Universal Teeny Titans (by Grumpyface Studios & Cartoon Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Niblaz

Niblaz New Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Not out in Egypt as well but looking forward #

2. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Still not available in Vietnam :(

3. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    I can't fault this. It's *such* fun.

The presentation is simply stunning, the audio is fantastic and the battling & collecting are compulsive to say the least.

Grumpyfave have knocked it out of the park with this. Could be one of my fave iOS games of all time at this rate.

Can't stop playing!

4. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #24 Son of Anarchy, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    Serious question, is this only for teens and younger? Is there enough actual gameplay to hold the attention of an 30yo diehard gamer or will I just think it's a kids game?

I play all kinds of games as long as they're fun and contain a bit of challenge. Just a bit worried my children will like it more than me. Please someone tell me I'm wrong# cause it looks pretty cool.

Edit: Thanks to ZS77's reply I picked this up. All my concerns washed away because this is highly polished, very in depth and just purely fun to play. I really shouldn't have doubted Grumpyface.

5. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I think if you can find the Power puff girls game release several months ago are cool, you will OK with this one :D

6. Bliquid

Bliquid Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    I'm ready to hit the buy button as soon as someone explains to me what exactly does mean " this app may contain ads from us and partners" in the app description, because no.
    I think this game must be awesome and i want it.
    But i won't buy a premium game with ads in it, present or future.

7. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    This game is amazing. GOTY contender for me already.

Are there plans for more figures to be added?

How about a link/cloud save feature so that we can play this on multiple devices?

8. JakConstantine

JakConstantine Active Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Male
    #28 JakConstantine, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Good time release this now if this is like Pokemon. Specially since Pokemon Go is coming out soon. Saying that this game is worth a try for most people.

9. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    why? may i ask?

10. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    I'm guessing out of principle - some of us still believe that a premium game should be precisely that and not supported/infringed upon by annoying ads. And everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I don't think for a second that we have that issue here though - possibly the odd ad at a later date to promote their own new game releases - but I really don't see them implementing intrusive and over the top adverts thrown at you every 2 minutes. I'm of the camp that premium should be premium with expansions and ad-ons being the only IAP - that said, I don't mind the odd advert if it's just part of a splash screen when you first open the app etc.

Going by all their previous Grumpyface/CN apps, I really don't think there's anything to worry about here. Can't wait until I get home from work and download it!

11. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    #31 ZS77, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    To be fair, I've yet to download it but - I'm 38 with 2 kids (one of which introduced me to the Teen Titans cartoon on CN a few years ago - love it, very funny and not just for kids!) and I'm champing at the bit to download this.

The video in the TA article from a couple of weeks ago is amazing and showed off how the game plays, the customisation and the depth of world/environment around it. They've taken a tried and tested formula, put their own tactical/action spin on it and packaged it in a beautifully realised game world where even buying new characters makes you feel like a kid in a toy shop......literally! Take your 'dad' hat off for a minute and embrace the 'inner child' (probably not the best phrase to use on an Internet forum!).....but you catch my drift?! #

Edit: Must admit, Grumpyface and CN aren't doing yourselves any favours by marketing it to 7-11 year olds on the App Store. There's plenty of grown adults that would get a kick out of this. One to put forward to your marketing team perhaps?

12. Malaussene

Malaussene Member

Sep 27, 2014
    For what I'm seeing you don't have to worry at all. The game looks and plays AMAZING..this is one of those games which all developers should learn from.

13. beasstt

beasstt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I agree with this. And to that point, most people who grew up with Pokemon are now in their late 20's/early 30's. I am 31 and played the crap out of pokemon Red/Blue, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire when they first came out. Haven't gone back to Pokemon recently because it's all getting a little convoluted, but those games were my jam back in the day. I think this game will ring true with adults just as much if not more than with the kiddos. Thanks GrumpyFace for making fun games!

14. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    From the upcoming thread:

Hello, fellow AZ-er! We actually moved to a new location in Phoenix, however we don't take walk-ins. If you're in the industry and want to arrange a meetup though, you can hit us up on [email protected]

P.S. it's so very hot right now

No worries! I just wanted to say HI!!! Off to mash the buy button and try to stay cool.

15. epickev

epickev Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 24, 2015
    Account Manager
    New Zealand
    Great game, hard to put down.
    Had a laugh when I read "Made For Ages 9–11"
    I'm 32 but 11 at heart.
    :)

16. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    another great work from the dev. definitely my favourite since steven universe. the battle is so tactical so you can expect to win over a higher level enemies with a proper strategy.

17. chrisb3

chrisb3 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    From what I can see so far, there's an "other games" section where they stump for other Grumpyface CN games.

Buy away!

18. It already has iCloud saves. Just make sure to close the game on one device before opening it on the other.

19. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I was thinking the same thing. The marketed age makes me feel like I shouldn't waste my time. For example, I played calling all mixels, and that game was actually better suited for 7-11 yr olds. The Steven Universe game had the same age range and that game was a GEM! So I think they need to test it out first with different ages before only selling it to a certain demographic.

20. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    That's more related to Cartoon Network and their target demographics for TV shows. My wife makes fun of me all the time because Netflix knows my favorite category is animated shows for 8-12 year old boys (DC shows, Marvel shows, Transformers shows, Star Wars shows, the sweet new Voltron show - looking for something hilarious? Watch the Adventures of Puss in Boots). Anyway, you have to ignore the recommended ages on games coming from companies like CN and Disney - if there is a good developer behind the game, it will be a good game.