Universal Templar Battleforce RPG Full Game HD (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Oct 27, 2015.

1. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    When click deploy, after the map screen appears, usually there is a text , e.g. Deck 14 - Xxxxxxx , intro text I think, but the text comes and go very quickly, couldn't catch anything else, perhaps delaying slightly?

2. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback, we can work on that. The text that is shown is simply the name of the level. You can see it at the top of the HQ screen, or if you bring up the game menu, it is shown in the bottom left.

3. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

#203 fallen, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    We're looking forward to improving the movement highlighting in future releases. Some of the updates in the v1.1.25 make big improvements to the art that you're referencing, but the equipment model doesn't change when you modify the helmet or armor, yet.

Thank you very much for the high praise the 5 star rating!

4. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Is there anyway to make this game compatible with ios 7.0.3?

5. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Sorry, the game requires iOS 7.1 or later. We aren't going to be able to step that down to 7.0.3. Is there any way you can update?

6. Reaganomics

Apr 26, 2009
    #206 Reaganomics, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    Unfortunately, I'm stuck at 7.0.3. I'm hesitant to update to 8.4.1 on my ipad mini 1 as I'm certain its performance will be affected. And I don't want to play it on the small screen of my iphone 6. Anyway, thanks for the response, I do appreciate it. I wish you a ton of success with your game!

7. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

I hope that whenever you do take the update to the next iOS version, you do check out Templar Battleforce.

Sorry to ask again, your iPhone 6 is stuck at 7.0.3?

8. Reaganomics

Apr 26, 2009
    No it's my ipad mini 1. I'll definately check the game out when the opportunity arises.

9. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Ahh, thanks for explaining.

The game is universal, so if you want to snag it for your phone, you can play it on your iPad later at not extra cost.

Good luck!

10. Flip90

Flip90 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Appsolultly loving the game well worth the money. Just wanted to mention a small bug not sure if it's already been mentioned. Now and then it stops letting me pan round the screen or zoom in and out have had to play some turns zoomed out so everything was very small playing on iphone 6 IOS 9.1. Keep up the good work guys #

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    This is just stunning. It run roughshod over Deathwatch in all aspects but the presentation (and even that aspect can be discussed at length. I find Templar's graphics to be more pleasant to interact with, and the battlefield perspective more comprehensive). Normally, each product is unique enough that I'd never pit one game against anything but asset-pilfering imposters, but Templar Battleforce makes Deathwatch irrelevant for almost anyone but rabid 40K fans and casual gamers.

fallen/Trese Brothers, you wouldn't happen to consider Templar's turn-based combat engine and character mechanics good fits for inclusion in Star Traders 2, would ya? If not (and you haven't already another awesome boarding system, which I'm realizing as I type this you probably do)... please do ;)

12. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@Flip90 - thanks for the report, this has not been mentioned before. Can you give any more indication of when "now and then" occurs? Any patterns you notice about notifications, actions you are taking in the game, you leaving and coming back to the app? Any details you can spare would really help -- we want to fix every bug.

Suffer no xeno (or bug!) to live!

13. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Wow, thank you very much for the high praise. The Templars are the ultimate warriors of the Star Traders universe and they run their mechs over anything in their path :D

We've evaluated a Templars-like boarding system for Star Traders 2, but found that it really bends the game in a bad way. Boarding becomes a huge, time consuming mini-game that would overshadow the rest of the game. Some of these elements will be present in the ST2 boarding combat system, but it will focus on faster interactions and the tense cat-and-mouse game of trying to disable/capture a ship and deadly checkmates in the engine room or bridge.

14. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Those templars are stomping figuratively and literally, in-canon and meta as well as mechanically and qualitatively. Fans of broad and deep turn-based strategy and warfare tactics, of gritty sci-fi, or fun in general, grab this. These mechs stand shoulder to shoulder right up there with FFT, Demon's Rise, Frozen Synapse and the Ravenmark franchise.

I think this realization was at the back of my mind as I wrote the post above. And it is not like I could be any more excited for Star Traders 2 anyways.

I'll instead focus my wayward hopes towards the extremely high Steam praise of Templar Battleforce, and hope it and the seemingly universal iOS acclaim translates into the kind of profits that necessitates a long string of at least one sequel to Battleforce ;)

15. Orpheus

Orpheus Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    I have a question

Is there any way to "farm" xp and rp ? Since unlike deathwatch you can't replay missions. Do you get more xp if u ignore the turn goal in favor of killing more enemies b4 finish a mission ?

16. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

The game rewards XP bonuses in a number of different ways -- by reaching the objective of the mission with a turn goal, but counting your "kill per turn" rate, and by your squad achieving any of the secondary objectives in the mission.

Therefore, there are a lot of ways to get the bonuses -- you could go a little slower, hit all the secondaries. You could blitz the mission to get the biggest speed bonus, or you could play anywhere in the middle and get a high kill per turn rate.

However, there is no real ability to farm. The longer you stay on a map, the harder it is going to be to keep your per turn kill rate high. And by sticking around, you aren't going to be able to get it significantly higher than if you decided to end the mission now. So, no -- no farming really, but lots of exciting and different ways to score the bonuses.

When the campaign ends, you can choose to replay it with your victorious squad. This is as close to farming as the game allows, it lets you play through as many times as you like, and max out your squad. Play through, make different choices and ordering of deployments.

Vae Victus, Templar!

17. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Same here. Graphics are not great but the game really pulls you in! And the devs are excellent and deserve support.

18. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thank you very much. The next release (v1.1.25) that is pending for Apple review includes a ton of graphics updates, including a full update of all of the Templar models.

I hope you'll take a minute to drop a review on Apple to help support our efforts!

19. faceleg

faceleg Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Auckland, NZ
    this and xcom:ew

I'm alternating this game with XCom. They're different but equally fun for me.

Impressive that three brothers can make a game that (for me at least) competes as strongly for my limited game time as does XCom.

They scratch different itches, and both perform beautifully.

20. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@faceleg - thank you! We're happy to be right there compared to XCom.

We've been sharpening our game-dev chops for 5 years to get this far, so we're very proud of what a tiny team of brothers can achieve. We appreciate you helping us spread the word!