Universal Tap Transcend: Rebirth (by Inner Hero)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Inner Hero, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Chocomeister

Chocomeister Member

Jul 19, 2016
    I just want to say - thanks for this game so far. Your attentiveness to this forum + game and design overall is really impressive. Hopefully these one-off comments and complaints/bugs don't down your spirit. A lot of us are really excited about the future of the game!

2. Inner Hero

Inner Hero Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Thanks Chocomeister, that really means a lot.

I am the only programmer on this project, and at times it can be a bit overwhelming. We decided to try something far fetched with this project, and I had to learn many new things but never gave up. The project is several notches more complex than anything I have ever tried before. It is heartbreaking when small problems show up, and I am trying my best to push through, but it is easy to lose motivation.

It is people like you that keep me staying in the zone. I am one that never gives up, and I will do my best to keep this project moving forward. It seems the big glitches in V1.0 have been resolved, but it looks like there are still a couple small bugs that are lingering around. I am determined to exterminate these so we can move forward on the bigger updates we have planned.

Thanks everyone!

3. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    I just beat the first mission on hard and it gave 3e6 KP and that is the same as normal difficulty, is it supposed to scale at all? Just curious.

And I agree with the guy above, don't get disheartened, you've made a great game and your attention and communication are above and beyond!!

4. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    please remove tapping from pvp battles. ive tried all the tips from the users here and i can't get anything above 25 taps on my iphone 6. that was 1 time i got that high which got me an 83% attack. This just simply sucks. Since the most i can do against a single target is 75%, i'm losing battles that i should not be losing.

I do have one other suggestion. when looking at items to buy in the store, can you show a +/- for stats based on the current equipment installed on the equiped ships. This way i know if its a worthwhile investment.

i had no idea that the 409 orb piece i bought was the one already equipped on my ship, it came standard.

5. Chocomeister

Chocomeister Member

Jul 19, 2016
    It would be interesting to see the tapping difference between someone who has an iPad vs. an iPhone. As someone said earlier, they can take all 10 of their fingers on their iPad and sometimes get great tapping results. However, I can often get >180% attack with just an iPhone, and think there is a huge diminishing return to each tap after you get over a certain number. So it might not be unfair.

My recommendation to you would be to hit the skill you want to use, and then take your five fingers and bunch them together and tap the top part of the screen as fast as possible. It's much more about reducing the distance between taps (aka slightly raising your fingers), than pure speed.

The equipment idea is nice, but I certainly think it's fine how it is. Given that one has many ships and you accumulate many pieces of equipment, it would be hard to easily display information relevant to the end user. Maybe the dev could design something that would show the +/- for each active ship, and inactive ones would just have to take the boot.

6. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    You could always hit auto if you don't want to tap, I don't think you have as much control but it works.

I usually check what I have on the ships before I buy something on the black market. The first thing I got there had half the hp as the stock console(control panel part).

7. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013

It seems to me that it's 60 something. I can get close to 200% in the 60s but I have a ship that only needs 18 taps to get to 100% and I think the others it's 70 something cause one time I got 199% on a 74 tap. But anytime I get 80+ it's gone down.

8. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    Still playing and although I am not as far as others I very much enjoy this game! One of my new favorites! Very excited to see what new stuff you come out with (within this game as well as anything new down the road). I appreciate your hard work polishing this game up and bug squashing. Thank you!

9. Anova

Anova Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 14, 2012
    Now that I can access the ship part, I can say this game really is a fantastic fusion of idle game and army building. Really enjoying it.

Also second other people's comments, he dev for this game has been working really hard to make sure everyone is enjoying the experience.

10. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Thanks so much for your kind words! It really is a great feeling having something you spent so much time on being enjoyed by other people. I worked on this project starting January 17 this year, 7 days a week, and it feels good to have people appreciating the hard work that has gone into it.

Anova - so glad you can finally play ship battles! I hope you enjoy it!

Poo - good eye on that KP reward in hard mode. I just double checked the code, and you are correct. I made a small error, the hard mode should give you more KP. I will send this patch fix to Apple tonight along with the requested x10k and x100k multipliers on buying raw planetary resources that has come up from several people now.

Chocomeister & dudecoolguyman - I will try add that feature into a future update where the black market deals can show comparative stats to the equipment you currently have. It'll be a bit of work since you don't always have just one ship, and each has 5 equipment slots. My recommendation for now is to study your fleet before making any black market deals!

We are considering raising the minimum attack from manual tapping mode a bit from 75%, but it wasn't our goal to make an easy game. The real tip is to use many fingers on each tap. I use 2 hands, 4 fingers each, and i have gotten to 100 taps before. As Poo pointed out, you can always play in auto mode if you do not want to tap (after all it is a tapper game right? :)), it is the second button from the top in the top left corner - looks like a play button.

Thanks everyone.. I will be doing another batch of in-game codes at some point tonight!

11. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Been keeping up with this thread as I love playing this game, but not really replied to any post here, until now.

I took code TACODE6 couldn't believe that some still weren't taken. I paid to remove ads to help the developer as it doesn't feel right playing for free.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to future updates

12. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    As promised.. a new batch of in-game codes. I am feeling a bit more generous today, and each of these codes holds 1,000 chronospheres!

1,000 chrono pack codes
    TACODE1
    TACODE2
    TACODE3
    TACODE4
    TACODE5
    TACODE6
    TACODE7
    TACODE8
    TACODE9
    TACODE10

I just submitted build V1.0.3 to Apple a couple of minutes ago, and squished some of the (hopefully) last bugs. I also fixed the KP gains in hard mode from the story map as pointed out by Poo, and added a x10k and x100k multipliers to purchasing raw resources as requested by several of you.

Thanks so much for playing TTR, and if you really enjoy the game please help share it with your friends, your families, and maybe even other people you think would get a kick out of the game! Make sure to review the new versions of the app as they roll out if you like the game as each new update wipes the reviews and we start back at 0 reviews.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

13. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    mj132 - I JUST built those new codes 5 minutes ago, so you got one of the new ones by good timing! :D

Thanks for helping us!

14. ArtistWolf

ArtistWolf Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2014
    I took TACODE4. Thank you!

Also, thanks for working so hard on fixing the bugs. I haven't encountered any crashes since the last update.

The only bugs I have still encountered are:

1. Sometimes the video doesn't load on one of your 10 daily rewards, and you have to shut the game down. When you relaunch it, you have lost one of your 10 dailies even though you didn't get the reward.

2. Sometimes if you get super tap happy in combat, the game allows you to basically attack continuously. The attack options keep coming up even though your timer might not be up yet. It turns the combat almost into real time, which is actually kind of fun.

I do have a question: Are some of the heirloom items only available to take once? For instance, both rings don't seem to come up anymore to allow for +1 and beyond ranks.

15. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    Inner Hero, I'm love, love, loving the game! I am a developer myself and am super impressed with all the little details you've put in place (for example, auto-advancing the elements when one is purchased). Coming out the gate the game is impressively polished and balanced. TT:R is my new all-time favorite tap and exponential growth game.

I've purchased Triple Tap and Chrono Doubler and am quite happy with the investment.

A suggestion I have: In Story Mode make it so when in Auto mode, progress advances through consecutive planets too (and, of course, stays in Auto mode on those planets). That way one can start on a planet and let the game ride for a while without frequent human intervention. Perhaps this could be a Transcend perk, if you're hesitant about making the game too much of an idler with that feature.

In my mind's eye it could be accomplished by adding a, like, 10-second countdown auto-advance timer on the Victory screen. And maybe the Auto mode button needs to exist on all story mode screens so it can be entered/exited at any time.

Again, thank you for the great game. The fruits of your labors have brought me hours of enjoyment.

Thanks!

16. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    #176 Ijipop, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    Hey!
    Reallllllly good game you created there!
    Gave you 15$ with pleasure!

Bought a couple of things, I bought the chrono doubler.

It doesn't seems to double the chronos you gain from the small Battleship attacking my planet?!?!?!?

Is it not supposed to?

Oh! And do I get 2x chronos for the PvP ranking too???

Tell me it's not only for the roulette!

Thanks again for such an amazing little game!

17. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    I thought that too because when you tap on a ship it sometimes only shows a 1 chrono symbol as the ship explodes. But if you look at your overall chrono count, it goes up by two. A little confusing, but the Chrono Doubler seems to be doing what it's supposed to.

18. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Thanks!
    Hope the Pvp reward will be doubled!!!
    3000 chronos a day, I could live with that!!!

Ranked 34!

19. Chocomeister

Chocomeister Member

Jul 19, 2016
    It doesn't.

20. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Then the " double ALL chronospheres gain"
    Is inaccurate#

Me sooooooo sad.