Universal Tavern Brawl - Tactics (by Nebulium Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TavernBrawlTactics, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #21 Ayjona, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    I know marketing content is always buzzword-infused and hyperbolic in nature, and always subject to the subjective, but this is wrong by any collectively accepted definition of the phrase :) This is a casual TBS, with comparably simple combat mechanics, very limited interactions and choice at any given point in combat, and resulting limitations in tactical possibilities.

(I'm not so sure you are doing yourself any long-term favours with your App Store description in general. There's very little - if anything - that's "innovative" about Tavern Brawls' combat interactions, there really isn't an "endless" array of possibilities, neither by absolute meaning or TBS standards, and the game only offers one game mode split across AI and PvP.

But then again, if it gets players downloading your game, perhaps that trumps any negative brand perceptions the incongruency between your App Store text and actual gameplay might create.)

ALL THIS NASTINESS SAID :), this is a very, very nice mini TBS, highly accessible and charming and polished and addictive! And the hero variety and resulting teambuilding strategy it offers is no marketing hyperbole!

For anyone who doesn't require a minimum of Ravenmark/FFT/Templar Battleforce/Demon's Rise-levels of number-crunching, longterm-planning fun to appreciate the "S" in their TBS (which I do), I highly recommend Tavern Brawl - Tactics.

2. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Along with a considered, insightful and honest response, there's always a certain eloquence to your posts Ayjona that makes them refreshing to read. I applaud you on your grasp of language and level of literacy, not many take the time (myself included!) to write like you do. Ever considered journalism or game reviewing as a career? Well said.

3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    +1 to this response. Ayjona gave a very fair and articulated summary of the game.
    I also like my TBS games with a fair bit of "S" in them but there are times I like to just take things a bit easier and this game fills that bill perfectly. It's just a shame I don't use my iPhone as my main gaming device.

4. Hey, Ayjona. Thank you so much for your honest reply. We do hope to create an "S" game that isn't so heavy like most so that everybody can enjoy some tactics more casually. As you can see, it's still a soft launch, so many things need to be improved and optimized, and we are on the way trying hard. Since we are a small studio, we do it step by step.
    We feel honored and lucky to have so much attention and suggestions for Tavern Brawl - Tactics, and if I may, that's no nastiness, more like treasure to us. Only feedback like this would help us, or even guide us to work on the right path.
    Again we truly appreciate it and we'll try our best to gradually make Tavern Brawl - Tactics close enough to "endless" and real TBS. :D

5. New update!

Hey hey hey! New update is coming! Get it now! Let's have a look what we've got here.
    Updates:
    √ 4 new heroes available: Gold Nugget, Merlin, Necromancer and Santa. Go unlock them with keys now!
    √ Added searching option in Battle Mode. Now after searching opponents for a while, you can manually choose to continue searching for real players or battle with A.I.
    √ Optimized some UI and animation effect.
    √ Added notice of opponent with bad connection.
    √ Info of items can be seen by pressing and holding onto them.
    √ Added some heroes' voices of battle.
    Bug fixes:
    × Win counted as defeat bug.
    × A series of synchronization problems due to connection losing.
    × Bug of some heroes staying on battlefield after death.
    Please keep us noticed if you encounter any bug or problem, we'll handle it in the first place. Thanks guys!

6. New update~

YES! Finally new update is available! Come on now and see what's new this time!
    - Added Daily Quests. Play different challenges to get rewards every day!
    - Added Coins to unlock new heroes. More way to get heroes!
    - Modified War hammer’s ability. No longer miss several turns just because of him!
    - Added more heroes’ voices. Lively and funny.
    - Optimized the tutorial (for new players). You can get a thorough understanding of TBT!
    - Fixed some issues caused by disconnection. The game runs more smoothly and stably.
    No more waiting, download the update NOW!!!

7. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    And most important of all.....iPads are now supported.
    Oh wait........nope sorry. ☹️

8. Aw...So sorry about it. It's still in the pipeline. We'll urge this. o_O

9. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Haha thanks.
    I've been waiting to play in my iPad.
    Not gonna play in zoom mode, sorry :)

10. Ranked Battle and More!

ATTENTION!!! NEW UPDATE!!! Ready for a brand new challenge? Let's see what we've got here!
    - Highly anticipated RANKED BATTLE is available now! Earn ranks and show your power to all!
    - Chat translation available! Tap a chat message to display it in your own language. No more "region talk", let's "worldwide talk"!
    - Added new background and visual effect for holidays. Winter comes, keep warm!
    - Added more skill visual effects in battle. More splendid and passionate!
    - Polished most of sound effects. More vivid and full of personalities!
    - Some changes of hero’s stats and abilities (click here for more details)
    Wait no more, update it and enjoy!

11. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Sounds great!
    Still iPhone only it has it been made iPad available yet?

12. A new update!

Hey everybody! Gather here! I'm announcing the NEW UPDATE details! Don't forget to get this lastest one from Google Play or App Store!
    - 4 new heroes have arrived in town! They have totally new abilities. Lately I've been introducing them, so feel free to check them out!
    - Changed the system of heroes unlocking. (Original Keys will be converted to Soul Shards) Collect shards to get the heroes!
    - Added Treasure Barrel to get new Soul Shards. New heroes are only able to be got in Treasure Barrel!
    - Improved graphics and visual effect. More splendid than ever!
    - Optimized chat translation, it's more accurate now!
    - Fixed the bug of substitution with overmuch heroes.
    - Fixed the crash when battle ends.
    - Other minor bug fixes.
    Now please enjoy~ If you encounter any bug or problem with this new version, please don't hesitate to PM or Emails us, we are always glad to help!

13. New update! Friend system!

HERE WE GO! BRAND NEW UPDATE! Let's see what's new this time!
    ***Friends System Available!
    - Social system. Add friends! Chat with friends! Challenge your friends anytime you want. Now it's your chance to prove your skills to your BFFs!
    ***Other features & Changes:
    - Facebook connect. Bind with Facebook and sync your progress. After binding, you can play by your account on any device you want!
    - Tombstone mechanic. New feature for better game experience.
    - Remove randomness from Bombadier's skill. Let's blow something up!
    - Improved UI and visual effects in battle. All for your better brawling experience!
    - Other bug fixes, including all the bugs reported recently.
    This is it, don't forget to go to Google Play or App Store for this latest update!

14. New update with Replay Function and more!

HEY! NEW UPDATE! Come on and let me tell you what's new!
    - Replay! Watch replays from top brawlers and share your replays with friends! Record your peak moment and show it!
    - Avatars! You can finally choose your own avatars now. So you can choose any unlocked hero you like as avatar!
    - Obstacles(Barriers) now block range attacks. So now officially range attacks can go through nothing. It's only reasonable, isn't it?
    - Obstacles are no longer indestructible. Getting into your way? Trapped and no way out? Just break it!
    - Add obstacles to the 'Crystal Mine' Tavern. Oh the beautiful crystals...so fragile!
    - Add switch buttons to turn on/off background music and SFX. Yeah, this means no more turn off the whole sound of device!
    - Move concede button to the emote panel. No wasting precious time waiting!
    - Optimize disconnection logic. Less broken hearts due to "disconnected defeat"!
    - General bug fix. As always, please let us know if you encounter any bug in this version. We'll be on it ASAP.
    That's all for this update, please enjoy!!

15. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Sounds great, still iPhone only?

Been waiting for iPad release

16. They sure can play!

Some brawls are surely excellent! And now everyone is able to check out and learn!
    BMU$H55IGZXO@MRI%WN(`P5.png

17. #37 TavernBrawlTactics, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  18. #38 TavernBrawlTactics, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    New game mode is coming up along with several new characters! Stay tuned!

19. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I am staying tuned but thats all I'm doing.....fingers crossed for iPad version. #

20. Thanks so much for being with us! And iPad version is what we are developing right now. Hopefully it'll be available in a week. :)