Universal Teeny Titans (by Grumpyface Studios & Cartoon Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 23, 2016.

1. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

So, here's a fun one...

We discovered the math on the Grumpy Chip somehow became bugged in 1.1, essentially making it modify your fig's power by +300% instead of +50%...

So yeaaah, if you're currently taking advantage of that, expect it to be put back to a non-insane state this week :)

2. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Yeah, I wound up mainly spamming the beast-form barrel throw and whale AOEs to victory. It helped that the AI made a few situational blunders here and there.

Thanks for the reply!

3. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York

NOW you tell me! Maybe I should play around with it before it's gone.

Just finished the main story last night. Great game! Still one mission on the list and to finish off endless.

All gold Killer Croc as an opener with a disco chip, and all gold Blue Beetle with Cyborg's waffle chip are a badass combo. Max Luck Harley is a good addition as well. Leveling up Alfred, should be fun :).

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My current favorite is a max Luck Black Manta with that modchip that stuns on a crit. His first skill is (like all skills) spammable, but it has double luck count on it for serious stun chains.

5. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    My favorite low level was See-More. That little guy is reliable as hell in lower levels with fast cast chip. Benching him made me sad.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Is it possible that on the update, you will automatically remove the chip and have us keep it? Or maybe another way to get another Grumpy chip?

7. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    Finally got to the last tournament, only to be thoroughly wrecked by the very first opponent. Something tells me I'm going to need a battalion of Five-Star, all shiny'd-out juggernauts to beat the game. I'm currently running two Rose Wilsons with high Dodge/Luck builds and Ninja Skills mods to be able to just stack a ton of poison, and the third slot is flexible. But I don't think just a lot of DoT is going to cut it for this last ladder, unfortunately. And most of my other high-level figs are 2-3 stars.

8. GrumpyfaceChris

I'm afraid that's a bit more complex of a change for the timeframe we have for getting this update out, but removing chips is something we can consider for the future. But anyhoo, This fix isn't technically something I'd categorize under "nerf" since the bug was making it stronger than the description of the chip advertised, and we'll now just be bringing it back to intended working state / making it accurate to the description again

9. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Where can you see the star level? I've only ever seen it on the box in the stores.. can you check the star rating of a fig in your collection?

10. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    I have a team of all 20s. But I save the best for last. I started with See-More, Evil Starfire and Robotic Brother Blood. They got pretty battered but a ladder tofu recovered them slightly.

The rest I did with Killer Croc(with disco chip), Blue Beetle (waffle chip) and Harley (lucky duck 2.0). Blue Beetle keeps them vulnerable with his first power and their damage low with his second and croc keeps their bar low with his first. Harley is a finisher.

11. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    Sounds like some solid synergy! I think my biggest weakness right now is that the scope of my high-level figs is too narrow; I need to beef up some of the better support characters I have, to be able to equalize in a pinch when necessary. Just beating things until they die is no longer an option hahaha.

12. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    You're spot on. With the number of figures, more sorting options and the ability to lock characters so I can actually use the favorite button for what it was intended for would be a godsend. :)

13. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Another DC game: Injustice, has a good system by outlining each character with Bronze, Silver or Gold and duplicates automatically go in a separate tab. You can sort them different ways too.

14. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Hot Dog Hell

Hey Grumpyface Chris,

Is it possible to break the Hot Diggity Dog Pt 2. Quest? I've been stuck at 9/10 hot dogs since the 1.0 and I've run through App Unwrapper's guide multiple times. It's driving me mad. :confused:

15. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Hot Dog Hell Indeed

I too am stuck on 9/10 hot dogs...I've already beaten the game and still haven't found the 10th one! The mission is either bugged or the food item was eaten by a bug (no offence, BB).

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    At mid game with about 45 figures my favorite ones are some of the easiest ones to get. Wonder Girl Raven and Flash Girl (I'm sure I butchered their names). They're so reliable and can deal quick damage. When they're enhanced you can keep attacking and drop the enemy damage quickly.

Even with dozens of other new 5 star units these ones are still my favorite and most reliable. Surprisingly they were the easiest to get. One is in the store as the first 5 star fig and the other can be gotten repeatedly at the flash sale :)

17. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    Yeah, Starflash is beastly, between quick damage output and Ability 2 being the bar-boosting disco move. Wonder Raven I haven't dug into yet, but she's next on my five-star list to level after Alfred and Multiverse Jinx.

18. GrumpyfaceChris

We just started to take a look at this after seeing your note, and we believe there's a fluke that does make it possible. Thank you for catching and posting!

We are hoping to have a bugfix patch out in the next few days, and are working on fixing this up as part of that

19. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    I've noticed it too #

20. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    I was stuck at 9/10 hotdogs too and started wondering if it were glitched. But there's a photo guide online that shows all ten, and sure enough the tenth was the one I missed (it was on a beach chair).