Tasty Bunny – The wildest run for it you'll ever make ;)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Pexira, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Pexira

Pexira Member

Nov 23, 2014
    game developer
    Quebec, Canada
    #1 Pexira, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    Platforms: iOS, Android

What it is: Tasty Bunny

A platformer game for advanced players who like a good quality challenge. (Think of Super Meat Boy, or The Impossible Game)

Or, for any lovely person that dares daring. (Note: we will not stand responsible for any mobile device that may end up broken upon throwing onto a wall. Especially our studio's wall.) <3

Current Progress: polishing and rendering a few more levels before launch.

Cost: Free

Estimated release date: Before Christmas!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Summary: We are playing as the Bunny. This poor ball of white cuteness is being chased all over the world by a persistent Fox. The obstacles that stand in the Bunny's path are not particularly hurting it. They are slowing it down, thus making it vulnerable to the Fox.

In each level, the goal is to reach the rabbit hole before the Fox catches the Bunny. The player needs to gather up as many carrots as possible, to keep the Bunny's speed improving until it can eventually outrun the Fox and make it to destination, safely.

The game will be released with two areas on the worldmap. The jungle, and the desert. Each containing about thirteen levels. Upon reaching the last level available, the player will be notified of the estimated release date of the next world map area. (Much like Candy Crush Saga, we will be expanding the world map for as long as there is interest in the game.)

In-app store: The perks and accessories in our little store are not mandatory at all to the game's fullest experience. They are barely affecting the gameplay, and they are only there for the generous player who wishes to support us. :)

The studio: We are Pexira. Two friends: one artist / composer, and one programmer. We built this game out of passion for oldschool difficult games from our youth on the NES platform. We are hoping to reach out to nice players and build a community around Tasty Bunny. We would love to be able to make many more levels for the game and keep improving it over time for the community.

For those interested in following the game, I invite you to visit our website for announcements, or to follow Pexira's page on Facebook

www.facebook.com/pexiragames
    www.pexira.com
    https://twitter.com/Pexira

Thank you so much

Pexira

2. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Looks cool, I love pixel art..
    Have several questions here:

Is this one touch control only?
    Does the rabbit run automatically?
    Does the game have Game Center?
    Can we kill the enemy by jumping on it like in Super Mario?

3. Obiben

Obiben New Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Hexels

Wee, hexels! Fun way to make an old-school game look different. Will give it a spin!

4. Pexira

Pexira Member

Nov 23, 2014
    game developer
    Quebec, Canada
    Thank you! :)
    To answer your questions:
    1- Yes, it is a one touch control game to make it simple to play on Mobile. The control is pretty reactive, we're very happy with the gameplay "feel" of this one button style. The bunny jumps a little higher / longer when holding the touch, and makes quicker, subtle jumps with a quick tap.
    2- The rabbit does run automatically. It gains more and more speed as it gathers carrots, and the other animals and obstacles can either immobilize it or making it lose speed.
    3- For now, this is an offline game. So no game center and such. We are debating on the matter still. ;) It could be fun to see like your friends on the world map, see where they are at!
    4- And, the enemies do die if we jump on them, however the bunny is penalized for it. You must not touch animals and obstacles. The idea behind this is that the bunny is the most vulnerable thing in that world. He is not a giant gorilla. So to outrun the fox to the rabbit hole, it needs to avoid just everything it can. ;) Following this idea, there is no "life gauge", only an energy / speed gauge. The menace is getting slowed and losing our distance advantage. :)

5. Pexira

Pexira Member

Nov 23, 2014
    game developer
    Quebec, Canada
    Bumping because apparently I am really bad at posting screenshots on a forum. I think it works now. hahaha

6. Hey Pexira,

I love the look and aesthetics of the game. It feels very dreamy and fantasy like, but retro at the same time. Looking forward to your release!

7. Pexira

Pexira Member

Nov 23, 2014
    game developer
    Quebec, Canada
    Thank you so much. =)
    We are going to release this game next week! (so much is to be done before then X_X)
    We will make a call on the announcement section when it's ready.
    I can't wait to show it to everyone!
    =:3

8. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Great! I can't wait to try it! Well done guys

9. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    By the way it would be great if we could play the fox too ^^ would be fun to try to catch the bunny

10. Pexira

Pexira Member

Nov 23, 2014
    game developer
    Quebec, Canada
    Hahaha
    I haven't thought of that. We probably couldn't add this feature in this game, but I can imagine a complete other game with that concept! It would be cool to try and catch up with the bunny and eat it. xD

If this game gets enough attention, and we make a sequel where we play the Fox, you'll know where we got the idea. :p

11. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    I really hope you'll make enough ^^