Universal Templar Battleforce RPG Full Game HD (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Nice! Thank you again for being awesome!

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow that's an amazing changelog. Props for all the fixes and additions!

3. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

We've had a few weeks on Steam to build it up and get ready. They won't all be that big, but the first one is extra special !

4. faceleg

faceleg Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Auckland, NZ
    Rated on the NZ App Store.

Let's all rate the game in the iOS App Store - App Store ratings matter!

5. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Definitely against long-tapping, as, if you think about it, especially on phones, long-tapping means that when the information shows up your finger is still obscuring the view.

Tapping is usually more elegant in the sense that you will always have the full screen for you to view.

My suggestion, really is:
    - Tap enemy (or any entity, really) selects it and shows whatever stats you want to show;
    - Second tap on it fires - or activates a skill, if it is selected.
    - you can select a skill before or between taps, as it wouldn't undo any selection. So, I can see you:
    a) selecting skill, selecting enemy, seeing stats, and finally choosing to use it;
    b) selecting enemy, seeing stats, selecting skill, and finally choosing to use it;

Just some thoughts.

Thanks!

6. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    I hope selecting a skill pops up or show somewhere the stats (i keep selecting talents and tap info numerous times to view stats), then if selecting enemy, enemy and our combat stats shows), then finally confirming using it

Think somewhere along the xcom way is ok?

7. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Got to play a bit more last night. After the first two missions this game ramps up quick in the fun department!

Only things I really want to see and I know have been mentioned already: skirmish mode and movement range on the grid.

Very great game.

8. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    3D Touch support for movement/attacking :) Thst actually doesn't sound too good.

9. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I know it's not your usual cup of tea but have you guys thought about maybe adding some mp through Game Center ?

10. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    #190 CalinR, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    If 3D Touch is apples new pressure sensitive gimmick, screw that in a big way, I agree with you (I think). Best part about their games IMO is that they run on older hardware and don't rely on swipe controls and other gimmicky interface options to hide shallow gameplay. As an older gamer, that's my beef with most of the stuff on the AppStore.

11. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thank you very much. App Store ratings matter a lot, a very lot.

12. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

It is not a matter of it being our cup or tea, specifically. As a very small studio, we have very limited resources. Currently, MP is out side of the scope of possible.

We hope everyone will help by rating the game, sharing the game, and buying the game. If games like Battleforce can help our studio grow, MP is very much something we want to include in future titles.

13. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Yeah makes sense. I left a review and been telling my friends that are into to this type of game about it.

Anyway excited for the upcoming update !

14. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on the 8 different classes - Captain, Scout, Soldier, Engineer, Berserk, Paladin, Hydra, and Neptune.

Which are you using? Are you swapping in heavy Templars every level? What combos are making the best fire teams?

15. luckystrikeguy

Sep 18, 2013
    Scouts and soldiers are awesome. Go behind enemy lines and cover the the enemy advance with over watch to hit them from both sides.

It be cool if the the scout would have some kind of backstabbing ability.

Annnnd you guys should add a freaking tank and enemy tanks. .... I'm just rambling but this game is just awesome

16. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    I'm not that well versed in these types of games but the reviews and style have me really interested. I have played the latest Warhammer 40k iOS game but never finished it. I had to delete it for space but I did enjoy it and got several missions into the game.
    My question is does this game have enough difficulty settings so I should be able to play and enjoy it or will I just be lost if I haven't played too many turn based games?
    Normally I'd just buy it anyway but the amount of releases this week have broke the bank lol.

17. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    7 difficulty levels. Ask someone to post a pic cause my TA app never works and still doesn't with that. They range from +1 to +12(?) levels above your own (for the enemies) and all of them have some variation of either nothing dies for good, or once a Templar dies they die forever. Either on a win or a loss. I'm fairly good at that games, been playing them for 20 years now, and their "demanding" diff (4/7 I think) is definitely giving me a very solid but fair run for my money. On it, Templars only stay dead if you choose to finish the mission and don't restart it (with no penalty) but the higher ones don't have that luxury.

18. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

As @CalinR said, all of our games feature pretty intense difficulty scales. You can play on Easy and slaughter your way through, Normal and fight your way, all the way up to Nightmare where you are constantly at death's door and barely making a mission ... and if you want, to Ironman in which every turn is permanent and there is no choice to abort. Ironman is where games can die forever.

You can also replay the campaign again with your victorious squad, so a "new game+" mode.

19. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Cool, thanks for the comments guys. I'll probably be getting this one over the weekend.

20. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    This game really grows on you as you play.. The story, the gameplay, the requisition tree, etc. Fantastic. But the numerous stats can be mind boggling for me, hence the summary stats for combat when selecting enemy, etc % success, easy to understand stats will be very much welcome.this, together with the future feature of highlighting the tile showing the required movement points will increased/ speed up the tactical element gameplay.

Also, when changing the face icon/ picture, does the face/helmet on the Templar picture also change? It doesn't seem to change?

Overall, I rate it 5 on AppStore, well done!!