Universal Templar Battleforce RPG Full Game HD (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Oct 27, 2015.

1. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I have a request for the devs..

Is it possible to add the NPC / Other lead character avatars into the avatar set for your Templars after you beat the game? I love some of the other character art and it's a bummer some you only see a few times (like one of the women officers). After beating the game I feel like using those portraits wouldn't interfere with the game and would give some more variety. Though it looks like I'm nearing beating the game myself.

3. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

A very cool suggestion. It would possibly cause some confusion in the New Game+ mode, but I see what you are saying -- once you've beaten the game, it's just for the fun and because you like the portraits. I've added this one to our list.

4. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks! Keep up the great work as always. I seriously think this is your best game to date. I hope in the future this will get its own sequel with even more improvements. Probably the only new game of its type worth mentioning.

5. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thank you very much. We try hard to make every new game our best one, and I agree--Battleforce really earned that title! May the next challenger unseat the king ;)

6. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I loved reading it, and the interview with Shaun here on TA as well!

Thank you for sharing, and for opening yourselves up like that. Great, great stuff!

And... Thank you for today's update... I haven't had a chance to dive into it yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so later on tonight. =oD

8. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

You're welcome, we love working with Shaun. I always love doing a good interview, its fun trying to find new stories to share and trying to show different angles of our business and endeavor.

Thanks again for your support and I hope you'll update your review on the latest update!

9. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

We love big updates for Templar Battleforce, so check this monster out!

And, we loaded the next update in this morning, so stay tuned for even more!

What's New in Version 1.2.23
    - Added 6 new helmet designs to the Templar Designer - now pick among 36 faces and helmets!
    - Added 4 new character portraits to Templar Designer
    - Professional editing of all story text and dialog
    - Re-balancing Suppressing Fire (down-balanced highest level AoE and -MP effect)
    - Improving the RQ Tree's Detail View
    - Improved talent display for Uncapped Fury and Battlefield Enhancers
    - Fixed Issues with Hardened & Proven Achievements
    - Fixed issue with Brutual difficulty and retry
    - Added a confirm dialog when you decide to Retry a level
    - Fixed display bug with -MP curses from Crippling Attacks
    - Fixed Swap bugs, fixed first turn Deploy bugs
    - Fixed issues with rename in Templar Designer
    - Grenades explode and have a chance to hit all targets, even if original target missed
    - Improved display of Battleforce record: defeat count, added bonus %'s, Templars died or survived
    - Improved display of individual record: added kills per turn, Tact Points captured, level that killed Templar
    - Improved Performance
    - Fixed Reported Crashes
    - Fixed issues recording last-turn kills, last-turn secondary objectives
    - Display Talent Restriction Icons in Talent List
    - Berserk Self-Buff Uncapped Fury gains small healing effect
    - Berserk Unbalancing Blows becomes AoE after level 3
    - Added 2 New Berserk Axes (GL 5 and 9)
    - Improved speed of leveling Talents - less clicks
    - Last viewed Requisition node stays highlighted
    - Added color codes to the Requisition tree for easier visualization

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Love everything. The color coding skill tree.. what an awesome improvement. It's always a bit difficult seeing what is what but now I can check at a glance to see where all the classes split. Great idea! Though for the talent upgrade screen I wish there was some way to make it easier on the eyes? For some reason seeing the giant list of everything looking the same minus the stat text makes it difficult to read clearly and quickly.

And of course thank you for the confirmation retry screen. That'll save my butt forever.

Lastly, I'm an artist myself so I always want more portraits and helmets. So to see more get added is always my favorite update. The new ones are awesome. I already equipped my leader with a new helmet (the different colors definitely make him stand out). Hopefully in the future you can add some of the story NPC portraits in there as well.

Thanks a lot Fallen!

11. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

You're very welcome! The next update will include some additional armor designs, so that will up the variety even more.

The talent upgrade screen you are referencing is the one under Veterans > specific Templar > Talents? Just want to be sure we're thinking about the same thing. We are working on a few different upgrades to it that might help improve.

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yes that's the one. Looking at the list under each talent is hard on the eyes since only the numbers really change and all the boxes look the same.

I do concept designing and graphic design so I made an idea (too lazy to take out my tablet so I just used paint). This one gets rid of the dupe text that appears in every box and then shows everything in levels so it's easier to see. I should've probably picked a talent with an area attack. I would probably put their "attack range image" in the main top box so you don't have to see the same image on each level.

[​IMG]

Btw a question, what does counter-attack stat mean on templars that do not have melee weapons (swords / axes)? I've never seen my soldier, etc. ever counter attack after being hit. I thought it might be their regular fist attack but I've never seen my soldiers use it unless I manually punch someone during my turn.

13. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the suggested mockup! That looks pretty close to the direction we were going, but has some nice tweaks.

Counter-attack is not helpful for non-melee Templars.

14. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

15. VirusMech

VirusMech Member

Dec 30, 2015
    What about language location? (i think about community help)

16. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Is the question about localization? At this time, the game is only available in English.

17. VirusMech

VirusMech Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Yeaah i love my dictionary in phone ;)

18. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Can I ask what language you are interested in? We aren't in a position to localize the game at this time, but we're constantly gathering metrics about interest for different languages.

19. VirusMech

VirusMech Member

Dec 30, 2015
    I'm from Poland but i don't know how important for You is polish market ;)

20. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Great to hear -- it's very helpful for us to continue to gather info on who's playing and in languages.