Universal Templar Battleforce RPG Full Game HD (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Oct 27, 2015.

1. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

2. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Noooiiice you guys are so fast at making changes. :D

3. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

You're welcome!

Much like the Templars, we can suffer no bug to live! ;)

4. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    I noticed certain ordinances can only be used if you're close to a base (such as the medic's resupply). It would be nice if this was more clear. I bought one in a mission to try to save my medic since they were out of healing uses only to discover she couldn't use it because she was too far away.

Unless it's said somewhere on the tooltip, but I didn't see it.

5. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Our apologies about the unexpressed rule. We've taken a todo item to add this warning to any Ordnance that requires proximity to a Tact Point.

The rule is as follows - IF there is a Tact Point in the level (an open deploy) than any resupply Ordnance must be used within 6 tiles of a friendly Tact Point.

We will make sure this is visible before you spend your precious SP on an Ordnance.

6. clothiersphere

Nov 13, 2015
    difficulty -

currently playing on hard and breezing through, but enjoying it a lot - I am a glutton for punishment. How bad is the jump from Hard to Brutal/Nightmare/Ironman?

7. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

The next release will add a number of new enemy varieties that will spice up difficulty for you -- Predators, Plated Hunters, Lancers, Siege Goliaths. More coming after that too.

It's hard to quantify the jump up from Hard to the higher levels. The actual level differences are noted in the difficulty screen. If you're looking for punishment, I would at least upgrade to Brutal :D

8. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

#288 fallen, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Here's to hoping that Apple hurries up with 1.1.31, cause we're already cooking a pretty amazing 1.2.x series!

If you love updates and improvements, please be sure to update your review on the current version!

v1.2.1 - Coming soon!
    - New Achievements Added: Difficulty-Specific Campaign Completion
    - Rangefinder color now depends on type of Talent target (Enemy, Friend, Ground)
    - Double Max Heat causes Leviathan to “shut down” and revert to 0 AP / 0 MP (256% of Max)
    - New library entries: Overheating Damage rules, Talent rules (Ends Move, Ends Turn, Heat Restricted)
    - Click through on-map tutorial steps at your own pace
    - Increased Luthor and Nyra Talent Levels Increased
    - Fixed bug that was not counting Medic x Talent Level into healing
    - Talents in list remain visible when AP = 0
    - Fix Turn Counter vs. Objectives Screen
    - Fixed Sentry Turret and AoE heal bug
    - Display sentry turret max when selecting a Sentry

9. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    I took the plunge, as you brothers have won me over with TBF both as a game and as a product that you've launched as a company.

I'm enjoying it now while looking forward to how you evolve it through updates in the coming months/years.

My purchase almost feels like an investment. :D

10. clothiersphere

Nov 13, 2015
    Sorry if this was answered already - is it possible to reset requsition?

11. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    I don't think so. I'm pretty sure requisitions are meant to be difficult permanent choices that you use to specialize your squad towards the end of the game. But so far I've earned enough points each mission to get two or three requisitions so it's not too hard to slowly shift focus if needed.

Man, 1.2 looks really good. There are a lot of subtle changes in that list that other developers would gloss over. It sounds like you're taking every feedback item no matter how small. People weren't lying when they remarked at your dedication.

12. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

As commented by @Tulki, requisition cannot be reset. However, with Respec you have full freedom to try all the different Requisition levels you've unlocked.

With a New Game+ feature already in the game, you can max out the RQ tree in about 2 skillful play throughs on the campaign.

Your choices in the RQ is what makes your squad unique. More RQ levels are coming, but also more deployments to gain RP points are coming too.

13. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the encouragement. I hope that you will continue to enjoy our serious dedication to increasing our product and dropping new content, features and improvements at a dizzying rate. We aim to impress.

I hope you can help spread the word by leaving a review on the game and telling a few friends!

p.s. If you like tactics RPGs, and fantasy RPGs, don't miss Heroes of Steel. Still getting weekly updates, 2 years in!

14. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thank you for the kind words and the encouragement. We try to be meticulous about writing down every snippet of feedback and then every week we sort through them together and stitch all the best ideas into the roadmap. We love Battleforce, but we believe it can be even better with everyone's help.

Thank you for leaving a review on the product and for telling a few friends :D

15. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Already submitted a review and both Steel and 4X are in my wishlist now.

16. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thank you! Sorry if we sound a bit like a broken record on reviews, but its due to our fast update policy. Every time we put out an update, an app is reset to "no rating." If new reviews are left, or old reviews are updated for the current version, we can get back to our 5 star real fast :D

Often, sadly, another update comes out before we get out of the "no rating" zone again lol. It is one major draw back of being so blasted dedicated.

17. faceleg

faceleg Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Auckland, NZ
    The App Store is broken in a lot of ways.

Btw my minimal available play time is now 100% battleforce instead of 50/50 battleforce and xcom :p

18. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    I'm getting my butt kicked by the early mission where you have to re activate power nodes. They keep exploding and torching my guys. Any tips for this one? Thank you.

19. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Important to know the exploding ones are randomized every level - so don't write one off because it blew up last time.

Be sure to establish a base of operations at the Tact Point in the center.

Visit the yellow crates west of the Tact Point to pick up the medkit Ordnance.

The level starts kind of quiet -- for the first few turns the xeno count is low. So, use this to your advantage. I always sent Captain to the SW power node, and Scout to the SE power node. Then both fight their way north to the nearest. Then we reconvene in the center and see how many more we need to do.

Take your time if needed. Early in the level, splitting up into teams of 1 will work, second half of the level, I'd suggest using teams of 2 to reach the power nodes. Use OW as much as possible as you advance.

20. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

I am glad we can stand toe to toe with a classic :D Promise the game will only get better and bigger -- more levels coming.