Universal Tap Transcend: Rebirth (by Inner Hero)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Inner Hero, Jul 14, 2016.

1. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    Super clever, Chen!

2. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    @InnerHeroStudios:
    Another "nice to have" feature request: Bundle duplicate blueprints with a count attribute. Or, better yet, once a blueprint has been obtained don't offer it again as reward. Instead offer another item or maybe give its 10 cronos Black Market sell price as reward instead.

Thanks!

3. ArtistWolf

ArtistWolf Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2014
    I think a sell back feature is coming for blueprints. I wouldn't want to see them stop dropping though. I might change my mind about my weapons later once I've upgraded and see what stats I have to work with.

Every once in a while, I just make the blueprints I have. It's all low level mats, minus the KP costs.

4. Chen93

Chen93 Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Can't you sell blueprints already? They don't appear as blueprints in the sell screen (they show up as the full item even if you haven't made it yet) but they can be sold for 10 chronos each.

5. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    #365 ArtistWolf, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    You're right! I never noticed that. I think it's because it shows as the completed item and not a blueprint. The problem is I can't seem to figure out which one is which in the sell list. I would rather still a blueprint and not a completed level 1 item. My only way of potentially telling is that the ones further down the list match the ones further down the list in your ship inventory as well. I have so many blueprints for some items thanks to farming, I definitely want to get rid of a few of them.

Also, it shows me I need to read better. I do like the idea scrotty had of like-items stacking.

I'd also like to see higher level items appear higher up on an inventory list. Fabled items first, then level 5, 4, etc.

6. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    @InnerHeroStudios: You've probably already covered it with the Dragons Riposte fix, but the same hang problem can happen on level 48 (Emergency Beacon Virus) Insane mode even though neither friend nor foe ships are Lotuses.

7. Inner Hero

Inner Hero Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    #367 Inner Hero, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    scrotty - the fix I made was for auto-counter as a whole. The error in the code looked like if the ship being destroyed had any auto-counter activated, and then died, it would hold off the rest of the game as a block. This has been fixed in all auto-counter buffs and moves with the next update.

Chen93 - you are correct. You can set up a certain array of ships, hit the PVP button to upload the data, and then come back to the local data and switch your team without affecting the PVP ships.

All - I changed some stuff around in our API for the PVP matchmaking. There is no Apple update required for this since it lives through our web API, so the push should be immediate. You should now be able to get better matches if you are ranked higher. I am still working out some better algorithms soon, but this should definitely make things better for now.

New 3000 chrono pack codes!
    TACODE1
    TACODE2
    TACODE3
    TACODE4
    TACODE5
    TACODE6
    TACODE7
    TACODE8
    TACODE9
    TACODE10
    TACODE11
    TACODE12
    TACODE13
    TACODE14
    TACODE15

We are actively working on the V1.1 update. Apologies this update has been taking longer than expected. We are cutting a couple of things we hoped to do in this update in order to speed it up, but we assure this update will have some new cool stuff.

*edit
    One new cool feature we are adding into V1.1 is an 'endless mode.' This level will keep spawning waves of ships at an increasing strength to see how far you can get. There will be a leaderboard tied in to see who can get the furthest, and we are planning to add some additional stuff into the mix to not make it exactly the same as the story missions! There will also be increasing XP and KP rewards the further you get!

8. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    Hey InnerHero,

Very cool on the upcoming patch. I like the idea of endless mode. I'm also looking forward to the bug fixes and increases in KP.

I noticed the fix to the PvP matchmaking. Good stuff!

Also, I'm glad to hear the fix will be in for the Lotus. Thanks to everyone that helped test out the combat and narrow down that bug, and to you for fixing it.

I tried to redeem any of the 15 codes and was told that all of them had been redeemed. Was I too late to the party again?

Thanks and keep up the great work.

9. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    This sounds really good. I can't wait! :)

10. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    ArtistWolf - yea those codes got eaten alive. Sorry I posted them so late again, I always remember to do it when it is super late. I promise the next batch will be at a reasonable time!

I'm glad you guys like the idea for the endless level! I am almost done with the scout/expedition feature! Next up is the endless level. I am planning to submit V1.1 this upcoming week.

11. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    No apologies needed! I can't complain about free chronospheres. I was just surprised they went that fast. :)

12. Chen93

Chen93 Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Quiet in here lately. Was wondering how most people upgrade their ships. Do you grind all the levels? Or just a couple of the specific levels that drop certain things and then buy the remainder with chronospheres?

Lately I've been using level 10 to get the dragon glass and green things (forget the name) with my 10 daily video resets (reset the power-up that resets all others, use the galaxy reset + drop booster on level 10, complete the last level on impossible and repeat). Still it gets kinda slow. Also I noticed that aside KP, going from purple to fabled takes less chronospheres than going from blue to purple, due to blue to purple have two items that require 20 ofs (even though they're level 2 items they still cost 100 chronos each to speed up).

13. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    I've been grinding. I do similar to you with the combination of ads and power ups to reset cool downs. But I always just start at insane #1 and progress to #50. I'm a little ashamed I haven't tried to optimize payoffs as you have!

14. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    @InnerHero: Minor feature request: Keep the Story difficulty for each level the same as the last selected value. For example, if I last fought level 10 on Insane difficulty, it will default to Insane difficulty from then on.

Thank you!

15. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    #375 scrotty, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    @InnerHero: Just a heads up, there is some sort of rare edge case where a ship is forever "missed". I've actually had it where one of my ships, and one of the AI ships both miss repeatedly forever. I must exit the fight because it will never resolve otherwise.

EDIT: I've noticed it several times on level 43, Insane.

16. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    I've actually been taking a break from the game for a little bit. I still log in daily to collect my chorospheres for PvP, but I don't really fight anyone right now until the Lotus bug gets fixed.

Most of my recent upgrades to ships have been from spending a lot of chronospheres. Typically, I'll spend 2k-8k for a single upgrade. Most of my gear is level 4-6 on all of my ships, with 2 level 3 engines on 2 of my ships.

Prior to taking the break, I generally just ground out materials by doing story missions 1-25 on insane. I stopped at 25 because starting at 26, the enemies have 100% critical hit rate and I was losing too often. With the insane levels having a 100% ship part drop rate, plus the possible drop for that mission as well, it was the best way to farm. If I got all but 1 or 2 items needed for an upgrade, I would specifically target those story missions, or just spend the chronos for the missing parts.

I've been trying to figure out what weapons and armor I want to go after. Right now, I think it's all about getting 3 ships in all fabled or at least level 5 gear. Some of the parts, particularly weapons, are way better than others. It's all about trying to find that balance, but still getting powerful enough in the short-term to make farming go quicker.

I figure once the major update hits, I'll come back and play some more.

17. Chen93

Chen93 Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    So whats happening with this upcoming update? The last post said there'd be a version pushed during the week but that was what, 2 weeks ago?

18. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    Yeah, my interest in the game has started to wane. The top PvP spots are occupied by those with counterattacking ships that I can't beat due to the known bug.

It would have been nice to have that fix released before the wait of new features implementation.

19. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    That bug is the only reason I haven't upgraded my Lotus yet. I want people to have the ability to beat me.

I remember Inner Hero mentioning something about moving a few pages back. Hopefully we'll get a patch soon, if not version 1.1. In the meantime, I'll keep slowly upgrading equipment and ships (minus the Lotus) as I can.

20. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    #380 Inner Hero, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    Hey guys sorry for the long blackout. I've had a lot of things going on that have stopped my progress on TTR, sorry for not mentioning it here earlier. I moved and then got a full-time job. Ontop of my schedule and other things, my time on TTR came to a halt, and I only have some hours during the weekend to work on the project now. V1.1 is so close to complete and I plan to work on it more this weekend. I hope to have it done soon. Sorry for mentioning a date I couldn't deliver on, it was before I moved and got a new job.

We also have started to conceptualize a Tap Transcend 3 (no real title yet as it is just conceptual at this time)

Thanks for the support you guys have given me on my journey! I will continue to develop TTR and TT3 through Inner Hero, but my time has become limited now. I will keep you up to date as V1.1 is ready, and look forward to an all new TT3 in the future that will be an entirely different game from the first 2.