Universal Tavern Guardians (by WOMBO TEST)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Feb 23, 2017.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Nice little tantrum. To answer your question, what you did wrong was not read the many comments on this very subject already made before you (including an acknowledgment and promise to fix by the dev) in this thread.

2. TZimmerman

TZimmerman Active Member

Oct 20, 2013
    #202 TZimmerman, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    How is it a tantrum when you waiting over a day and 3-4 pages of stuff. Also I have read all the pages since the game came out. I read not to end the game...that it don't save. But I was asking how to stop and be able to come back to play the right way till it was fixed. Sorry for asking a question but really did you have to be a tool yourself. I did buy the game....think that gives me a right to a opinion, just like you have one. Because our opinions are different don't give you the right to call my opinion a tantrum.

3. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Oh I don't know, how about a friendly reminder and repost of your question, if you do not feel it's been covered before, instead of punishing the dev with a 1 star rating and announcing to everyone that you are deleting the game, as if this somehow affects us all?

4. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Well this thread has taken a turn.

5. TZimmerman

TZimmerman Active Member

Oct 20, 2013
    So others can post on games saying something ain't working....delete. Then give a low star rating till it's fix but I can't. Do you call them people out for their opinions or just me. Once the update comes out....I will reinstall and try it again. But I think I have a right after hours of playing then the next time I get on it's like I never played....even tho I didn't quit the game and back out. Like what was posted not to do. That's why I was asking what did I do wrong? TouchArcade ask people to invite friends and this and that. People like you jumping on others over their opinion is why people leave. Threads are for people to help and post opinions regardless if it's positive or negative. Yes I like the game but think the save function needs to be done and in my opinion it missing right now is a negative. Yes it will be in the next few updates and then my rating will change.

6. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Amazing game. I only miss landscape mode, if Devs will add this sometime in the future, will be a 6/5 stars for me :)

7. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Thoroughly enjoying this. It's really one of the best match-3s I've played in a while.

Good, solid gameplay and a nice upgrade / progression.

Excellent stuff.

8. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Bummer that this is match-3 and not "match any connected set" as in Dungeon Raid. Match-3 is fiddly and mindless by comparison, IMO.

9. MacGyver

MacGyver Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah issue is still happening. I already dismissed the bartender's message bubble. Can't interact with anything on screen. :(

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    politely disagree. I enjoy both mechanics. Got about 6 hours with this game. Having a blast.

11. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I must really suck, because all this talk about the make being so easy, and I can't even pass tavern one

12. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Which character?

Matching 4+ tiles is generally important. Tiles next to the monster damage it. Spam the special abilities, they regererate fairly quickly, just match the mana bottles. Keep your defenses up matching stone.

For the mage matching 4+ tiles is especially important to have the ice barrier up. Spam the sheep ability and the others as well to kill stuff off.

13. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Sorry for the bug:(
    About that bug, Could I ask you some questions?
    - Please tell me the process you've done between starting the game to encountering the bug in the tutorial.
    - When the hand swapping animation is being played, what did you do?
    1) Tap a tile and then tap another one besides the first one
    2) Touch and hold a tile and swap with another one according to the direction of the hand swapping animation

Many thanks

14. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Hi TZimmerman

I'm really sorry for missing your question!!!
    We are a 3 man studio. And I need to answer many feedback and questions from TouchArcade and other forums and emails, at the same time, I have to do the development of patches and communicate with game media. So sometime I will miss message, sorry for that!

About your question:
    In this version, if you tap the home icon in the item inventory window, you'll jump back to the hero selection WITHOUT saving anything.(Now I know it's not good by your feedback) Just like some other rogue-like game, Dungeon-Raid for example.
    We've set a backup function. When app crashes or turned off and then you start the game again, you may start from the beginning of your last stage.

In the next patch, we will add the saving function when you quit. That means, after you tap the home icon during a certain stage, you may start the game from the beginning of that stage with all your money and items. To prevent from cheating, you can’t go back to the exact turn when you quit the game.

Thanks

15. jarboo

jarboo Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    France
    Awesome game but way too easy!

I installed the game yesterday.

Love the gameplay mechanics, the art and the overall feel of the game
    BUT...
    On my first try, without buying any consumable item, I beat the 4 first dungeons easily...

So I've unlocked every character without having to buy any single buff.
    Feels a bit underwhelming. Is there any real objective other than unlocking the 4 heroes ?

Hope there is a balance update in the near future because I would love to continue playing this game.

I looked in the forum briefly and I saw that the mage is "too powerful"... I don't really want to try her for the moment

16. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Sorry
    iPhone and iPad cannot synchronize with each other in our game.
    iPhone and iPhone is OK.
    iPad and iPad is OK.
    (*Just like Give it Up!)

17. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Thanks for your feedback!

I want to say you are so good on this game! I think I cannot unlock all heroes by one try....
    As I said in another reply, we will release a balance update in the near future.

And the real objective of this game is high score chaser.

18. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    The description of the achievement "Treasure Hunter" is "Obtain 5 treasure chests successively before game over."

19. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I see, thanks for checking it out.
    Can I ask what is the pourpose?
    While many have both an iPhone and an iPad and play the game on both, I find unlikely that one has TWO iPhones or TWO iPads and plays on both.
    Just curious.

20. Ahhh missed that. Thanks!