Universal Tavern Guardians (by WOMBO TEST)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Feb 23, 2017.

1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #161 sobriquet, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    That makes sense, thanks.

No problem! Yes it is.

2. Fruityth1ng

Fruityth1ng Active Member

Jan 18, 2013
    @Jin913 Why did you guys opt for the swapping mechanic?
    Dungeon Raid had the line drawing mechanic down *so* well - and it really mixed into the ranged weapons etc.
    :(

3. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Tavern Guardians or Mulmashtabbagalgal?

4. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Haha! Well played.

5. snarvid

snarvid Well-Known Member

May 20, 2013
    I've played it a bit now, and I like it, but I'm not sure about the character balance. In my first time playing the Mage, I suicided at Tavern level 64 because I was bored and wanted to try another character, but I think I could probably have gone on indefinitely. The ice barrier is very, very strong.

6. 64?! How many hours did that take?

7. Btw, the item that splits the board and swaps the two halves is the Taiji Orb -- looks like a yin yang. (Forgot who asked about it.)

8. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    App, get or don't get? I respect your opinion and I agree with you on meaningful choices in games,

9. I'm enjoying it, and have put in quite some time with it already. If you just want to see how far you can get, it's fine. But as a high-score chaser it does have some balancing issues that will likely keep me from playing it long-term. (And although I'm still testing out the other classes, I do agree the mage is probably overpowered compared to the rest.)

10. snarvid

May 20, 2013
    Most of today, on and off. I've got a nasty cold and didn't get up to much. On the other hand, that's probably another mark against the Mage, if I can do that well in this state.

11. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    #171 ashmike3, Feb 27, 2017
    Hmmmm. I think I'll get then. For 2.99 I don't need too much length. Thank you.

No stranger is that good huh?

12. Ahh that sucks -- feel better!

What kind of score did you get? I've been wondering what tavern level you need to get to for the 10,000 or so near the top of the leaderboards.

13. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    About the Balance issue

I read all your conversation! First, thank you for playing our game and feedbacks!
    About the balance issue,
    Some friends told me Mage is too strong too. I think we really made a mistake, so we will do some adjustment about it ASAP.

About the money sink issue from @AppUnwrapper,
    I agreed your opnion partially, so we will make some adjustments in the later patch. Since we have to consider about both hardcore players and average players, it'll be a hard problem to solve. Please give us more time.

14. snarvid

May 20, 2013
    #174 snarvid, Feb 27, 2017
    11,998 points. I'm number one on the leaderboards, which is something I never even thought about when I was like "bored now" and had to chew through the Scapegoat, Clock Thingy, and accidental four-matches replenishing my barrier in order to die.

My second best is Paladin, with 860, so you see my problem...

IMG_0594.PNG

15. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Every time I die, Game Center keeps popping up with the same character unlock achievements. Also the music skips a bit on one of the levels. I agree that the mage is overpowered.

16. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    About that bug, we have fixed it here and will release the patch soon!
    Sorry for that

17. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Thats great! How about the skipping music, or the mage balancing issue? This game is incredible btw.

18. Wow that's pretty crazy! I'm exhausted just thinking of 64 taverns lol.

19. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Our update plan

To all players, our update plan:
    Patch 1.0.1
    - Fix bug
    (Will release soon)

Patch 1.1
    - Fix some balancing issue
    - Mid-game saving function
    - Hints ON/OFF function
    - Fix some SE&BGM bug
    (will release in early March)

@Mrwubbs
    I cannot promise that we can fix the skipping music bug in Patch1.1, but we will do our best!

20. snarvid

May 20, 2013
    For Mage, I could see either of:

- Cap barrier number at 2
    - Don't have barrier freeze opponent, just have it block damage

With 4 barriers and the mage's excellent cooldown, I usually smashed the first large wave of enemies with spells, built barrier until the BBG showed up, and then ran the full combo on them, following up with the Sacrificial Cup and another full combo next round. They spent so much time stunned (from whatever drink sticks that on normal attacks), sheep, or frozen that most of my damage was from spells, whereas what little I've played with Paladin I'm doing most of my damage off matching.

Also, the thing that throws rocks instead of building armor is GREAT on a Mage, because who needs armor? I had 4 or 5 of the armor regen rings when I stopped, but the added rock damage was much more valuable.

Please reset leaderboard when you weaken Mage. I don't want to hold onto top spot because I pulled way ahead with OP Mage.