Universal Tavern Guardians (by WOMBO TEST)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Feb 23, 2017.

1. legendofchin97

legendofchin97 Active Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Truly love this game! Can't wait for all the fun updates!

2. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Thanks, we are now working hard for it!

3. Benholio

Benholio Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2012
    The match-3/battle mechanic in this game is so smooth and satisfying, it's hard to put down. Well done, guys.

4. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    any new high scores from TA community?
    currently at tavern 37 had to take a break...this will likely be my last game as there are too many awesome, new games. Need a goal to reach here.

5. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Someone reached tavern 64 in #174 of this thread...

BTW, we will release several balance adjustment patches in this month to make it fairer and more challenging.
    And we are planning to add more Bosses, items, game mode in the future.
    Hope you will back again after we released these patches. :)

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Looking forward to the balance changes and while I hope we'll eventually see the end to carry over cash in-game, no problem if not in the next couple of patches.

7. maxbrickem

Aug 25, 2009
    i'll be back for sure without a doubt! You guys have been so active and accommodating. It's not very common to see that these days. Truly great devs. Thank you.

8. Benholio

Jul 13, 2012
    Currently on tavern 156. I played all of the other classes for a while before Mage, since she is so strong. But now that I've started a Mage game, I can't bring myself to let it end...

9. maxbrickem

Aug 25, 2009
    #269 maxbrickem, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    uh LOL. I thought I was getting somewhere...seems as if I am just starting now...currently at 47 thanks for giving me a goal! wow.

btw do these items infinitely stack? or is there a limit?

10. Benholio

Jul 13, 2012
    I haven't noticed a limit yet, but they get pretty expensive. And some seem to stop showing up.

Currently kinda stuck on tavern 159. It's the squid-boss guy. Can't stay caught up enough on the minions to stop him from healing to full just about every cycle.

11. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Has the hint off/on feature been implemented? Waiting to buy #

12. #272 AppUnwrapper, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    That you say you're currently stuck on 159 makes it sound like you quit every time it looks like you're gonna lose, so you can retry that tavern?

I was really confused when the dev said they had the saves set up that way to avoid cheating. Seems to me it's a lot easier to turn the current save system into an exploit than if it saved your last turn.

13. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    [​IMG]
    Just finished and will submit it to Apple soon!:D

14. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    That does sound like a reload last save exploit. Good catch.

15. jabbasoft

jabbasoft Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 29, 2012
    Is it just me or do some chain reaction matches not have effect on the play area which is a bit frustrating if you see a bunch of carefully stored meat or stone just blink away with no benefit? Great game [no sarcasm, it's good fun :)!].

16. If matches are made during the enemies' turn, they don't count. It can indeed be frustrating if there's a huge chain you want to match and they ruin it for you.

17. Benholio

Jul 13, 2012
    No, 'stuck' just means I haven't managed to get the boss down yet, but I'm also in no danger of dying. So the match goes on forever until I can string together 3-4 straight good 'heal cycles' for the boss.

It is true that my attempt will get reset if I do too much outside of the app. Which is going to suck, because I've accumulated 30k coins so far on this attempt.

I believe an upcoming update will save your progress mid-match, which will be nice. It sucks being afraid to tab out within a match.

18. Benholio

Jul 13, 2012
    I'm not exploiting to stay alive, it's just a stalemate. Mage ice shields + sheep + crystal staff(?) makes it easy to stay alive, I just can't kill all of the minions fast enough to prevent the boss from healing to full all of the time.

I think I can win eventually, I just need a couple consecutive lucky rounds on the boss heal. Occasionally he lands on a few of his minions for me or I manage to get almost all of the minions dead, but I need that to happen at least 3 times to get him down. One bad round and he heals 4-5k and it's like starting all over again.

19. maxbrickem

Aug 25, 2009
    That boss is a pain when he heals frequently. Had him at lvl 50, and it took a bit. Cant imagine fighting him in the 150's..

20. Benholio

Jul 13, 2012
    I'm pretty sure even if I beat him this time around, the next time I face him will be the end of the road. The minion health is increasing faster than my damage, so it will only get worse.

It will all be moot when they release balance updates, anyway, as the Mage is surely to get the nerf bat (and rightly so). I'm looking forward to playing with the other classes again.