Universal Templar Battleforce RPG Full Game HD (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Oct 27, 2015.

1. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

In fact, we still are :D There is another update "in review" with Apple right now!

2. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Need the latest devices to play?

3. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    It's worth mentioning this game has SEVEN difficulty levels, of which I'd encourage someone who isn't me to post a pic of.

They range from Templars never die to permadeath plus enemies scale +6 levels to yours.

4. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    You guys are continuing to support HoS, which is awesome. Any future plans for this game?

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
  6. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

No, you shouldn't need the latest devices to play. What device do you have?

7. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

The current plan is completely focused on filling out Episode 4. The game is already insanely huge, but it needs to be bigger :)

8. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Sorry I meant Templar Battleforce. HoS is huge enough.

9. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Lol, agreed ;)

Battleforce has been out for 33 days on Steam and already received 9 really nice updates. We've added more levels, new unlocks, weapons, and talents.

The game is finished -- 45 levels, a run of bosses and an epic story conclusion. However, we can't really help ourselves on dreaming up improvements to take the game to the next level. So yes ... more is coming :cool:

10. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    I'm on ipad 4 and more and more newer games are beginning to lag on me..

11. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

You should be absolutely fine. We test all the way back to 2nd gen and it runs great. It's buttery smooth on the oldest iPad we have.

12. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hi there!! Wow nice.. You have my support on this!!!

13. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Thanks and dling!
    Btw, brothers working together, nice

And big thanks for no Iap rng craps.

14. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

We couldn't be happier to be doing this as brothers. It gives us a very unique mind-meld capability on game design :) I hope you enjoy it!

15. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    And if you do have an Android phone, I'd heartily recommend checking out their older library as well, namely Templar Assault (the prequel to this game) and Cyber Knights, which is great and severely lacking on iOS - though I have just nagged fallen about that over email :p

Yes, the Trese Brothers games are usually high quality and quite reliable, they do an outstanding job updating them and working with the community.

I can't wait to sink my teeth in this one, as I loved Templar Assault to bits :)

16. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

If you loved Templar Assault, I think you'll find Battleforce to be right in your wheelhouse. The 3 years of honing our skills has made Battleforce a whole new beast.

17. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I almost corrected myself in using the past tense there!

18. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Could anybody please elaborate on how similar this is to X-COM? Especially the battles and WHY exactly that is? Would appreciate it before I buy it :)

I love X-COM on my pc but on iOS i feel like it is too complex and a little finicky to control, how does this game compare?

19. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

#39 fallen, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Interesting question. I don't want to color responses too much, but if you're playing XCom on PC, check out the Battleforce reviews on Steam to get a feeling for what people are thinking there (link).

I guess that might not answer the question, as your asking about how it fits onto a smaller screen. If it helps, we were first a mobile development group before we transitioned to Steam, so we have had our eye on hitting the sweet spot for mobile play all year.

20. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Also (even though I still haven't had the chance to actually play Templar Battleforce), the comparison to XCOM might be a weird one. XCOM has the cover mechanics which - to the best of my knowledge, and feel free to correct me :) - Templar Battleforce doesn't.

A better comparison would be Space Hulk or the Hunters series from Rodeo.

All are good games, mind you, just different :)