iPad Tatomic

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lw1234, Dec 9, 2008.

1. lw1234

lw1234 Active Member

Sep 5, 2008
    I'm wondering why much attention hasn't been paid to Tatomic. I don't have the app store link (Im writing this using my phone), but it's an awesome, addictive puzzler. A couple of reviews have called this Lumines for iPhone, but those comparisons probably stem from a similar looking playfield than any true similarities. Lumines is the better game, but Tatomic's chaining system and polished look and sound make it a worthwhile purchase. Maybe TouchArcade can do a review? It deserves more attention than it has received.

Still waiting for my lumines, though. (I think Tatomic's control structure would work perfectly)

2. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008

Yep. I just played it this weekend and was impressed. We'll write something up .

arn

3. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I saw this game and am tempted, but I will probably just wait for a real lumines

4. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
  5. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    By the way, the last Tatomic update made it even better, including faster start up and colorblind option.

As I said several times here it is one of the best puzzle games!

6. lw1234

lw1234 Active Member

Sep 5, 2008
    It's honestly a totally different game. I hope it doesn't get screwed because people look at it as a "fake lumines". It's different and good in it's own way. But I get the anticipation of Lumines...I'm way too antsy.

Gameloft, Im looking at you.

7. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I've never played Lumines but I've heard of it. My dad has it for his PSP and I've never even seen it, but I think I'm gonna check this game out. There are lots of people who have been telling me about this game lately and it looks cool :)

8. lw1234

lw1234 Active Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Lumines is the best puzzle game since Tetris. It's the essence of simplicity, but the jaw dropping visuals and sound design compliment chaotic, hypnotic and strategic gameplay. It is without comparison. Gameloft did a great mobile adaptation that allowed me to ditch my PSP for my Sony Ericsson 550i. Then the iPhone 3G came into my life and along with it some fantastic games, but no Lumines, so I wait. Tatomic will have to do for now...again, it's addictive and sexy, but nothing will ever top Lumines for me.

9. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    its on sale for 2.99
    nice puzzle game enjoy them puzzle or if you dont have too many puzzle game

personally i have too many puzzle games so ill skip it
    otherwise take this immediate discount!

10. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    This is a really good game!
    Been waiting for a price drop, so when I saw it for $2.99 I snatched it up.
    This is the closest thing to an original tetris like game for the iPhone.

Controls seem weird at first, but then they grow on you and become almost second nature. The only thing they could add is a left and right hand mode that switches the quick drop and rotate buttons.

I would also like a "shuffle" mode where the stages play at random for all three modes combines (like Burning Monkey Labs mission mode).

11. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    This is a fantastic game, I got so mesmerized by it that I was so late for work!
    I was playing the lite version and loved it.
    Developer really does deserve credit for this game, and especially love how the chains have to be longer as you go along, sometimes really screwing you over when your previous strategy was aimed at only short chains!
    Just wish that you could rotate in the other direction too, and to allow rotating while moving right - as both buttons are operated by your right thumb!
    Also thank god for the colourblind mode!!! Now I'm able to get to a decent level without guessing!!!

12. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    It's a well made game and I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't get into it. Brilliantly made though, high production values and great graphics, but to me I'm so used to lumines this felt too foreign and I couldn't get into it. I guess it's just not my cup of tea :(

13. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    This game is great, i'm loving the Lite version! It's so great, i really am wondering how the paid app could be better! definitely recommend a quick download!

14. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    The full version is better because:

-full 30 levels instead of just 10

-20 puzzle type levels

-Another mode to play the main 30 levels in.

Well worth the $3 they are asking for.

15. gcl

gcl Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    limited time sale under a buck

If you were on the fence like I was....

Tatomic dropped to 99 cents USD

It's a delightful puzzler kinda of like Monkey Puzzle Lab which I didn't like as much.

I played the lite and was impressed though I wonder about how all those accolades for an early entry stand up to more recent games.

16. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I loved the lite, but hated the controls. Until they fix that, it's still not a buy from me.

17. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    $0.99? I think I'll buy this game again!! :D

I like the controls by the way.

18. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    I hadn't played this for such a long time I almost forgot why I still kept it there. After the update I fired it up once more.
    Now I know why: a quick 1-min go always ends up being 30-mins as I just completely sucked into the game!

It's really good but I also hoped that the dev would allow turning while moving right... I emailed him but got zero response... And obviously no indication of it happening after this long wait for an update :(

19. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Can't resist at 99 cents, another game for the backlog. ^ ^

20. plaidman

plaidman Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Definitely worth a buck. Try the demo, pick it up while it's cheap!