iPad Tell me why CatchaMouse is better than Bigfoot

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PlayScreen, May 2, 2009.

1. PlayScreen

PlayScreen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    The games are very VERY similar. I'd love to know why you think Catchamouse did so much better than "Bag Bigfoot." I have my own opinions.

Thanks.

2. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Why is Blocked better than all the other traffic games? Luck plays into it.
    IMO, CatchaMouse has more polished graphics "cuter" and a free version.

3. ksl2006

ksl2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Gamer
    Planet Earth
    1. There was Catcha Mouse, the paid version is Catcha Mouse 2, and the regular free version already did very well.
    2. It was featured on iTunes
    3. Maybe people just like playing as a mouse and like the graphics a little better than playing as a Bigfoot monster person

4. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    I think most developers don't know the power of the "Cuteness Factor" sells big

5. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Because mice exist :p

6. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
  7. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  8. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
  9. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    The Bigfoot guy looks really ugly. This version is 0.99 while the other version is free with a number 2. The free version isn't even really a lite version, it's a full game with a lot of levels. Catcha A Mouse 2 is kind of like an expansion pack. Your game looks good though except for Bigfoot artwork wise.

10. DOOMBOT

DOOMBOT Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I think the problem is you charge 99 cents for a game that you can play online for free, not similar it's the exact thing except with a cat. Catchamouse was popular because it was free as well. Why should I pay 99 cents for a game that I can get for free on two systems (computer, iPhone/iPod)?

EDIT - Just to clarify, I have both. I bought Bag Bigfoot before I knew about Catchamouse. I downloaded Catchamouse because it was free, I played it and I enjoyed it more than Bigfoot.

11. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I agree. Cute games appeal to everyone (okay, almost everyone) while with gory/violent games, you are missing out on a lot of the market.

12. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    It went free for a while, gathered a following, now it kept the fans. If Bigfoot went free it'd gain a lot more fans :D

13. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Uh, no. You either have to be one or the other. iDracula and that one zombie game (I forget) sold well due to it's gore factor. Games in the middle are ones that are tough to sell.

14. DOOMBOT

DOOMBOT Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Instead of Bigfoot, make it a girl in a bikini. Every time she walks she farts and you have to block her in with swirly poops. Instant gold, multi-millionaire. Oh and when she escapes, she giggles, when you catch her she moans suggestively.

15. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    These are all really good replies. I agree on the artwork. Bigfoot didn't end up as cute as I would like.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

16. Like I said before just make Bagfoot able to retry a level as many times as possible to advance.

17. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    ... and easier levels to start with.

But the theme is wrong for the market.

18. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I don't know. The Bigfoot looks kind of like the Yettis in Brain Thaw, and I think that game did fairly well. Although, Brain Thaw does have a cute penguin to accompany the yettis so I guess this lends credence to the "cuteness factor" theory...

19. Xyzl

Xyzl Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    LOL, I'd pay to see that :D