallen, late game
    - Fixed story events and display of human citizens
    - Fixed bug with high level story characters having their Talents disappear (above 10+)
    - Gear Balance for Prowess Core
    - Improved difficulty of Leo Major Drop Zone
    - Fixed RQ level for Targeting System RELIC