Universal Tempest: Pirate Action RPG (by HeroCraft Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HeroCraftGames, Apr 18, 2017.

1. oftheheavens

oftheheavens Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    I had that problem, I tried 3 times and it finally took and good god this game is cool. I wish there was a little more beef in the tutorial but as other have stated there is one on steam. This game sucked my life away most of yesterday.

2. oftheheavens

Aug 2, 2009
    what is the best way to get money? I found that you can invest with one of the factions but 2% a week is not enough to get rich and it seems that trading port to port isn't worth it as they seem to all buy and sell at the same prices. Any suggestions?

3. 0026879

0026879 Cancelled

Mar 26, 2016
    Do sea warrior quest and sell items only in towns which are buying and selling items for +15%

4. oftheheavens

Aug 2, 2009
    Thanks. Also is there no cloud save? I wanted to switch to my iPad but can't seem to sync my games

5. oftheheavens

Aug 2, 2009
    Also, after reading your comment just discovered there is absolutely no price difference between red and green ports. No matter which one I buy wine or tobacco from I lose money when I sell to the other.

6. oftheheavens

Aug 2, 2009
    Man this game is really fun if only they would fix the trading and add more quests lines.

7. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    There are the main quest arcs and factions with recurring quests (couple of other factions in the maps to the north and east).

That's quite a lot of quests... ?

A couple of things for early game:

Manually scoop up loot drops for 100% loot. The auto-loot only scoops up 70%.

As much as having a flaming wake is awesome, don't waste money on cosmetic upgrades early game: it really really slows things down.

Get and use the spyglass/telescope: focus on a ship until all the feedback is populated and a little crosshair will come up by the target's healthbars, which seems to give a damage bonus?

8. oftheheavens

Aug 2, 2009
    yes, the spyglass gives a 15% bonus to damage. My main and really only complaint at this point is the fact that even the red and green ports sell/buy at the exact same price completely eliminating the trading aspect of the game AND no cloud saves. I would love to play on my iPad and on the my phone when on the go.

9. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    I feel the same. I'm not having much fun trading. I've also been using "auto" for fights because some are just long and dragged out. Afterwards, I find I'm not gaining for the factions I thought I was helping. Apparently I have to change my flag every time. I thought the ORDER of the flags on the bottom meant something. Not so much. Very small map.

That other game that people pointed out is huge. Like super big. Granted no Krakens or giant wurms to destroy me, but still.

I guess being a trader in a pirate game isn't supposed to pay off.

10. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    What other game.... pirates: Caribbean?

11. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I'm not sure this is entirely accurate. 71% is an average score. It "passes" but it is by no means "above average".

Most indie games that make it to steam routinely score in the high-low 70s-80s. And most of note, are in the 90s.

Also, perhaps it's an undesirable trend. But I think the "Buy" option is greyed out in most peoples' minds if a game is below 75%. Unless you're a big fan of a franchise.

I've nothing against this game, just don't quite agree with that statement.

12. oftheheavens

Aug 2, 2009
    please fix the trading system so I can continue playing....I thought there was supposed to be an update today?

13. oftheheavens

Aug 2, 2009
    please fix this game, it is all i can think about (as far as gaming goes). I just beat zelda botw and have nothing else to play but heroes of the storm. Please fix the trading and such so that we can play this on the go and actually get something out of it!

14. crazychimp

crazychimp Active Member

Dec 16, 2009
    How does this compare to The Pirate: Caribbean Hunt?

15. oftheheavens

Aug 2, 2009
    See my above comments and the previous 10 pages of people talking about that exact subject you are asking.

This game would be one of my most go to games if the trading actually worked.

16. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    after years still can't understand how TA works about reviews!

ie in this case, why Tempest got a review after just a couple of weeks and The Pirate has never been mentioned in a year???
    both games play in the same league, so how it works???

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    New games come out, writers play them and write about the ones they like. That's literally all there is to it.

Roughly 100 new games come out every day, our writing staff is ~5 people, so obviously not every game is going to get a review.

In the case of Tempest, the developers were looking for beta testers in the upcoming games forum, which put the game on our radar. They also sent us emails ahead of the launch and a pre-release code for the game which helped with the timeliness of the review.

In contrast, The Pirate: Caribbean Hunt never emailed us even once about their game, and we only became aware of it after it was released, which did cause it to make the weekly release list when it came out. By that time though, it's competing with a few dozen other new games for our writers' limited time and attention, so it's more of an uphill battle.

Hope that answers your question.

18. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

got it! thanks a lot for the explanation Boardumb :)

19. BaronMunchausen

BaronMunchausen Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2017
    This game has been taking over my life on my quest to customize my ship to my exact liking. I can't get enough. If you're on the fence about this game, don't be; get it! DEVS: Please add iCloud save (I've invested a ton of time in your fantastic game and if I have to switch phones, it'd kill me to start all over again). Also, I'd love to be able to see other players online. As it is now (online), it just seems like you're playing the single player campaign; I can't tell bot from human...

20. 0026879

0026879 Cancelled

Mar 26, 2016
    Well asking one more time.
    FOR DEVS: please reply ...is there a chance to get my save back? It got deleted after installing the new version :/ ...