Universal Templar Battleforce RPG Full Game HD (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Oct 27, 2015.

1. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    This game is absolutely beautiful. Tiny details and stragedy. I just started playing and barely put it down to share my joy. Back to the game!

2. robsonsouza

robsonsouza New Member

Nov 8, 2015
  3. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Thanks for the great update ... And posting about the next one! I'm looking toward to the update which shows available move points on the map - very useful feature, that.

So sorry if this sounds pedantic, but my sound designer OCD is kicking in on 2 noises. The default Templar walk has a click at the end which gets me, maybe the wave isn't cut at zero at one end? Or maybe needs a sharp fade?

Also the critter attack noise seems 'implement' rather than 'organic being'..... But that a lot more subjective than the one above about the walking :)

Keep up the great work - love the game!

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    fallen and-or Templar veterans of this thread, do you find it mechanically viable to grow the Captain into a melee-ranged all-purpose fighter? Or better yet, set him up as a squad buffing melee-ranged generalist?

5. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    And so begins the long string of free, content-rich updates that are the hallmark of the Trese Brothers.

Right on schedule. Ya gotta love these guys.

6. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    I've been making my captain a melee fighter with emphasis on auto block so he can actually hold his own. Seems to work reasonably well. Grenades take care of clustered enemies.

7. faceleg

faceleg Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Auckland, NZ
    This

I recruited a paladin thinking I would use the healing but tend to just use engineers soldiers a scout and the captain

8. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Have you looked over the new Commander's branch in the RQ tree? This can be a great way for a Captain to spend AP or stay at a distance, if you don't like the melee style. I find myself mixing mostly melee and Command Talents now to curse an enemy right before my Captain cuts them down.

9. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Lots of ways to play, glad to hear you're enjoying one :D Paladin's can have a mighty heal and are some of the best defenders and can share that power with other Templars nearby.

10. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    One more bit of feedback:

I noticed that before a mission, it tells you how many templars you'll deploy and whether or not there will be bases to deploy more. E.g. "5 Open Deploy" => deploy five, with bases to deploy more. "4 Closed Deploy" => deploy four, no bases to deploy more.

For some missions though, it appears that one of the initial templars is sometimes restricted to a certain class, and the game will auto-recruit, spec, equip, and deploy one if you don't have one in your company. This happened with a hydra that joined my party (I did not have the class unlocked) with talents and equipment I hadn't unlocked.

I get why it happens, but it's kind of confusing since they just show up kind of out of nowhere with no option to swap them out.

I don't know how feasible it is, but in this case it would be nice if the pre-mission screen said something like this, for example:

Five templar closed deploy where one must be a hydra => "1 Hydra, 4 Closed Deploy", instead of just "5 Closed Deploy".

In any case, I now have a reasonably well-specced hydra without the requisitions for them... heh.

11. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback. I think that would be a great add to get it to specifically mention Hydra, when the recruit will happen. I have put that on our to-do list.

98% of missions deploy from a standard list (Captain, Engineer, Scout, Soldier) and in the campaign that Hydra is the only time that you will have a special deploy and be required to use the Templar to complete mission objectives. Sorry for the confusion. There is a basic of level of gear & talents always unlocked for a Hydra if you have one.

12. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

13. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

We've now finalized and submitted the next path for Apple App Store - we added 5 more items before wrapping it up. Hope to see it live in a few days.

Our aggressive release cycle always hurts our review ratings on Apple - often "not enough for the current version." If you like updates, I hope you can help us by updating your review or leaving a new one.

v1.1.31 - 11/10/2015
    - Added move path highlighting for Templars
    - Remixed some music tracks
    - Multi-Kill Achievements with Napalm Charge
    - Higher Difficulty "Skip Tutorial" Grants XP Bonus
    - Removed Required Berserker Spawns from Maps
    - Fixed Mid-Level Saving of TP Credits & TP Upgrades
    - Increased Duration on Indomitable Defense to 4 Turns
    - Added Spawn Control Rule: burning fire on a spawning point prevents spawning
    - New monster variations added, appearing as squad increases in level
    - 2 New xeno Hunter variations: Plated Hunter (+Armor) and Predator (+MP, +Dmg)
    - New xeno Spitter variation: Lancer (+Range)
    - New xeno Goliath variation: Siege Goliath (+HP)
    - Damage show on the map even if -0; differentiates miss / soaked hit
    - Improved Neptune's Full-Vent Talent: directly reduces Heat in trade for move / defense penalties
    - Fixing incorrect locations in Objectives list
    - Burst Fire and other attack Talents include range in detail box
    - Improved consistency of weapon naming

14. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up, looks promising!

One small request, if I may. Some of the talents don't have clear consequences. For instance, I remember that I was surprised for not being able to move after Grapple. I suppose that's what the small icon is meant to mean.

Any chance of adding a caption for the small icon on the info pop-up?

Cheers.

15. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

We're working on making those better explained. The first step is to add them to the library, which is now done for v1.1.33. We'll keep improving!

16. faceleg

Sep 29, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Auckland, NZ
    I have no words

17. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Lol, we can't be stopped ;) Please help us out by updating your review on App Store to the latest version.

18. faceleg

Sep 29, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Auckland, NZ
    Wilco

19. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Medic heal scaling

I think medic heal scaling might not be working right.

In the library, it says that healing talents gain bonus healing equal to (Medic Skill x Talent Rank), but it looks like healing is always boosted by (Medic Skill x 1) regardless of the talent's rank.

20. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thanks for reporting this! We have fixed the bug in the code, now it will be correct -- (Medic Skill x Talent Level).