Universal Templar Battleforce RPG Full Game HD (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Oct 27, 2015.

1. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Is there any way to grind in this game? In case you are playing with permadeath and you don't want to be stuck with low level soldiers?

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hmm... No. But there's almost always secondary objectives which grant extra xp. Turn count is a big thing too...
    If it's your first playthrough, of recommend a difficulty setting that doesn't have permadeath.
    New soldiers should also be brought in around the same level as the rest of your guys (not exactly sure about this ATM) so you don't have to worry about bringing in a level 1 character.

But the turn count and secondary objectives... Those make a huge difference.

3. heringer

Oct 2, 2011
    Hmm, if the new recruits are the same level, doesn't that make the perma death inconsequential? After all I can simply recruit a new soldier and respec/name/outfit him exactly as the dead unit.

4. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah it's not exactly the same level, and it might be more of a difference the higher the difficulty, but I think they spawn at either 2 or 4 levels under...

5. heringer

Oct 2, 2011
    Oh ok, that would make more sense.

I don't want to give up perma death though. It's one of the best gimmicks in the genre. :D

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Great new update! I was surprised. As always I love new armor.

Btw I have a request, can we get new armor designs from the scout? That's my favorite class aside from the leader class and it looks like there's not really much to chance there compared to the other classes :(

7. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

New recruits are spawned at a % level compared to your Captain. The percentage gets lower the higher the difficulty, as low as 60%. Therefore, with a level 20 captain, you're only pulling level 14 recruits, which is pretty nasty difference. Permadeath hurts, and it hurts worse as the game goes on our you play into New Game+.

8. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Version 2.0.3 just released on the App Store tonight!

What's New in Version 2.0.3
    - Major Performance Improvements
    - Added new armor design to Templar Designer - all new dark green and gray design
    - Sentry Turret armor designs now match Engineer's armor
    - Tweaks to further improve the game UI
    - Fixed bugs in new game screen, Designer, HQ

9. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Glad you enjoy the new art! I will talk to Martin who is doing all the artwork about it, but we've discussed it a few times and that is his vision for the Scout armor atm. Maybe down the line we can work on something different.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Okay thanks!

That's interesting. He's not open to making alternate designs? It seems almost every other suit has at least some sort of alt (with different shoulder pads, etc.) but then the scout is just different color swaps only. But hopefully I'll see something new in the future.

11. heringer

Oct 2, 2011
    Actually, a black armor would really suit the class.

12. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Thanks for that, I just checked out the new game menu, and it's listed there with the permadeath/respawn conditions for each difficulty.

Aaaaaaand... the new armor looks badass... The turrets as well...

Thank you! Time to go and update my review. =oD

13. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Glad you like the turrets! That was a fun addition, and now gives the engineer even more pizazz!

14. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Every Templar type uses a very similar shoulder pad designator. The Hydra uses the same flame icon on every type of pauldron. The scout uses the small pauldron and golden wing design on all of the pauldron types. That was the design direction we determined when we started adding new armor designs to the game. That's all I was saying.

15. heringer

Oct 2, 2011
    I held off from getting this game before because of the visuals, but I'm glad I bought it. It's really, really good. It reminds me of Tactics Maiden, which is one of my favorite iOS SRPG's because while the presentation and story are a little underwhelming, the design is superb.

Indeed, purely speaking of game design, Templar Battleforce stands proud among titans of the genre like Fire Emblem, Tactics Ogre, etc. It's really quite good. It's a much better game than the more popular Warhammer Deathwatch, even if that game excels in presentation.

That being said, I noticed the developers really improved the presentation from their last game, which means they are paying attention to that. I can't wait to see what they come up with next, especially if they strive to improve the presentation even further. From now on I'm keeping an eye on these guys. :)

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha, welcome to the club of Trese Brothers fans. =oD

**pretty sure Heroes Of Steel 2 is next on their docket.

17. heringer

Oct 2, 2011
    I'm not a fan of the exploration and dungeon crawling approach of Heroes of Steel, but I'll keep my mind open. :)

I'm trying to sell Templar Battlefront on a few people, but the price tag is a bit steep, so people are somewhat discouraged. Maybe they would benefit more with a free to try / pay to unlock approach.

18. heringer

Oct 2, 2011
    Apparently the game just went on sale. I'm not even mad. :p

19. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for sharing the game in this way! The sale was timely ;) We are starting to look at a free demo that would let you play a few levels to try the game out, it may be something we add.

Templar Battleforce is on sale for the weekend down to $6.99.

We are continuing to improve the game, and one of the latest big releases was a UI overhaul. We are aware of how visuals can hold us back, and we're working with each new game and big update to try to remove that barrier, while still really focusing on and delivering deep, quality tactical games.

Thanks for your support!