Universal Tavern Guardians (by WOMBO TEST)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Feb 23, 2017.

1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I keep getting the achievement notifications for unlocking the last three characters. Every time I finish a game I get three notifications from Game Center telling me each one has been unlocked. It's not game breaking but it sure is annoying.

2. cymsdale

cymsdale Member

Nov 2, 2013
    The mage seems way too easy. Quit the game in a middle of a run because I was getting exhausted (unfortunately you don't gain any gold if you quit... Blegh)

3. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Sorry for that bug, we have fixed it here and will update the patch soon!

4. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    About the gold issue we will fix it later. (Perhaps the patch of next week)

5. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Wow did not know that. Thanks mate!

6. legendofchin97

legendofchin97 Active Member

Sep 11, 2013
    This game is awesome. Thank you so much for creating it. Would love to be able to long press the abilities buttons at the bottom to see what they do (as well as similar function for the enemies... To see how much damage each has for attack points, etc). Even so, wonderful game! I tried to long press the icons at the bottom to see what they do but figured out those things are in the settings/pause menu. Woulf love that incorporated without having to leave the game.

7. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    What? If you are in the game and long press the abilities a bubble (brown scroll) pops up and tells you what they do. As for the enemies there is not such function but i guess it is part of the fun to figure out what they do. Still an on/off button would not harm the fun i guess.

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    The game apparently support iCloud sync (yeah) but it's not working for me.
    I've unlocked everything on iPhone but on iPad it's still all locked (iCloud is active in both).

Any idea?

9. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Just asking because I only use one device, but do you have it turned on in both devices. You have to turn it on manually.

10. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    It should work
    I will ask our programmer about it this Tuesday and then give you a answer!:)

11. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Great! Thanks for that. By the way if I haven't mentioned it, your game is amazing. You guys have done an amazing job with every detail. I will definitely be on the lookout for more stuff from you guys. Thank you. :D

12. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    I saw your all reply! Your compliment is very very inspiring to us!:D
    Thank you very much!

13. legendofchin97

Sep 11, 2013

Dang you're right - I'm dumb. I guess I only tried clicking the shield button or cannon button that are really just powerups not actual clickable buttons - my bad - thanks!

14. legendofchin97

Sep 11, 2013
    Like basically what does the ice shield do - or how can I find out what it does (or how to get more/what the max count is, etc) without guessing or leaving the game

Attached Files:

15. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    That information doesn't seem to be available in game but here's my early post about this.

16. #136 AppUnwrapper, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    Yeah that's a good point. I was also trying to hold down on those the way you can on the special abilities.

Back to my earlier concern... there doesn't seem to be any cap on the pieces of equipment you can carry? Glad there's no IAP, but it still feels imbalanced in that you can hoard tons of gold to save it up for a single run in which you just buy everything and go all out. Yes, there's still some randomization to account for, as you might not get amazing items. But I can't help but wonder if the high score chasing aspect would have felt more satisfying if you could only use coins you pick up on that run. I had this same issue with Dragon Tiles. The hero upgrades are finite, so they're just a quick grind (kind of unnecessary IMO but no big deal). But the way gold is utilized otherwise seems to be potentially game-breaking.

Or does buying things negatively affect your score? It's hard to tell since you don't see the score until you lose and there's no explanation for how it's calculated. I have no idea how my actions affect the score.

17. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Check this:

[​IMG]

18. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #138 sobriquet, Feb 26, 2017
    That's a good point about the scoring. I had not thought about it. As for the gold and power ups, I assume you would only be able to power your way though so many levels before the game becomes to difficult to rely on power ups to get you through. I don't know if there's an end to the game but if there isn't then the difficulty would just keep increasing wouldn't it? If this is potentially game breaking then a limit on how many power ups you can have at one time and allowing you to replace current ones with new ones should fix it.

19. #139 AppUnwrapper, Feb 26, 2017
    Will see. I need to continue my tavern 16 game. I went in with around 1300 coins and that helped me afford some things I might not have otherwise. Imagine if you save up 5000 or 10000. The items all stack. I have multiples of some. It also means that you can focus less on collecting coins in that game and more on attack/defense, since you have plenty of coins already. Without some limitations or consequences for doing that, grinding for gold before jumping in for a long game becomes a necessity if you want to compete on the leaderboards. And these kinds of games only have lasting power if the high score chasing feels balanced.

Btw, has anyone tried the catapult yet? I haven't bought it because it seems like a bad idea to not be able to replenish my defenses. And I don't think I've gotten it as a drop -- maybe by design? So it's only by choice? I think a way to discard/sell/disable an item would be nice so if I were to buy it and don't like that effect, I could get rid of it.

20. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I don't see any way around calling this unbalanced. Great point.