TD Games with Heroes (like KR, OttTD

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ramzarules, Dec 1, 2014.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Preferably with more than 1 hero controlable, like OttTD.

Crystal Siege is good too but it only has 1 hero like KR.
    I also saw Defender Chronicles II and didn't llike the vertical style.

Any others i should try? TD with 1 or more heroes controllable.

2. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Quick bump, nothing? No suggestions beyond those 3 games? with 250 views and no replies yet...

3. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Don't really think there are any. Honestly just play all 3 KR games and call it good.

4. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    allright, thanks for the reply.

5. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Sentinel 3 & 4 both have a hero-like commander character which you level up and move from gate to gate for defense. And Pirate Legends TD has heroes, though they don't block, they're all flying heroes. Also worth mentioning is Tower Dwellers, though there's no hero, the entire game is made up of barracks towers, so you're doing plenty of positioning and repositioning. And last but not least, another game with no heroes but plenty of RTS qualities, is Man at Arms TD. It'll scratch that Kingdom Rush itch, though without a hero.

In the end though, the best hero TD games I've played have been the 3 Kingdom Rush games, Crystal Siege, and OTTTD. Though in my opinion all the games I've mentioned have better core TD mechanics then OTTD. But are nowhere near the Kingdom Rush games.

6. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    We are completely agreed on this Jake. Sentinel 4 was my option after crystal siege, but Pirate Legends td looks interesting! i like the fantasy/ pirate theme with heroes, but the free with iaps model makes me wary. Have you played it, and how "free" is it?

7. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    I have beat Pirate Legends TD multiple times without any IAP. It plays like Kingdom Rush over water. But I did buy it back when it was a premium game, and the difficulty has been nudged slightly to encourage the purchase of a premium hero. It's still a very beatable game, but the for free you only get one hero (the weakest). Though I found the cheapest hero ($1) to be a big upgrade from the included hero. So if you don't mind spending the buck, it's definitely worth playing. I've beaten it with the base hero as well, though it might require some power-ups, which are done almost identically to Kingdom Rush. With Toes being rewarded instead of Gems. But there are no freemium timers, multiple currencies, or paywalls to worry about.

8. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I must admit I really do hate TD games, but what you're describing sounds an awful lot like Bug Heroes 2, which I most definitely do not hate.

9. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i wouldn't mind spending a buck for a hero, but so far this one (the free) all i can do with him is point a direction on the map and he flies over, leaves the screen, comes back in some seconds. I didn't like this at all. Is this how the others handle?

Bug Heroes 2 is more like Heroes and Castles, right? That game was great too (waiting for H&C2).

10. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Bug Heroes 2 is great. Definitely worth a purchase

11. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    #11 Jake7905, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    Yup, it's a hero in the most basic sense, but it's a free game, so it was worth a shot. I personally thought Bug Heroes 2 was way overrated, but then again I know most others don't. It's definitely not a TD, it's much more action then strategy, which is why I got bored so quickly. And it's definitely not on the same level of quality as the Kingdom Rush games. Heroes and Castles is a much better game to me, but you've already played it.....

12. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Yeap! But thanks for the replies! They were a lot more than i expected :) Let's hope that amidst all this tide of new autobattlers, (seriously, they say they are strategy games when everything just fights on its own...) there will come some KR like games.

13. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Pirate Legends is a lot like Kingdom Rush, but has so many different types of towers. Of course, I love Kingdom Rush... but I think I enjoyed Pirate Legends just as much. It's a fantastic game!

14. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Never heard of this game. Put it on my watch list for future purchase

15. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #16 ramzarules, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    :O what is this? a hero TD noone has heard of? Anybody has impressions about how the game plays, especially compared to KR, and if the heroes are free/ iap?

Edit: here it is.
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=247346&highlight=Incursion+Thing

Personally, from Sanuku's video i found it unpolished, and with only 2 free heroes. But with only 99 cents, i guess it can be a last resort. Thanks UnhappyUnlucky for bringing it up!

16. superhippo

superhippo Well-Known Member

Hey there, I can assure you that Pirate Legends can be finished without spending a dime ;)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=200468&highlight=pirate+legends

17. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Thank you for the reply! However, i didn't like how the hero was "controlled" in Pirate Legends, and i uninstalled it :)

18. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    bug heroes, now on my ipad, curse these forums for showing me new games to download.......!!!!!