Universal Tavern Guardians (by WOMBO TEST)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalwastebasket, Feb 23, 2017.

1. snarvid

snarvid Well-Known Member

May 20, 2013
    It helps if you're feverish, but yeah, that's when you just decide to kill off your character.

2. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Awesome feedback, taking notes:p

3. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Can there be a leaderboard for each character class?

4. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    On the GameCenter?

5. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    Yea I think that would be cool

6. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    Nice idea! We will have a discussion about this!:D

7. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    There are many reasons for us to choose the swapping mechanic.
    The biggest reason is that we want to make some difference with Dungeon Raid.
    (Perhaps we will make a line drawing mechanic-based game in the future:D)

8. MacGyver

MacGyver Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #188 MacGyver, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    Game is unplayable for me, what a let down. During first mission the hand swiping animation shows but I can't actually swipe or tap anything on screen? Nothing happens and I can't get past that hand animation. Super confused. How am I the only one this is happening to? Am I missing something?

iPhone 7 plus on 10.2.1.

9. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    Awesome! Plus that would help with any character balance issue. When you see a ridiculously high score, you will know what character it was that got that far, and try to reach a similar score with someone else.

10. Fruityth1ng

Fruityth1ng Active Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Sweet, I'll be first in line then! Your art and animations look fantastic! :)

11. JIN913

JIN913 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Game Designer
    Japan
    When you saw the hand swiping animation,
    firstly tap the screen to close the dialog box from Tavern Master,
    and then follow the hand swiping animation to swap the tile.

If it is still unplayable, let me know. I will ask our programmer.
    (This is the first time I have heard of that situation.)

12. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    Is it safe to say that in its current state the game is somewhat broken? I mean if the whole point of the game is to challenge for top rank, why bother if the mage can go on forever, which also defeats the point of using the other classes? No offense, I just really love the game and don't want to see it be pointless to play.

13. snarvid

snarvid Well-Known Member

May 20, 2013
    Well, kinda? If your goal is to rank on the leaderboards, it's more of an endurance contest than skill.

Mage is definitely too strong, and having played with Mage I'd actually like some other classes to get buffed (why is there such a low cap on the Paladin's overheals?). I'd also like to see more environmental manipulation abilities - the powers are all either global or targeted at enemies, but my favorite abilities in Puzzle Quest were always the "target a gem type to turn it into another gem" and do crazy combos off that. Loved my druid...

No longer #1 on leaderboards... someone ranked in with 14k+.

14. Btw, my best game said I ended it with 6 chests, but I didn't get the achievement for opening 5 chests in a single game.

15. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    From a different perspective (none score chasing) I think the game is fine. I haven't noticed that the Mage is over powered. I actually can get much further with the paladin. I'm not really a puzzle gamer so I'm sure I lack the skills and finesse most of you are working with so I will most likely never reach tavern 16 or 28. I'm just in it for the fun and am really enjoying it.

snarvid, I'm sure you have seen it but there is an item you can get that allows you to rearrange tiles on the screen. That's the only one I've seen so far.

16. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah, either I suck (entirely possible!) or the mage is not OP. I have yet to get past Tavern 5 with her and I've played her the most (maxed out).

17. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    I believe that each character class should have their own leaderboard. This way we'll know that someone is essentially cheating by using the mage. I want to know how good i am with the gunner as opposed to other people.

18. TZimmerman

TZimmerman Active Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Ask a question a day and sum ago...yet never got a answer. Pretty much got ignored while others got answered. I thought it was a simple question but guess not. So I just deleted the game and move on. Have a nice day!

19. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Awesome. I'll buy the moment that update hits. I hate trying to think about a match while a game keeps blinking "match hints". Drives me crazy.

20. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Nice little tantrum. To answer your question, what you did wrong was not read the many comments on this very subject already made before you (including an acknowledgment and promise to fix by the dev) in this short thread.