Universal Tempest: Pirate Action RPG (by HeroCraft Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HeroCraftGames, Apr 18, 2017.

1. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    Changed my play style to concentrate on questing - ignoring all the random encounters - and I'm noticeably getting cash more quickly than grinding random encounters. The faction quests regenerate after a period so it's possible to grind faction quests too!

This time focussing on accuracy and speed (as items tend to buff range and manoeuvrability and the larger, more beweaponed ships tend to be REALLY slow). Still really enjoying this. Not missing cloud saves as I only play on my 6+ and you can't 'die' as such: you just respawn at the nearest harbour less some cargo and cash - which I found out the hard way after accidentally running into a 'boarding' circle while battling with canon - only to find my boarding crew had all been decimated by shrapnel so I got sunk :)

GOTY for me unless Drifter comes out...

2. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #102 Saucepolicy, May 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2021
    Without cloud save support it is extremely unlikely, I'm afraid. I have seen game updates where the old save is still there, but the updated game thinks it's corrupt. Those can sometimes be recovered with another app patch.

I suggest using Herocraft's contact form, rather than hoping they'll respond here: http://www.herocraft.com/contacts/

Alternately, try posting or sending a message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/herocraft.games

In the absence of a dev response, your first step should be to grab an iOS file explorer like i-Funbox. Look through the game's file structure and look for anything that appears to be a save file; often they'll end in .sav or have some other identifier, like your character name, a date, etc.

Someone else on this thread may have a file explorer handy and could let you know specifically what to look for.

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

if you have iFunbox/iFile still working all save files for almost every iOS game are on Documents folder, except for some that have them in Library folder... so, for every game you must backup both folders and copy their content on another device (sometimes save files work even between iOS and Android).

4. fliindnyce

fliindnyce Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    What is the best thing to purchase and resale For trade?

5. HeroCraftGames

HeroCraftGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 2, 2012
    Hi,

It's really sad to hear that you lost your save, it can be issue with the game. Unfortunately we can't rescue your Save file, but, as we have many requests about Cloud save it will be available in the upcoming update (no ETA at the moment).

Yours,
    HeroCraft dev team.

6. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    they do respond look above this post :)

7. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Ok, I'm sick of taking quests that are WAY out of my league without any warning. I was supposed to pick up ore from some places. The third place has fortresses near the pick up spot and they start firing on me as I approach. I'm still in the dinky starter ship! I have no way of making any money and without saves, I can't risk trying anything.

8. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I'm done. Payoff is always far too little for the effort put in. Missions sometimes don't end. AI uses poison the nanosecond you pull alongside and kills more than half your crew. Total rage quit like a five year old.

9. HeroCraftGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 2, 2012
  10. Tikanderoga

Tikanderoga Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    Love the game. Would love to see trading fixed though. Else it's really hard to make coins other than doing missions.

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I want to grab this on sale but all the people saying its hard to know what to do or where to go scares me lol.

12. Tikanderoga

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    It's really not that hard. It's rear fun, give it a try. It's really worth it.

13. sparekarma

sparekarma Active Member

I agree...I take it as an open sandbox type of game with many missions but a loose story as far as I can tell (if you have ever played Mount & Blade) a lot of fun that way.

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Is there markers telling you where to go or what to do at all? Is there main missions then side missions or no?

15. sparekarma

sparekarma Active Member

For the most part the missions tell you where to go (or general area), most missions are side and factional with an overriding loose story arc (played on iOS only myself, but lots of info on the Steam version as well as a decent start guide)

16. Tikanderoga

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    What's with all the volcanoes?
    I got volcanoes sprouting all over the place, harbours are becoming unusable and the harbour turret is always hostile, even though I am neutral or friendly with the faction.

17. HeroCraftGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 2, 2012
    Hi, guys! Steam version of Tempest gets the first paid DLC "Treasure Land".

Treasure Lands DLC includes:
    - New ship to sail - a galleon;
    - Quests and missions on the land;
    - New advewntures;
    - Valuable rewards.

Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/418180/

18. fpw250

fpw250 Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Has anyone here play The Pirate: Caribbean Hunt if so how similar is that compared to this.?
    I love that game and I'm wondering if this is worth getting as that game is free to play but i have spent over $20 on that so far.

19. 0026879

0026879 Cancelled

Mar 26, 2016
    Yeah it’s definitely worth it ! :)

20. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    Hey everyone, any good thoughts on the latest update(s)?