Universal Tap Transcend: Rebirth (by Inner Hero)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Inner Hero, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Sorry - it's not the corsair.
    Just checked again and took a screenshot, but can't upload it.
    The model appears to be the lotus with the 4 wings closed.
    So you can see the central body of the lotus, with 2 white wing tips extending out behind it in line with the central body. You also see the blue engine glow.
    But the wings are not extended, so you don't have the 4 wings sticking out, which is what threw me.
    Just defeated it with a normal attack by a Partisan and it froze up again.

2. Inner Hero

Inner Hero Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Kane2505 - I just defeated a lotus in PvP and it did not freeze. Did the lotus in your match happen to have a buff icon? I'm trying to narrow down the problem.

3. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    I don't think it had a buff but will check once my PVP refreshes.
    I am currently in Portugal and there don't seem to be many videos available over here to refresh things.

4. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    Another future feature idea: Hangar Cargo Space. A way to save resources across a Transcend. Each level would increase the number of items that could be marked as "transcend proof".

"Want to keep your 5 Neurotransmitters? Build some space in your hangar and shove 'em in there before you transcend!"

5. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    No buff on that lotus, Inner Hero.
    Destroyed with my Partisan - basic attack, first shot it made. No buffs on any craft. Froze immediately after.

6. Blake8069

Blake8069 Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Scrotty is a genius I second the cargo hanger idea. I also noticed an awesome marketing idea if your interested. In the game egg, inc. which is an idle game they sell a premium pack that adds one gold egg for every time you upgrade (that's the premium currency in that game) or buy something normally it's saved in a piggy bank that grows over time. Then for $2.99 you can buy everything in the piggy bank. It's not the type of game I usually spend money on but every time my piggy bank gets over the value of the $20 pack I buy it. It makes it where people who don't normally spend money will and it's only useful if you play regularly because it takes like a week to get it to be worth it. Just a something I thought I'd share because that's the only game I've seen have that and I think it's genius from a marketing stand point.

7. Moha die Boa

Moha die Boa Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Yes sir!

8. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    scrotty - it seems you have created a popular feature request. I am thinking of potential ways to implement this into our game. It would probably be implemented in a way as you suggested where you have an upgradeable 'capsule' or hangar cargo whatever we end up calling it, and that is upgradeable over transcends or with chronos. Maybe starting with like 10 slots, all the way up to infinity where it upgrades x amount of slots per transcend or per chrono. Then you would come to your inventory view before transcending, and select which resources, and how much of each you want to bring with you to the other side until you hit your current capacity. It will probably require a new tutorial and a new view as well, but it looks like a winner to me. What kinds of numbers do you guys have in mind for storage space and costs etc..

I am about to get back into the grind of things, sorry this update is holding up so long. I just moved, and I have some other things going on that have blocked me from coding as much as I like to.

Blake8069 - that is an interesting concept. I played Egg Inc a bit when it came out, but I was so busy on the first rounds of updates for TTR I never got to get far into it. I will look back into it and check that out and see if there is anyway we could incorporate something similar in TTR. I prefer the straight chrono packs as we have now, but I will need to look deeper into it. Thanks for bringing it up!

Kane2505 - I will do more research into this, is it always with the Partisan, or does it not matter which ship for you?

9. Chen93

Chen93 Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    So definitely agree with the idea of storing items since I had to lose a bunch of third tier items since I needed to transcend to get some items for a fabled component.

On a note there, I found I needed to get the light prism and stable gyroscope twice before they showed as being available to make my fabled item. Thats not normal is it? Also I noticed I dont seem to see the damage numbers enemies are doing to me during the story (I do see it in PvP). This is only on insane at the higher levels that I've noticed since lower levels enemies tend to die before they shoot.

The first wave of each combat in story auto completing is still ocurring too (it makes farming faster so not really complaining but its still odd).

10. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    #330 scrotty, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    WRONG -->: I believe so. Check out the wiki on heirlooms (one of the few sections competed). You have to collect three of each to unlock.

Sorry, what I wrote above was incorrect. That you had to get two light prisms and two gyroscopes to make a fabled item seems like a bug to me in my current understanding of the game.

11. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I have been building fabled items for all of my ships. One ship all fabled the other 2 have fabled weapons and now working on the rest. As far as I know I have only needed one of each item to make a fabled item. I have no idea if some items (like a new weapon or shield) that I don't have might have higher requirements (such as 2-3 Pink Floyd crystals instead of 1)

I do know that as I transcend and if I choose a item like the gyroscope it won't appear as a usable inventory item right away. There is a slight delay. I usually m just level up my GP a few levels and I see it in my inventory.

12. Chen93

Chen93 Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Im pretty sure what I meantioned was a bug. To clarify I chose a light prism when transcending and then when I checked the fabled item requirements it showed 0/1. When I picked the second one after the next transcend it then showed 1/1. Same with the gyroscope. Dont believe I needed to do it with the sword since I had only picked it once and its showing 1/1. I did get that one quite a while ago though.

13. Fireman4200

Fireman4200 Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Bartender
    Idaho
    How do you get "harness fire"? I've been getting more and more elements and raw planetary resources. Still haven't been able to buy it. Wish it would should what you needed to get these. Great fun tap game though! So much better then most! Really enjoying it! :)

14. ArtistWolf

ArtistWolf Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2014
    #334 ArtistWolf, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    PvP just froze up against TrencH. Rounds went something like this:

1. My Lotus attacks his Thunderbolt with a normal attack.
    2. My Thunderbolt uses First Assault to kill his Thunderbolt.
    3. His Retribution kills my Partisan with normal attacks.
    4. His Lotus kills my Lotus with normal attacks.
    5. My Thunderbolt uses First Assault to kill his Lotus.
    6. PvP freezes, but the timer keeps ticking.

It was down to his Retribution against my Thunderbolt. Like Kane, it froze after killing TrencH's Lotus. No ships had debuffs on them, but a special attack was used in the killing blow against the Lotus.

Hope that helps a little.

Edit: I'll add that I was manually trapping and not on auto.

15. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Fireman4200 - if you click 'requirements' in the top right corner of the upgrade cell it will show you which items the upgrade requires. Hope this helps!

ArtistWolf - Thanks for being so specific. It will give me more details to track this bug down!

16. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I have a friend who has this game and some weird is going on. They got the space station but for some reason they cannot transcend. She just started and it would be her first transcend but there is nothing open for her to hit that option. I took a look at what she had and I cannot see why she would not have it. I thought that getting the space station was the trigger. Is there something that she is missing?

17. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    Never mind, she had to go through some of the storyline. She is on track now.

18. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    #338 scrotty, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Wow, overnight I've dropped about 5 spots in the PvP rankings and no longer even have access to 1-10 opponents (except for trencH, who's apparently a broken fight).

And it's not like I haven't been grinding! We must have some new blood working hard!

19. ArtistWolf

ArtistWolf Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Yeah, I think I was down to 14 or so this morning. The good news is that your daily pvp reward is for what bracket you are in at the time you collect the reward. This means you can be in the 11-20 bracket, fight a few fights to get back in the top 10, then collect your daily reward for being in the top 10.

20. Chen93

Chen93 Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Similarly I started at 10 today and only Trench at 9 was a rank above me. Everyone else was below and it didn't change as I did my matches. There should ALWAYS be someone above you in rank for you to be able to fight, else it's just silly. It's not like the PvP rewards are anything that great anyways for the individual fights. I'd be ok if they had unmatched opponents above you. It would at least let you know what to focus on to try and level more. Having only people below you makes the PvP kinda pointless and you get stuck at whatever rank the matchmaking wants to give you.

Not to mention Trench is WAY over my current level too so I have no idea how high the other people must be above that, if the matchmaking isn't letting us get matched.