Universal Templar Battleforce RPG Full Game HD (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Oct 27, 2015.

1. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Here are my two best suggestions:

1) Use your OW and range to keep the enemy cultists at a distance. A single OW template can wreck any charge from the cultists. Rely on Burst Fire, OW, and the occasion punch to prevent them from clumping up on you.

2) Do not charge the turrets unless you can knock them out on the turn of the charge. Use snipers, throw grenades, charge as a unit to knock the turrets out in a single go. Ignore the cultists to focus on the turrets, as they are the biggest weapons that the heaviest weaponry the cultists have.

I hope that helps!

2. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Great feedback! I'm glad you're looking forward to trying a new build type for your next play-through.

When you're loading up on Engineer + Turrets, are you raising the Talent as well as the Engineer's Engineering skill and Focus? These all have a big impact on the turret's power.

I wouldn't discount Soldiers :) They aren't Neptunes, but they have some of the best versatility and buffs in the game and still pack OW. Try a short ranged one with plasma ... or a longer ranged one with Long Leviathan. Rallying Charge oh la la.

Try a pistoleer Captain. Back that up with Crippling Orders, and you can run a very different type of Captain than the tank shield+sword.

3. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #384 L.Lawliet, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    Thanks! Time for me to join the club. I'll be buying now since I missed my chance last time. I'll call it my Thanksgiving gift.

Btw, what are some overall generally powerful classes to focus on for starters. I'll probably want to try the strongest ones first then being to experiment once I get a feel for the game :)

Edit:

Dev is there a chance in the next update you could fix the app icon text so it doesn't say "Templar Ba..." Those things really bother me for some reason. I think just Templar or Templar:BF would be much better! Thank you!

5. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Picked this up after returning that crap orcannon blah. Haven't played it yet but I have high hopes.

6. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Enjoy, and let us know what you think!

7. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Try out Scouts+Needle Rifles+Cripping Fire Talent.

Also, try out Soldiers with Plasma Rifles

Many find the Hydra very powerful and very fun - light the whole battlefield up!

On the name, your Apple device decides where to chop it and add "..." Sorry that your device is chopping it in a less than great place. We can't change the game's name and lose our keyword recognition at this point. And, many devices are chopping at different places.

8. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Bummer... The west cost gets no love! Haha... I just got my gift card and the game went up to regular price. I thought the sake was running through the Thanksgiving weekend and it's only 10:43 pm (PAC) but I guess it ended...

I'll buy this in the near future but already began spending my gift card and assumed I'd have enough since it wasn't past midnight in CA yet.

9. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Very sorry about that ... the sales control on our end is pretty opaque. We said we wanted it to run through Sunday ... we don't get control over time or timezone.

10. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    It's awesome!! Like space hulk, hunters 1/2, with some xcom and fantastic rpg trees. I would say it's a masterpiece and definitely in the tippy top of tactical RPGs. Worth full price for sure!!

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Disappointing about the icon name but oh well. Other games use shorthand / have swapped to shorthand later, and they don't have any keyworkd recognition problems. The World Ends With You is put on the icon as TWEWY, Ace Attorney is A.AttorneyDD, Squids WW etc. I asked a few devs who apparently didn't notice it based on their device and they switched it pretty easily on their coming updates. I guess looking a "Ba..." on my homescreen just bugs me in general.

About the game it's pretty good and I'm enjoying it a lot. I noticed that all actions take move points. I sometimes wish they would put that in the talent descriptions. I guess they all take the same movement points so that's why they aren't included? The tutorial actually wasn't very easy for me to understand but since I play TRPGs pretty often I just winged it until I figured it out after 3-4 matches.

Seems like my favorite unit is the Captain with a sword and pistol. I haven't really found too much use for penetration and bio damage. I can kill enemies in about the same time with a high powered weapon and it's generally more useful since I can kill weaker enemies quicker instead of having them live and waiting for them to burn or get shot again by another character.

I would enjoy more helmets and faces! Seems like there just is never enough with the amount of units I have created. Or maybe making helmets with the same image but with various colors? Since the masks share a similar aesthetic at quick glance I have trouble telling them apart. Even some different styles of helmets would be really cool (Halo for instance just makes a lot of different designs so everyone can look mostly distinct).

Thanks for the great game!

12. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! I hope you'll drop a review on the App Store :)

13. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Yes, any time you spend an AP, you will automatically spend an equivalent number of MP. However, if you have no MP, it does not prevent you from taking the action. Basically, action reduces mobility.

We are working on adding more faces to the game and will hopefully have two more in the next update.

I think you'll find bio-poison interesting if you give it a try. Also great with Crippling Shot talent, great for Goliaths, Carapace and other heavy hitters.

Penetration is good all the time. If you penetrate, the enemy armor is reduced by more than 50%.

14. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

We have submitted v1.2.7 to Apple for review! Hope to see it live in a week or so!

It is a HUGE roll-up of releases that we've posted over the last few weeks, including new levels, new monsters, new faces, balancing changes, new rules, tons of UI updates, ...

Big Christmas present for our team!

v1.2.7 - 12/4/2015
    - Added 2 New character portraits to Templar Designer
    - Added 4 New monster variations, appearing as squad increases in level
    - New xeno Scittering variation: Radiated Scittering (+Radiation Dmg)
    - New xeno Brood Mother variation: Radiation Brood (+Radiation Dmg, spawns Radiated Scitterings)
    - New xeno Carapace variation: Magma Carapace (+Fire Res, +Plasma Res)
    - New xeno Spawn Pit variation: Spawn Tower (+HP and it fires back!)
    - Improve balance of last boss - more HP, more enemies, more challenge
    - Fixed Respec bugs (Paladin, Engineer, Scout)
    - Ordnance bugs fixed: update display of Buff durations and Talent use counters correctly
    - Reduced Gear Level of Dragoon Leviathan RELIC to 7
    - Fixed victory condition in Atmo-Reentry Levels
    - Fixed TP spawns in Drayan Core

v1.2.3 - 11/21/2015
    - Added Kaldun Scittering Hive: New 2 level Deploy from Rychart Desert Command
    - Added New Engineer Weaponry - Architect Revolver, Cannon Revolver, Scoped Revolver, new Master Engineer Req Level
    - Reduced Berserker SP cost to 500
    - Armor / Buffs that reduce MP increase Heat dissipation proportionate to amount of -MP
    - Clearly marked Relics that are in use by other Templars and therefore cannot be equipped
    - Clearly marked which Ordnance require proximity to a Tact Point to use
    - Fixed SFX for Captain's Commander Cripping Orders
    - Fixed bug with disappearing Nyra on Righteous Fallen Secure Zones
    - Improved Meditech Ordnance by reducing randomness of healing
    - Simplified dialg in Rychart Desert Command to find next assignments

v1.2.1 - 11/14/2015
    - Achievements Added: Difficulty-Specific Campaign Completion
    - Rangefinder color varies by Talent target (Enemy, Friend, Ground)
    - Max Heat causes Leviathan to “shut down” and revert to 0 AP / 0 MP (256% of Max)
    - New Library pages: Overheating Damage, Talent rules (Ends Move, Ends Turn, Heat Restricted)
    - Click through on-map tutorial steps at your own pace
    - Increased Luthor and Nyra Talent Levels
    - Improved UI of Templar Designer - browse faces faster
    - Fixed bug that was not counting Medic x Talent Level into healing
    - Talents in list remain visible when AP = 0
    - Fix Turn Counter vs. Objectives Screen
    - Fixed Sentry Turret and AoE heal bug
    - Display sentry turret max when selecting a Sentry
    - Hover over active effects in bottom right to see list

15. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    great, great, great!!!

thanks for the news fallen, can't wait for this update, you're game is really good for a strategy lover like me.

16. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Great to hear, thank you very much for the encouragement! I hope you'll leave a review on the App Store and tell a few friends -- it goes a long way in helping us keep pumping out new content and updates!

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    AHHHH!!! I've gotta get back into this!!

The update sounds awesome! Now, I just gotta put down Heroes of Steel... =oP

I think I've done reviews in the AppStore... But I'll be sure to make sure they're updated. Thank you so much for the great post-release support... Love you guys. =oD

18. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Great to hear you're enjoying Heroes of Steel as well!

We truly appreciate the support, and the reviews too!

19. replicanttheory

replicanttheory Active Member

Jul 4, 2013
    #399 replicanttheory, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    Are there any plans or thoughts on having random daily / weekly missions available for when you finish the game and you don't want to do another playthrough? Things like taking out random xeno cult outbreaks, offensives against the narvidians or maybe an endless survival (like a holo deck simulation)

20. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Currently, we're focusing on adding more optional content, as well as some deployments you can tackle from the "end game area". More level content is definitely coming, but at the moment, it isn't in daily or endless form.