Universal Templar Battleforce RPG Full Game HD (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Oct 27, 2015.

1. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Version 1.2.9 has now gone live!

Check out that feature list!

With this rate of updates, we need your help. Templar Battleforce is back to "No Ratings" on the App Store. We only ask you update your rating to support more updates!

What's New in Version 1.2.9
    - Added Kaldun Scittering Hive: New 2 level Deploy from Rychart Desert Command
    - Achievements Added: Difficulty-Specific Campaign Completion
    - Added 2 New character portraits added to Templar Designer
    - Added 4 New monster variations added, appearing as squad increases in level
    - New xeno Scittering variation: Radiated Scittering (+Radiation Dmg)
    - New xeno Brood Mother variation: Radiation Brood (+Radiation Dmg, spawns Radiated Scitterings)
    - New xeno Carapace variation: Magma Carapace (+Fire Res, +Plasma Res)
    - New xeno Spawn Pit variation: Spawn Tower (+HP and it fires back!)
    - Improve balance of last boss - more HP, more enemies, more challenge
    - Fixed Respec bugs (Paladin, Engineer, Scout)
    - Ordnance bugs fixed: update display of Buff durations and Talent use counters correctly
    - Reduced Gear Level of Dragoon Leviathan RELIC to 7
    - Fixed victory condition in Atmo-Reentry Levels
    - Fixed TP spawns in Drayan Core
    - Added New Engineer Weaponry - Architect Revolver, Cannon Revolver, Scoped Revolver, new Master Engineer Req Level
    - Reduced Berserker SP cost to 500
    - Armor / Buffs that reduce MP increase Heat dissipation proportionate to amount of -MP
    - Clearly marked Relics that are in use by other Templars and therefore cannot be equipped
    - Clearly marked which Ordnance require proximity to a Tact Point to use
    - Fixed SFX for Captain's Commander Cripping Orders
    - Fixed bug with disappearing Nyra on Righteous Fallen Secure Zones
    - Improved Meditech Ordnance by reducing randomness of healing
    - Simplified dialg in Rychart Desert Command to find next assignments
    - Rangefinder color varies by Talent target (Enemy, Friend, Ground)
    - Max Heat causes Leviathan to “shut down” and revert to 0 AP / 0 MP (256% of Max)
    - New Library pages: Overheating Damage, Talent rules (Ends Move, Ends Turn, Heat Restricted)
    - Click through on-map tutorial steps at your own pace
    - Increased Luthor and Nyra Talent Levels
    - Improved UI of Templar Designer - browse faces faster
    - Fixed bug that was not counting Medic x Talent Level into healing
    - Talents in list remain visible when AP = 0
    - Fix Turn Counter vs. Objectives Screen
    - Fixed Sentry Turret and AoE heal bug
    - Display sentry turret max when selecting a Sentry

2. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Whoops, I knew I was forgetting something. Updated and submitted!

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woah!! I just started a new game yesterday (went up a difficulty, now playing on Hard). The changes/tweaks/additions/content all sound freak'n great! I'm super pumped to get back into this... I've been hooked on Heroes of Steel for a while now, just finished Episode 2, figured it was a good time to get back into this. =oD
    Updated my iTunes review as well... and again, thank you for the post-release support. You guys rock. =oD

4. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the updated review! With fans like you on our side, we'll be back to having our rating in no time :D

5. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're enjoying the post-release support. It's a big part of what our studio does, we love our games and keep loving them. You might have noticed a big Heroes of Steel release gone live yesterday, and we just loaded a new one into the hopper!

6. mikahslash

mikahslash Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Creative Director
    Lyon, France
    Is this game any similar to Shoning Force? If so, I buy right now.

7. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    Aside from belonging to the genre of tactical turn based RPGs, not rally an apt comparison. This one has no snazzy battle cinematic battle animations, the action happens on the battlefield.

It's also not a character driven narrative, you the player "make up" your own characters, by picking the classes in your team. This more like hunters with a well written, plot-driven narrative, shining force is a more character driven tac rpg. That and you know, this is a sci fi western tac rpg and shining force is arguably a "high" - fantasy (tac +/-) JRPG, with all the pros and cons which that description implies.

8. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Could you possibly remove the retry button after the mission or put it in the corner with a warning? I accidentally hit it as I'm right handed and that button is closest to the right (oddly positioned with the continue being on the left side). I accidentally pressed it after the mission and with no warning it just reset everything I did for the past hour. I'm pretty peeved about it since I got nothing for retrying the level. Basically lost an hour with no stats or points to show for it. I'm actually not even sure what the retry button is for unless you're playing a hard mode and want to get the best score.

10. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

&$%#! Very sorry to hear that. The Retry button is there in case you don't like your score (you want a better bonus), or you feel like you needed to get more Secondary Objectives, or you lost Templars who you want to recover.

We will add a confirmation dialog to the retry right away.

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #411 L.Lawliet, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    Thanks for that! I think it will be helpful in case you're not paying attention if there's at least a confirmation. Now I understand that it makes more sense for harder modes if you lost important units.

Btw, I'm on "Traitor's Bunker" and I noticed that I'm stuck without a Engineer and they only mention mid level (I'm about 35 minutes in and now I'm screwed) you need one for the objective. They let me swap out the engineer which is odd. I noticed there is a summon point but I'm maxed on units so the only way to get an Engineer is to kill one of my own units to clear cap space.. :\ Probably need to lock up the Engineer so you can't swap them out at the beginning of the level.

And also I'm curious under the records for each unit, how are the missions ordered? I noticed they're all over the place so it's hard to see my kills for a specific unit for the previous mission. They seem like they're in order on the main overall record screen but on the individual unit screen I can't figure out how they're ordered.

Last thing, when I do overwatch I noticed if two units overlap overwatch spots in any way (just partly or entirely), only one unit will attack in the overlapping overwatch spot. I would think they should both fire at the enemy if the enemy survives the first hit. It's a bit difficult to have two people on overwatch near each other in a narrow space because now I have to make sure they are looking at separate spots entirely.

Thanks! Probably the best SRPG released in 2015 :D

12. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@L.Lawliet - thanks for the post and I am happy to help. About the OW question, check out this YouTube we've shared that explains all the rules. In short, overlapping OW templates is generally not to your advantage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqHNLW8vLKg

We will look into the records. They are placed in order of most recent mission. Are you in New Game+?

We are investigating the bug that allows you to swap Engineers at the beginning of the level, you should not be able to do that. We will fix asap. Sorry that it's got you in a bad spot.

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
  14. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
  15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Oh crap... Thanks for that... Lol... Got overly excited. =oP

16. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    well deserved, their games are made with real passion...

now i'm looking forward to have Star Traders 2!

17. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Will it work with the IPhone 6 Plus?

18. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Yes it'll work with 6+. However, I don't know if it will fill up the 6+'s entire screen. I play on a 6 and it does. Just gonna take a wild guess and say that yes it will fill the screen.

19. actionrpg8000

actionrpg8000 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Yes- that is what I play it on and it looks great

20. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Yes, it will work great and fill ups the entire screen, of course!

Enjoy!