Universal Telepaint (By Acid Nerve)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 10, 2016.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    OK. I am almost there, will play world 4 tomorrow.

2. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    The two best games this year for me are Love You To Bits and this game, nothing else comes close so far, the year is still young, so wonder what the next best thing is.

3. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just played level 2 of world 4 and I think it's interesting, so no worries here that this world will not be great.

4. Yeah, my main complaint was the ordering. I think world 5 should have been before world 4. World 4 requires a lot more precision.

5. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #25 saosijs, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    I'm close to the end of the second world. Good puzzles so far, not too easy, not too difficult. For half of the "channels" (levels) at the end of W2 I'm not sure if I solve them in the official way (
    putting the boxes on top of the guy
    ), but I do get through them :D

A second game mode with a metric, that unlocks if you finish a world could be interesting. The metric could be steps, portals used and it could give a leaderboard of course. At the moment my GC is 100% down (the white screen of death is permanent now for me; I'm not alone, see thread Game Center stopped working)

Of the "Nitrome" visuals I'm not much a fan, but that is personal. The blurriness and the CRT distortion effects are over the top and I feel that they stand in the way a bit of the game play. What I do find curious is the paint; it has nothing to do with the game play. Also the portal dots have colors that have no function. The color of the keys then is important but these colors are too close to each other (all are a bit "earthy").

6. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I am really enjoying this charmingly entertaining gem with its approachable graphics and challenging yet entertaining platform puzzles. The creative presentation layer and the progress-dependent game mechanic requires a good amount of well-timed precision; reflective backward review of steps that didn't lead to a solution and a some measure of forward-thinking several steps ahead. This game is definitely my personal Game of the Week.

7. Swiss Guy

Swiss Guy Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    Yup, charming and original art direction, not too hard but not too easy with creative mechanism (I am at Ch4).

And can we have Titan Souls for iOS pleeeeease ? :D

8. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah the graphics are not great and the Game-Icon is also very bland, but I really like the gameplay.

9. I actually like the graphics, and I'm usually not a fan of pixel art.

Finished the game today. 100% :) Also finished my review if anyone's on the fence about it. Very few complaints, especially after learning about the pause screen.

http://www.appunwrapper.com/2016/03/13/telepaint-review/

10. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #30 ROGER-NL, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Having trouble with level 4-9 not seeing what I need to do.

Got it, it had a different solution than I first thought Ha ha, but great as always.

11. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    What a nice surprise at the end of world 5, not telling anything Ha ha.

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Finally decided to download this after seeing AppUnwrapper's Tweets and the positive feedback here. I'm on world 2, which is farther than I expected to get. Mind-bending puzzles are not my favorite genre, but I can say I'm really enjoying this. I suppose the big catch with these types of games is that feeling you get when you finally solve a room. Highly recommended!

13. Glad you're enjoying it! :) Not sure why it's not getting more love/attention.

14. Anotherkellydown

It was getting hectic when I left off. Had to do a lot of quick successive teleporting of keys. Had to put it down for the night :)

As far as attention, I agree, seems like the type of game a lot of folks would be playing.

15. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I'm getting there! Just a few levels more ...

By the way, what an ugly, visually murky channel, the last channel. The others at least had a little bit brighter colors. The puzzles are great, but those visuals! All of them have this headache causing, defocused 8-bit design.

Attached Files:

16. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Others had discovered and posted this earlier in this thread (good tip AppUnWrapper, I think it was you), but you can pause the game and then are still able to select the two teleports and unpause. Makes a big difference. During the pause the screen can become horribly distorted and don't confuse the occasional paint droplet for a teleport (did I mention my opinion about the visuals already? :D), but it works like a charm!

17. Anotherkellydown

Awesome, thanks for the pointer!

18. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    AV1, that is funny, yes :D
    (I don't think I spoiled anything)

19. Uridium

Uridium New Member

Mar 17, 2016
    This game is great

This game is so great I went googling to try to find the forum where everyone is talking about how great it is. Did I find it? Boy, this game is great.

Learning curve is perfect, puzzles are satisfying. I absolutely love the graphics too, it must be my age but they totally work for me. I demand little paint can merchandise!

20. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    And there is AV2 too!

I can only say, thank you Acid Nerve for the great puzzles! Looking forward to your next work!

Attached Files: