Universal Templar Battleforce RPG Full Game HD (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Oct 27, 2015.

1. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Turns out I'm playing this the same way I play Fire Emblem. If a character dies, I restart the mission. LOL

Makes missions way more tense without screwing my late game. :D

2. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

It is a fun way to honor a sort of permadeath! What difficulty are you on?

Suffering casualties on well-loved veterans is hard.

3. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Had another review session with Martin about the scout armor, and it seems like there will be some changes!

4. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Playing on demanding. Wasn't confident enough to start on hard. Feels just right to me!

5. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Exciting! The next update will give you the option to change your game's difficulty if you beat the campaign and decide to try the New Game+ mode.

6. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

On sale this weekend, 30% off!

Also, there is a huge update in review with Apple right now. It bundles together all of these releases:

v2.1.5 - 4/9/2016
    - Custom keybinding support for desktop
    - Added Library entries for Toughness and Resistance
    - Added class multipliers for Toughness and Resistance to status display
    - Added Library entries for special damage types - Fire, Plasma, Radiation
    - Added Library entries to explain how war gear bonuses work
    - Fixed issues with Skip Tutorial deployment

v2.1.3 - 4/3/2016
    - Fixed issues with Stratos: setting Difficulty to Easy bug
    - Fixed issues with drop ship appearing in Leo Drop Zone and Southbound Trail
    - Fixed map issues in Comms Bunker
    - Fixed a few last unmarked spawns across game

v2.1.1 - 4/1/2016
    - Added Stratos Orbital deployment - continue the story from the Righteous Fallen
    - Added 6 new challenging and unique levels, new objectives, new enemies
    - Start the Stratos from the end-game Secure Zone, the Righteous Fallen: Aftermath
    - Enemy detail or hover now shows enemy's range with range finder
    - Fixing bug with Skip All that was not defogging areas
    - Fixing bugs Templar animations (Hydra, Engineer)
    - Improved maps (Leo Drop Zone, Power Relay)

v2.0.7 - 3/11/2016
    - When starting New Game+, now change your game's difficulty (replay harder or easier!)
    - If you change difficulty, Leaderboard scores are no longer posted
    - Increased speed of cut-scenes when using Skip All
    - Fixed bug with Army Cap display in Tact Point UI
    - Fixed bugs in Templar Studio
    - Fixed bugs allowing Nyra to be swapped on some levels, causing crashes

v2.0.5 - 3/9/2016
    - Improved Tactical Point Viewer UI
    - New Tactical Point Skins: Defense & Flame Defense
    - Increased Damage done by Defense Upgrades
    - 150% Increase in Damage done by Flame Defense
    - Improved Xeno anti-TP AI Logic

v2.0.3 - 2/25/2016
    - Major Performance Improvements
    - Added new armor design to Templar Designer - all new dark green and gray design
    - Sentry Turret armor designs now match Engineer's armor
    - Tweaks to further improve the game UI
    - Fixed bugs in new game screen, Designer, HQ

7. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Stratos Orbital Expansion Pack

[​IMG]

This weekends update launches a new chapter for Battleforce with an all new campaign arc -- aboard the fabled Stratos Orbital Station. Adding to the already lengthy campaign, this new deployment includes 6 new high tension levels and rounds out the game at 55+ scenarios! Take to the battlefield once again and lead your Templar Knights against enemies unknown.

In the years following the Second Battle for Cirm, Templars are needed more than ever throughout the Quadrant. Now, you're invited to step back into the fray years later and continue your Battleforce's story.

The Stratos is one of the first of new, optional, and very challenging deployments that are coming to the final stage of the game. The Stratos can be reached from the Righteous Fallen: Aftermath, the end-game Secure Zone. Talk to Major Luthor to get your assignments.

What's New in Version 2.1.5
    - Added Stratos Orbital deployment - continue the story from the Righteous Fallen
    - Added 6 new challenging and unique levels, new objectives, new enemies
    - Start the Stratos from the end-game Secure Zone, the Righteous Fallen: Aftermath
    - When starting New Game+, now change your game's difficulty (replay harder or easier!)
    - If you change difficulty, Leaderboard scores are no longer posted
    - Enemy detail or hover now shows enemy's range with range finder
    - Fixing bug with Skip All that was not defogging areas
    - Fixing bugs Templar animations (Hydra, Engineer)
    - Improved maps (Leo Drop Zone, Power Relay)
    - Increased speed of cut-scenes when using Skip All
    - Fixed bug with Army Cap display in Tact Point UI
    - Fixed bugs in Templar Studio
    - Fixed bugs allowing Nyra to be swapped on some levels, causing crashes
    - Improved Tactical Point Viewer UI
    - New Tactical Point Skins: Defense & Flame Defense
    - Increased Damage done by Defense Upgrades
    - 150% Increase in Damage done by Flame Defense
    - Improved Xeno anti-TP AI Logic
    - Added Library entries for Toughness and Resistance
    - Added class multipliers for Toughness and Resistance to status display
    - Added Library entries for special damage types - Fire, Plasma, Radiation
    - Added Library entries to explain how war gear bonuses work
    - Fixed issues with Skip Tutorial deployment

8. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey fallen, you guys are incredible, thanks a lot for the new Stratos Station and improvements... this game is a MASTERPIECE!!!

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ^^^

Pretty much...

Just throwing my "thank you" into the ring as well. =oP
    These constant updates are just mind-blowing.

I think I've stated how much I absolutely just LOVE this game, but if anyone missed it...

GAHHHHHHHHHHH TEMPLAR BATTLEFORCE!!!!!!! It's become my third favorite SRPG on iOS (right behind FFT:WotL and XCOM). If you're a fan of the genre... This is a fantastic addition to 'the collection'. =oD

10. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thank you very kindly. We've got more coming :D

I hope you'll take a minute to update your review on BF to help us get back out of the "No ratings" swamp.

11. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thanks for helping us share the word. More coming. We'll try our best to climb the ranks -- we'd love to be #1 ;)

I hope you'll take a minute to update your review!

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

done guys!

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #513 Nullzone, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    Just started with TBF a week or so ago, and enjoying it quite a lot. Looks like this will become one of my favorites.
    FFT: Horrible UI for mobile, threw it out after less than an hour...
    XCOM: Was pretty good overall, but didn't complete it as the last stages got way too long and tedious.

TBF does a lot better in both areas so far.

Of course, this wouldn't be me if I didn't have a few UI nitpicks ;)
    1) With frequent respeccing a part of the overall strategy and its own gameplay element: Being able to save at least two loadouts for every Templar would be great: saves time, and makes switching between e.g. a Support and a Slice'n'Dice Captain loadout much easier.

2) Please add a button to go straight to the Techtree at least on the main soldier page. Having one on every page (main, gear, talent) would be even better. Having to back out all the way just to check e.g. stats for a new weapon gets annoying pretty fast.

3) I cannot see a Templar's total Penetration stat anywhere. Please add that to the stats overview.

4) I miss being able to respec the whole techtree. I understand that this poses some problems; but at least once per chapter would be nice: so I can smooth over any larger mistakes I made.

And a question:
    Is it correct that level 8 and upwards no longer give a Talent point every level, but apparently only every second? I didn't find this mentioned on your forums anywhere.

Oh, and you alternately use "mech" and "suit" for the Battlesuits, might want to fix that. If I remember right, they are listed as being ~10 feet tall ingame. And they definitely give the impression that they are worn, and not piloted. Think about the difference between a BattleTech Elemental suit (which is worn), and even the smallest (Proto)mech - which are truly piloted.
    If you need more different words for them, I suggest (power) armor instead of mech: that's the category they obviously seem to belong to; similar to WH40K stuff, John Steakley's aptly named novel "Armor", or Starship Troopers (the book) power armor.

14. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!

1. I've added saving Respec templates to our roadmap, killer suggestion.
    2. We are in the process of a complete tear-down-and-rebuild of the HQ screen hierarchy. The finished result will include seamless jumping from one part to another and back again.
    3. I've taken an item to list final Penetration on the detail / Talent area.
    4. We don't plan to add a feature to respec the RQ tree at this time.
    5. Above level 8, the Talent point rate slows to 3 pts per 5 levels, going 1, 0, 1, 0, 1 (and then, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1). Hope that makes sense.
    6. Mech, Leviathan battle suit, walking tank -- these are all world terms that are used to describe a Templars modified battle armor. They are 10 ft tall. Often, a Pilot Suit is referred to, and this is the human sized interface that you'd be stepping into or sitting in while driving the mech. We understand that all of these terms are used different in different universes :D

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Always welcome! I really like your games, giving back a bit of feedback is the least I can do.

Thanks a lot for considering and even taking up some of my suggestions, much appreciated.

No problem with not being able to respec the Techtree, that would be icing on the cake. But I can come up with quite a few problems this would cause (e.g. what to do about already unlocked and recruited units?) that I understand you don't want to open this can of worms :)

About the reduced talent point progress:
    Add that to the ingame help, maybe? I looked around a bit, but couldn't find it there.

I am a bit of a mech and powerarmor nut, so I like when people stick with established terminology ;) But no biggie, it's really just a detail of piloting vs. wearing the thing.
    In-universe, I can imagine perfectly well that the official designation is something like "Templar Battlesuit, all-environments, combat-capable". But the users informally call them mechs, because having a bigger one is always important... :D

16. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Great suggestion on the leveling progression, I will work on adding a library entry about it in general (Attributes, Skill, and Talent).

17. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pick up the latest version of Templar Battleforce on iOS today!

In recent weeks a very exciting community challenge was hosted on here on our forum (a huge thanks to lurker and the whole team!) by some veteran players. The grueling 12 level challenge pitted Neptunes directly against Hydras. The outcome of the challenge was some lessons learned about how we could make Hydras more competitive, more fun to play ... and how to fix some bugs we found in both the weapon balancing and the rules about standing napalm.

So, without further ado, let the Hydra's light the world up! We've rebalanced the equations of standing napalm, which was accidentally capped at "level 2" and now is equivalent to your Talent level. This is a warning to xeno and Templars alike -- Napalm Fire will really burn you. Be careful out there!

We've also rebalanced all of the Hydra weapons to be in line with other heavy classes in the game, and added two new Gear Level 11 weapons that will be of interest to Hydra squads. Once everything is on fire, it was hard to stop, so we improved the crippling effect of Heat Waves to slow enemies down, much like a Scout's Crippling Fire.

Since fire is burning so hot, we took a moment to improve the fine points of the Resistance stat multiplier, making sure that Hydra's, Berserks, and Captains stood out.

What's New in Version 2.1.9
    - Improved Crippling effect of Paladin's Devastating Strikes Talent
    - Improved map alerts about: Templar death, nearing shutdown and shutdown state
    - Improved display of min and max ranges for Talents with limits
    - Added final Penetration % to status screens
    - Fixed Hydra Heat Waves Talent to Buff all Accuracy
    - Improved Records for Engineers to better show Tact Point score
    - Fixed bug with -MP display in enemies, Turrets taking Bio-Poison
    - Re-balanced and improved Hydra napalm flame's lasting damage
    - Beware, more dangerous to Templars without Fire Res
    - Re-balanced and improved all Hydra weaponry
    - Added two new Hydra Requisition Levels + two new GL 11 Weapons
    - Improved Heat Waves crippling effect to reduce enemy Move Points
    - Balanced Resistance multiplier for different Templar classes

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Holy crap another update... =oO

lol

It just blows me away that you guys are working on new games and still have the drive to dedicate resources and time and effort and, of course, love, to your previous games as well, on this regular of a basis. It's great. =oP

Thank you!! I'll be sure and update my AppStore review ASAP!

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yes I do love all these updates! Still hoping for the added character portraits and the eventual re-haul of the points screen, but other than that these are all great. I started playing it again last night as well :)

20. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review update. Hydras are much more fun in this latest update, far more competitive on large scale with Neptunes.

We love our games and we are always in a process of continual improvement / expansion. We hope you'll tell a few folks about our dedication and our games!