Universal Tempest: Pirate Action RPG (by HeroCraft Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HeroCraftGames, Apr 18, 2017.

1. odi0n

odi0n Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Hmm,

I haven't experienced this yet. Hope Dev responds to this. Unless they have, I haven't checked the other pages.

How do we save. Save button? Can't seem to find it.

2. Spore Productions

Spore Productions Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2013
    Game Developer
    Toronto
    This is not the Tempest I was looking for. ;)

3. oftheheavens

oftheheavens Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    I couldn't find it either. I wanted to save right before the time I am asked to pay so that I can try multiple times to see if I get lucky. But, can't find a save button.

4. fliindnyce

fliindnyce Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I need gold!!! lol I'm loving this I'm glad i spent the 8 bucks... but seriously I need more gold... Sea Warriors.... ;-)

5. HeroCraftGames

HeroCraftGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 2, 2012
    We will fix this bug in the next update on Monday. Thank you.

6. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Cool, I wouldn't mind a key. I helped beta test this. It's a great game, very involving. The combat reminds me a little of how it worked in a old pc game called B17 Flying Fortress.
    Didn't come across the wage bug in beta though :(

This, sid miers pirates and The Pirate Caribbean Hunt are the best pirate games. Hard to choose my favourite out of them

7. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    Dude. Epic. Thanks.

8. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Question: Is this game supporting cloud saves? It appears that answer is no.

On my iPad, I had the "reset" when you pay the crew bug. On my phone, I clicked PAY, and they left anyways (I think I just went shopping and bought a new cannon). Is there any in game way of determining when "pay day" should be?

Also, the buttons on the left side on the iPhone are really in a bad spot. When you use the (turn left) the game doesn't respond. When you're "cornering" to "cross the T" it becomes really apparent. I was hoping the ship wheel would solve that but it doesn't help much.

9. oftheheavens

oftheheavens Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Anyone know where to input a key or code or whatever for this game? I don't see a redeem button or anything in game and there isn't an icon in the settings menu for this game.

10. 0026879

0026879 Cancelled

Mar 26, 2016
    There is reedem button right in the appstore. Sadly for me, I got the code but it says it can't connect to iTunes after trying to get the game via the code :/

11. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    #71 BC1377, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2021
    Me too, but already fix the problem :) just delete the testflight build, you should able to redeem the code then xD have fun !!!

12. 0026879

0026879 Cancelled

Mar 26, 2016
    #72 0026879, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Did it and it works! But ...I lost my whole game progress...well end game state, over 500k coins lost ...All the sleepless nights are just...Literally I just wanna cry ... :(

DEVS: IS THERE ANY WAY TO RECORVER MY SAVE? :/

13. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    #73 luckycharmz75, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2021
    I wasn't a beta tester, so I don't have this issue. But wow. I feel for ya. Hope there is a way to get your saved file back. Maybe wipe the phone and download your iCloud backup?

14. 0026879

0026879 Cancelled

Mar 26, 2016
    Well I am not sure if the game uses iCloud save, well it shows "Welcome (apple id name)" but not sure about iCloud. While the beta testing Tempest deleted by itself so I redownloaded it and my save was still there so I hoped it will be still there after I delete it to download the official release version. Well, I did like all the main quests, I had completed all legends,...I really don't wanna start from the beginning ._. I really hope there is a way to get it back ...

15. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Been playing Caribbean Hunt for a long while now and i love it, and i'll be buy this game as well there's not enough good pirate games out.

16. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Has anyone come across a way to NOT start over with the crew-pay bug? Yea yea, patch will be out next week but I'd like to play on my weekend. Last game, I finally got off to an epic start... and then that bug destroyed all my hopes and aspirations.

17. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    Good game but it needs to have never Ipads, starting with Mini Retina 4,
    Minus for that..
    and a little irritating Tutorial in the starting the game.
    Plus is solid app size
    Mouch similar like Assasin Creed Pirate

18. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Device requirement should not be factored in any review imo
    It's like saying i deduct zelda BOTW to 2 stars because i cannot play it on my ps3/4
    Right? :)

So basically you deduct 3 stars because of irritating tutorial...
    Oh well everyone is entitled to their own opinion i guess

19. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    I think I realised another reason I'm enjoying this game so much: it's _really_ scratching my GOF2 itch (trading, fluid combat, RPG upgrades, sandbox open world) and, being premium, without all the freemium and IAP shenangins of GOF3.

To date, I have NOT encountered the payday bug which will be patched on Monday: iPhone 6+ with up to date iOS... that said, the top left 'back' button seems to disappear in the GUI occasionally which requires a game reload to exit menu...

20. HeroCraftGames

HeroCraftGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 2, 2012
    #80 HeroCraftGames, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    The patch is already out, good hunting. =)