Universal Templar Battleforce RPG Full Game HD (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Oct 27, 2015.

1. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    #41 CalinR, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    The battles are similar because they use "movement points" and "action points" to limit the number of things you can do per turn. Aside from that, they're similar because they belong to the same genre of tactical turn based squad games.

And you shoot at/swing on aliens, in a sci fi setting lol. Sorry, couldn't help a bit of flippancy, hope you don't mind.

Aside from that, this game is an hommage if you will, to space hulk, except you're not forced to play line up the space knights in full plate mail suits in narrow corridors for lore related reasons, since this isn't based on a board game.

I've played space hulk, and despite being a massive 40k fan, hated the fact that you were always fighting against the gameplay rather than enjoying it because of the narrow corridors.
    It plays more like hunters, if you can find a free demo of that, but has way more personality. I also feel like this is supposed to have a skill tree or something, I haven't gotten past the tutorial yet since they kinda frown upon playing video games at work lol.

2. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Ill buy this based on their support of previous games alone.

3. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

You'll find the sprawling unlocks tree with 800 nodes soon :D It's under Requisition in the Battleforce HQ.

4. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    #44 somedumbgamer, Oct 27, 2015
    Wanted to like Death Match, but found waiting for cpu took too long. This looks faster, in depth, and and reminds me of WHQ, but with a sci fi setting.

Bought!

5. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

#45 fallen, Oct 27, 2015
    We had an odd report by email that an iOS 9 user could not download the game from the App Store.

It seems fine our on our test devices, but we'd love to hear a few 'aye!' votes. If anyone is out there using iOS 9, can you confirm you're all set?

6. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Looks AWESOME! Please have cloud saves...

7. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    No way....that's amazing! The 4x tree was solid, even better with the unique techs added later, so I'm stoked to see this one.

Also yes on iOS 9.1.
    Plays smooth as butter on ipad3.

8. hedgey

hedgey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Agreed. I did just that.

9. mgambino

mgambino Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    On iOS 9 here, no issues downloading here or playing the first tutorial mission.

10. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

It is something we are working on, but not yet supporting. We're always listening to our community and working to support the features they're interested in.

11. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I'm stoked I have tomorrow off of work! I also bought nearly site unseen. The Trese Bros continue to get better! Thanks guys for your passion!

12. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Couldn't help myself. Haven't dug in yet. Tonite it's on!

13. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Turn the lights down low and light up some xeno with that flamethrower!

14. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    #54 CalinR, Oct 27, 2015
    I just got there....holy crap....!!! I have never had such a lack of buyer's remorse in my life, the tech tree's sick, customization's nice (though I'll be honest, not sure I'd pay for A LOT more colors or portraits unlike in 4x where I got all the cosmetics), and I dig the dialogue, it's less hokey than most military space operas I've seen. Not too technical but not made up faux-navy/army slang.

Any plans to address the potential need/want for farming? That's what kept me coming back to warhammer quest even after I played it all. They had a fun system with infinitely respawning side quests. I can see how it'd present a problem for balance, so it's deff a pre-emptive question. Or maybe a new game+? I feel like I'd totally get attached to my Templars by the end of the game...

15. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

1. We're not adding any IAPs later. However, we are adding more faces and armor designs. In the 9 updates we put out to Steam, we squeezed in another 5 faces, with more coming.

2. When you reach the end of the campaign, there is a New Game+ option (take the same squad through again). With the branching and optional content (and also, more of that coming!) you can get a different play through the next time around. Also, there is a "aftermath" area when the campaign is over, and we are planning to add a few more optional, cycling deployments there eventually.

16. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    From the POV of someone who's idea of heaven is the Advance Wars series but really didn't get into space hulk, Hunters or any of the other top down tactical games I've played on iOS - any ideas if I'm going to like this?

(I've read the Steam reviews and I'm still on the fence)

Ta very much

17. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Hmm, as someone who hasn't played much Advance Wars, I think someone else will have to chime in.

18. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Will the updates be IAP or free with purchase? Not negative either way, just curious. I'm more of a buy full games at one time guy but I like what I'm seeing in reviews. I have not played one of your games but this looks the place to try. Premium awesome style game sounds great.

19. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

For Battleforce, we are focusing on a single, paid app. There will be no future IAPs. However, we will add content and features for some time to come in thanks to anyone who buys in. Buy now, get months of updates!

20. PixTragic

PixTragic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Alright I'm caving, it's $7 but this looks like to be the best game in the past two weeks at least....so it's time to spend some money. Can't wait to dig into this!!