Universal Templar Battleforce RPG Full Game HD (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Oct 27, 2015.

1. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Yesterday's update drops a new design for your Leviathan mech's armor -- blue on blue. With even more customization options, you can make every squad member unique, or color code your fire teams for the best strategic plan.

[​IMG]

We've also modified the Swap rules to allow you to Swap Engineers and Hydras within their class. Where before, you could not Swap these classes, now you can Swap one Hydra for another -- still meeting the level requirements, but bringing in a Hydra-in-training or one with a different build.

[​IMG]

As always we are working on improving maps and spawn locations and have made some good improvements on player feedback!

What's New in Version 1.2.25
    - Added new armor design to Templar Designer - check out the newest mechs design
    - Swap now allows you to swap Engineers and Hydras for other Templars within their class
    - Fixed issues with maps and improved some spawning locations
    - Fixed Reported Crashes

2. faceleg

faceleg Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Auckland, NZ
    Thanks! Appreciate the updates :)

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The new armor designs are just gorgeous! That blue one is definitely my favorite. It's going on my leader.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow the new update is ... WOW. Everything looks fresh. The old colors and graphics looked a bit rustic but this one looks definitely like a fresh coat of paint. I still wish for a better talent UI but other than that, the dark grey colors are gorgeous.

Btw, any chance of adding a way of reordering the veterans in the veteran list? I noticed they're always organized by recruitment. If you can't do manual sort, maybe sort by level or by kills? That way the ones that you don't use too much will be towards the bottom instead of having to keep scrolling through all the templars.

Thanks for the great update!

5. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Glad you're enjoying the new look. We've been holding off making behavior changes to the UI, as we've been working on this new reskin, and they would conflict. Now that the reskin is out, we'll be working on the UI again in the way that you've mentioned -- improving the Veterans list, the Talent leveler, etc.

I hope you'll drop an update review on the game!

6. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

#466 fallen, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

With the 22nd major update to Steam, we've completed a major art upgrade for the game's entire UI. Almost every screen and element has been improved with an all new, cohesive look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We've also taken this chance to inject some higher res versions of the character's faces into the game as well, in the story dialogs and the designer.

[​IMG]

Finally, we've packed a few more tidbits of information into the hovers on enemies, Templars, and Tact Points to make sure the most important details are readily available.

Now that we've finished a visual overhaul of the UI, we're going to be getting back to some improvements in the behaviors and screen transitions that were on hold while we finished this big project.

[​IMG]

We hope you like the new look!

Thanks to everyone supporting the game with reviews, shares, and by telling a friend!

v2.0.1 - 2/19/2016
    - Major UI overhaul, all UI elements improved
    - Improved use of character faces, added HD faces to dialog and designer
    - Added more fields to mouse hover on enemies, Templars and Tact Points
    - Added new armor design to Templar Designer - check out the orange and gray mech design
    - Fire Damage from napalm flame follows rules of standard Fire Dmg (30% minimum); be careful--more Dmg for enemies and Templars
    - Small increases to Max Use count for Napalm Charge and Napalm Lance levels 1-10
    - Fixed Reported Crashes

7. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I finally got a chance to dive back into this today. The new UI looks AWESOME!!!! The game seems to feel a little better too. I'm not too sure exactly what it is, but it feels smoother.

Thank you!! I've updated my iTunes review as well...=o)

9. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    My UI does not seem to look like the screen shots. Talents are still listed on the right side of the screen. I also don't see as many options for the designs. Version number is 2.0.1

10. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! The next update also includes a performance boost for the game which will help even more.

Again, thank you for updating the Apple review - it makes such a difference for us.

11. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Sorry for the confusion with the screenshot, that screenshot of the HUD was taken on a Steam game. On mobile, the Talent bar is on the right hand of the screen.

In version 2.0.1 you should be able to get access to all 6 armor designs. The 7th one is coming in the next update. How many armor designs are you able to see?

12. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Thanks. I see the six designs. Excellent improvements. Looks slick

13. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

i've also updated my review on the App Store, your games are all really good, but TB is a masterpiece... i'm eagerly waiting Star Traders II, can't wait for it TBros.

hey btw, there's a chance to have Cyber Knights on iOS? please, i would like to play it!

14. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    The standard for game development, imho.

15. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review update! I am glad that TB has struck you ;) It has set a new standard for quality for us and is helping us push ST2 to all new levels.

Unfortunately, Cyber Knights was made in an era where our development was locked into Android-only. It would take about 9 months of dedicated work to port Cyber Knights to iOS, and we estimate that making an all new Cyber Knights 2 might take 12 months and be matched or better than BF in quality ... sooooo ;) Cyber Knights 2 will be iOS and Steam compatible along with our latest new games, starting with Heroes of Steel.

16. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #476 Gwarmaxx, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016

good news fallen, so i'll be waiting also for it.

anyway, please stay on current philosphy (at least for ST 2): top down view, great story (a crossover or spin off), a lot of characters features, small filesize, low ram requirements... all perfect as it is now!

17. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thank you! What kind words.

18. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    Your welcome. I'll expand; you continuously release excellent fully playable games at launch, well worth the cost, then you update with very solid and community responsive updates. I buy everything you do. Truly top notch. I don't mean just on iOS, best in all platforms. Thank you.

19. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    When's next sale, I want this game!

20. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

We don't usually schedule sales in advance, but I will post them here.