TAVERN GUARDIANS - Hack & Slash Meets Puzzle (Free Demo)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JIN913, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Invitation sent! Hope you like it!:D

2. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Thank you for the detailed feedback!

About the item descriptions problem,
    I'm so sorry the English localization of this DEMO is written by me and my English is pretty poor...:(
    But don't worry, we just found a pro translator to reword the English version. So I think the English localization will be OK when the game is released.

About the long tap description function, we have added it in our game recently.

About the advice of animation, I will take a discussion with our animator and then decide how to do it.

Thank you again for your interest and feedback, they are very helpful!!!:D

3. Chickenskins

Chickenskins Member

Dec 20, 2016
    Having a blast with this game. Finished the demo a couple of times now. Looking forward to the new heroes.

I think there needs te be some more explaining about usage of items when beginning. I bought a quite expansive one after the battle and it automatically used it while that made absolutely no sense. Can't you just take them in your backpack and use them whenever you see fit? Or share along your other heroes?

Keep up the good work!

4. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Thank you for beat and feedback!!

I think the item you mentioned about is the Goddess Mead, which recovers all the armor and HP when purchased. Sorry about that, to tell the truth, we found this item not so useful and a bit confusing and decided to remove it couples of weeks ago. But for some reason, it still stays in the item list in the DEMO. It will be removed from the item list in the final release.

About sharing the items. This is a rogue-like game, so you lose all your items when game is over.

Thanks again, and if you have more advice, let us know please.:D

5. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Merry Christmas!

Hey guys, Merry Christmas!:D

[​IMG]

6. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    And to you too!

7. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
  8. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Of cause not too late.
    Our DEMO is available until release.

Invitation sent. Hope you like it and wait your feedback! Merry Christmas!

9. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    :D:cool::)

10. dmathewsfl

dmathewsfl Member

Jan 31, 2014
  11. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Merry Christmas!

Thanks for your interest.
    Invitation sent! Hope you like it!

12. dmathewsfl

dmathewsfl Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Just finished the demo on both characters and I really enjoyed it! I had a slight issue at the shop between level one and two where I couldn't exit but if I closed the app out and reloaded it, it would bring me back to the shop and everything worked just fine.

I can't wait for the full version, this game is right up my alley, thanks for the demo :)

13. This looks like a game I would love, reminds me of my days of playing Dungeon Raid.:D
    Can I try it? I will do my best to share my thoughts with you if you need it.^^

Merry holiday!

14. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Thank you very much for your compliment and feedback!:D

About the issue, can I ask you a question?
    Did you buy the [Courage Brandy] which is a lion head shape bottle in the shop?
    Maybe that's why.

15. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    :D I'm the fan of Dungeon Raid too!
    And we tried to add some new elements in former Puzzle RPG. An idea hit us which is adding action and rogue-like elements in Puzzle RPG, then we started to make this game.

If you want to try it, send us your email address, and we will send you the invitation of Test Flight.
    Thanks!:D

16. dmathewsfl

dmathewsfl Member

Jan 31, 2014
    That is exactly what happened

17. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    This bug has been fixed recently.:)
    Thank you again for your testplay and feedback!!!:D

18. Thanks for the invitation!

Played both characters last night, really enjoyed it. The BIGGEST flaw is... need more! Can't wait!
    Just kidding :D.

Definitely a successful new evolution of puzzle rpg, the basic mechanic is very natural.
    As for the two usable classes, I think the paladin is more powerful, but the shooter is more challenging and fun.
    Maybe the shooter will be as powerful after practice, but there are only 2 stages, so... need more! :mad:

A long press on skill button in game to see skill description is the most required, many have said that though.

There are ranged/melee/special ability monsters, which brings lots of depth and fun. But for a beginner without many puzzle rpg experience, the pattern of mobs might be the most confusing part, the countdown number is not very helping actually. I think maybe a long press on the enemy for description, or more indicative performance for the special attack? It's only a suggestion but I know the solution won't be as easy as I said. You guys already did a really good job, this is just polishing works which needs time.

And because your basic mechanic is very mature, I think there is room to dig a little deeper on better feedback on player actions. Such as high hits combo bonus or other classic feedback mechanics that regular match-3 games have been using. Or maybe simply throw some louder sound effects or screen shaking/flashing effect to make the event feel better and more important, if there are balancing concerns.

That's all of my thoughts for now, hope it helps!

19. Siegestor

Siegestor Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Looks nice

WOW! Looks very nice! Iam very interested to try your game and give feedback!

Sieg

20. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Hello Sieg!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Please tell us your email address, then we can send you the Test Flight Invitation!:D