Universal Tape it Up! (by Devsisters)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DevSam, Apr 14, 2017.

1. mintyray

mintyray Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    #21 mintyray, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Shouldn't buying double coins (or any iaps) remove the ads? I'm okay with watching crappy ads to continue, but to be forced to watch them mid game is really annoying.

*bought the golden tape before the update, now it has a separate IAP just for ads?? ಠ_ಠ

2. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    #22 Yanagi, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    A new update is out offering two new characters: Tabby Cat (login to facebook to obtain) and Eraser which is like Golden Tape, except its 'special effect' is removing the ads around the game. I am unable to make the purchase because it's not yet showing the actual price leading any purchasing attempt to fail; it most probably will take a few hours to show up as it usually is for new apps or new IAP inclusions. Or maybe it's not yet activated.

I'm confused with the new wording, though because upon logging on Facebook it says "unlocked for purchasing," but Tabby Cat became available as a useable character as soon as I satisfied the login criteria. Either this is a bug and Tabby Cat is not supposed to be given away for free, or the unlocked for purchasing is not supposed to show up for Tabby Cat and Instagrab.

It also looks like the game gives away more coins now. Watching an ad post-game rewarded me with 300+ coins and the free reward every 3 hours gave me some sort of 'surprise reward'. I'm not sure if that's going to be a regular occurrence from now on or it's chance-based.

EDIT: Eraser (ad-removal character) costs 99c.

3. DevSam

DevSam Active Member

Oct 21, 2016
    Yeah, we've introduced the Eraser to get rid of the in-between ads in the item boxes. (There's one thing to be aware of, though - we made the description a bit too short again. It removes the mandatory ads from the item boxes within the game, but you can still watch ads to earn coins or continue after a fall.)

You also get more coins from the item boxes, free gift and for watching ads, so it'll be a lot easier to earn characters now!

In other news, we were able to fix and activate the option to connect to your Facebook account so you can now compete with your friends for High Scores (and get the new Tabby Cat immediately!)

Plus we fixed a few other bugs and tried to make parts of the interface clearer.

4. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    The game is pretty fun and I bought the gold tape and will continue playing. Just so everyone knows though, the developers are greedy as f**k.

5. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    #25 Yanagi, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    It seems like the video icon is still in the box, but if you do land on it instead of being punished with an ad they'll know you're in possession of Eraser and instead reward you with coins. (Around 10 to 15 coins in my experience.)

And is it just me or hard mode is unusually sensitive? It feels like sometimes it thinks my swipe left/right is a dash which almost always leads to my death. If I ever learned anything dashing leads to your death inside hard mode, but even when I don't dash the game thinks that's what I'm trying to do and registers it as so. I still die every now and then in my first few steps because of unwarranted accidents like these. So what I've been doing is exaggerate my left and right swipes to make sure the game does not kill me. It's not 100% effective, though.

I still can't get the 10,000 score achievement post-update. And upon getting my 39th character, GC gave me the 40 characters collected achievement.

Thanks for the update, by the way. I'm content with the game and it found its permanent placement in my games folder.

6. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I finally bought the Golden Tape and the Eraser. Cool to see the addition of the IAP to remove ads.

7. pei31112

pei31112 Member

Apr 20, 2014
    More characters please

8. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    #28 Yanagi, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    EDIT: Ignore this post. Question answered.

9. Acbo

Acbo New Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Help

I am confused as to how I unlock Machine Jr, I have reached a highscore of 10k points but it is still locked, I have also reached a high score of 10k points with 1000 coins on me, and still have not unlocked machine jr

Please help.

10. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    You should have unlocked Machine Jr. already if you've reached 10,000 in one gameplay. At first I thought you were referring to Reaper Jr. as that one happens to be the most difficult to obtain.

11. Acbo

Acbo New Member

Apr 24, 2017
    I have reached 16895 points but it still says"unlocked for purchase when obtaining a score of 10,000. Is there anything I can do, or will I never be able to obtain it???

12. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    You can email the developer to ask for direct help. Seems like they might've gotten disheartened and stopped posting here after some of the recent comments.

13. jisoo

jisoo New Member

May 18, 2017
    does anyone know how to unlock reaper jr? I've scored more than 10,000 points (I got more than 20k per playthrough) and escaped from hard mode 3 times in one playthrough but still didn't get it to unlock. I'm sure I'm missing something since I know it's one of the hardest ones to obtain

14. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    #34 Yanagi, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    There's a new update adding 20(?) new figurines to unlock, random missions (i.e., play 10x, visit the shop twice, etc.), plenty of new levels, and special boosts. It took me around 150,000 coins with the coin doubler to get 15 of the new characters and then tried to spend another 20,000 in an attempt get at least one or two of the remaining 5 to no avail. Got 0. Guess I should just buy the remaining ones.

You need to first get the 10,000 points while inside hard mode and then make your escape right after fulfilling that requirement.

15. DevSam

DevSam Active Member

Oct 21, 2016
    Hi!

Just dropped in to tell you about the update Yanagi alread mentioned. It features indeed 21 additional characters, 50 new stages, missions, optional start boosters and - last but not least - progress saved via Facebook so you can play on multiple devices. Have fun!

Also, sorry for not checking in for a while! Regarding some of the questions above:

There was a bug with unlocking the Machine Jr. in a previous version, which should be fixed now.

As mentioned above, to unlock the Reaper Jr., you actually have to get 10,000 points WITHIN Hard Mode. There is a separate Hard Mode score counter hanging on chains in the middle of the screen - that's the number you have to get up to 10,000 and then escape successfully.

If you encounter any other issues in the game, the fastest way to reach us is indeed the "support" button in the game settings.

16. D4rkwolf

D4rkwolf Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Student
    In a house ^^
    I love this game, not sure where people are saying "devs are greedy", everything is super fair, coin earning doesn't take long at all, and besides it's a fun little arcade game...and it's super cute too!

17. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    Anybody else who tried to email the devs and never get a reply?

18. Blankito

Blankito Active Member

May 29, 2015
    Great game! Love playing it!

19. DevSam

DevSam Active Member

Oct 21, 2016
    If anyone here is playing the game on Android and suffered from all characters being reset after logging in to Facebook (or is planning to log in to Facebook): We've released a hotfix this week which should restore your progress to the way it was before and prevent the problem from happening again. Please get the latest update from the Play Store.

Sorry, we had stacked up a bit of a backlog of replies, but worked through them this week. If you still haven't gotten a reply for a question by now, it must have slipped through somehow. In that case please resend, if possible. Thanks!

20. swtbbyace

swtbbyace New Member

Jul 2, 2017
    One of the challenges I have received in the game in "Go To settings" How do I do this? or what is it actually wanting me to do?