Universal Tap Transcend: Rebirth (by Inner Hero)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Inner Hero, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Finally got to fight Admiral Akbarr today (rank 7). Unfortunately the same issue came up as with Trench - the screen froze after I destroyed his lotus.

The difficulty now is that, in practice, only the 9th and 10th spots in the top 10 are really available - the top 6 can't be attacked and 7 and 8 crash the game.

2. ArtistWolf

ArtistWolf Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2014
    I was able to fight Admiral Akbarr and had the same result. Once again, the PvP froze after the Lotus was killed. I even saved the Lotus for the final kill, and it didn't matter. The timer completely stopped, and nothing else moved. I could hit the auto and pause buttons and interact with them, but nothing made the fight continue.

In looking at TrencH and Akbarr, I think I might know what is causing the problem.

Both of them freeze up after the Lotus is killed. TrencH's is level 9 and Admiral Akbarr's is level 5.

Starting at level 5, the Lotus unlocks the ability "Dragons Riposte".

The lock up could very well be directly tied to that ability attempting to riposte but coming from a ship that has been destroyed. Just a thought.

3. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    That's a really good observation, ArtistWolf. One of my recent "stuck battles" was in story mode, but I think it was triggered by that condition too.

4. Chen93

Chen93 Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    The implication of that would be to shoot the Lotus first before it can act. I also just upgraded my lotus to 5 (should be done in ~6 hours). Perhaps people can test that and see if they crash vs me at this point. If so it provides pretty good evidence that the riposte ability is the issue. Hopefully that can fixed fairly quick. Also hopefully SOMETHING can be looked at for the matchmaking too.

5. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    I just destroyed the lotus as early as possible against both Trench and Admiral A and it still froze up.

My ships aren't as fast as theirs and my lotus is my fastest, but not strong enough to destroy the other ship. So the opponent's lotus had already used counter-attack in both cases before it was destroyed on about the 5th attack of the battle: 3 opponent ships attack, my lotus attacks (triggering counter-attack) then my thunderbolt attacks and destroys the lotus, causing the game to hang.

6. Moha die Boa

Moha die Boa Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Aww thats why I (Admiral Akbarr) don't fall in ranks in PVP #
    Your theory about the dragons reposte seems plausible to me.

7. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    Admiral Akbarr has been defeated.

I have pretty fast ships, and I took down his Lotus before it was able to act. Everything else worked as it should and there were no lock ups.

8. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    There's a "It's a Trap!!" joke about attacking you and freezing up somewhere in there :)

9. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    #349 ArtistWolf, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Alright, I did another test against Admiral Akbarr, only I left the Lotus alone so it could have a chance to act. It was able to fire at me on its first move, and it used counter twice. The instant it was destroyed, PvP locked up. The timer continues to run since he had a ship still alive, but the result is still a lock.

I would also add that even if the Lotus doesn't actually get a counter attack, but gets to act, it will still lock. I don't have it unlocked on mine, but is it a passive ability or one that needs to be activated on your turn?

I think based on all of that data, both in making it lock and successfully getting through a PvP match without a lock up, the Dragons Riposte is definitely the reason PvP is locking up.

10. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    #350 scrotty, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Yep, Dragons Riposte definitely causes fight freeze. I just today upgraded my own Lotus to level 5. When I use Dragons Riposte the game will freeze if my Lotus is destroyed. Presumably the game is waiting for the Lotus to riposte, but it can't because it's dead. Commence endless hang...

It actually sucks even more if you're the one with the level 5+ Lotus. I can't go very far in Insane Story mode anymore (at least using auto pilot) because it locks up frequently (every time my Lotus is destroyed). And to add insult to injury, the cool-down timer for the planet is still in effect even though the battle didn't finish.

11. Moha die Boa

Moha die Boa Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Thats right, I experienced similar things.

12. Inner Hero

Inner Hero Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Hey guys, sorry I've been inactive for a while. I have been in the process of moving and didn't check TA for a couple days.

You guys are awesome, thanks for figuring that one out for me without even needing code! I looked over the code and indeed saw a small error in the implementation of auto counter. This is already fixed now and will be in the next update. I started the ship scout feature and should have it done soon. Then I will build the population work feature. I plan to have a lot of time this weekend to get V1.1 out the door asap!

13. Moha die Boa

Moha die Boa Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Nice, can't wait for new features!
    Level 50 insane is done :)
    Keep up the good work and don't worry for the little timeout you had, you deserved it.

14. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Perhaps those with lvl 5 Lotus could switch it out for another craft until the update drops?
    It does not cost much to make a lvl 1 ship and you can load it up with all your equipment.
    That would solve scrotty's problem with the map and would allow a bit more movement in the top 10. If 1 more person gets a lvl 5 lotus then I am locked out in the cheap seats!

15. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    #355 scrotty, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Yep, I hear you cluckin', Kane. I'll do that so you at least have me to beat up on!

EDIT: Done. My Lotus is back in the hangar, replaced with a scrub unit until the patch for Dragons Riposte. (Go easy on me! ;^)

16. Inner Hero

Inner Hero Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    That's nice of you scrotty for the other guys :D

I just wanted to give a heads up that when you select new ships the data remains local to your device, it is only when you press the PVP button that the data gets transferred to the inter webs. This is the way it currently works as I was trying to keep webcalls to a minimum.

17. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Haha - nice, Scrotty. Appreciated.

18. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Lvl 3 Skyguard isn't so bad, anyway.
    Quite interested to know how its tanking abilities work out.

19. Chen93

Chen93 Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    So I can setup my scrub ship, press PvP and then re-equip my Lotus so I can use it to farm and PvP will still be fighting the scrub one until I press the PvP button again?

20. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    You know, I think I'll have to find out. I never gave it much attention, but it actually has some pretty appealing benefits...