Universal Tap Transcend: Rebirth (by Inner Hero)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Inner Hero, Jul 14, 2016.

1. ArtistWolf

ArtistWolf Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2014
    #301 ArtistWolf, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    I've experienced that too. I've had the attack buttons fail to come up in a PvP match, which forces you to quit the game. I've tried waiting the timer out, but that didn't do anything.

I also agree that finding people to go up against is difficult. There are about 6 people I flip flop with here, and most of them are active on this thread.

By the way, I'd like to just take a second and say I really enjoy the community we have here on this thread and in the game. It's been fun conversing with everyone, sharing ideas, and enjoying such a fun game.

2. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    #302 scrotty, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    One thing I really like about the PvP, though, is how non-confrontational it is. As ArtistWolf pointed out, several of us chew up each other's ships day in and day out. But I don't get taunting feedback that I've just been licked by someone. So when I do PvP, I think of myself simply trying to beat a dumb AI that's been put inside another competitor's ships - not that I'm truly facing wits with ArtistWolf in the flesh, say.

I can imagine others who might feel that it's frustratingly non-confrontational. But I like how it's been implemented. It sure hasn't stopped me from buying a couple crono packs to keep up with the Joneses! I swear every day I make my fleet stronger but find myself only treading water in the rankings.

3. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Does the amount of kp you get scale on the aegos heirloom? I guess it would help a lot in the beginning, but then not be as useful later on.

What does the swarm and he scout ships actually do?

Finally, any advise on when to transcend? It seems like, at this point, early on, I should transcend a lot for the heirlooms. It looks like it takes a really high population to increase the gp bonus.

4. Inner Hero

Inner Hero Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Solarclipse - always good to see new people playing TTR.

Aao's Aegis is a KP/tap heirloom that is stackable. At this current time you can stack it up to 10 times. Each time will double the amount, with the first one starting at 1KP/tap. This way, the heirloom maxed out will be 512KP/tap. We are considering adding some additional stacks in the next update, but we are introducing several other ways to gain KP as mentioned in earlier posts.

Each scout ship will gain you between 10% and 20% of your current GP capacity. The scout swarm will spawn a new scout ship every second until the timer runs out. This is probably the most overpowered way to get GP, as you can usually upgrade your capacity twice and fill the bar up quite a bit. We are considering to drop the GP gain a bit at some point, but it is my favorite way to get GP!

The right time to transcend is up to you. Everyone here might have a different answer. As for me, I would transcend a couple times in the beginning to gain some good heirlooms, then start focusing on my ships until I am up a few levels, and then go back to transcending for some ship heirlooms, and then sort of go back and forth.

TrencH, ArtistWolf, scrotty - I am still looking into ways to get the PvP matchmaking a bit more fluid. I definitely did not get it right the first time. I was also the only one testing PvP during development, so I did not get to test on large pools of players.

Blake8069 - I don't mind that idea of enemy scout ships giving off GP or KP.. I am going to talk with my partner about it. We are adding in the scout feature for your ships to scout the map. This will idle KP and resources while you are away, or in. Unfortunately some things came up, and I had to put the update on hold. I am starting back on Thursday in full dev-mode (which means I am behind the code for every waking hour :D ). This way the update will be done very fast after I get back with my partner.

5. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Just a tiny bug report:

When you upgrade a ship, the upgrade screen under reports the attack multiplier of the existing ship. For me it is 0.1 on all ships.

I don't know whether that carries through into a lower attack buff than intended.

For my Partisan, for example, the upgrade screen says that moving from lvl 2 to lvl 3 will increase the attack multiplier from 1.85 to 1.98.

In fact, the existing multiplier is 1.95. A buff of 0.03 is pretty small. 0.13 is quite significant. Not sure which is intended.

I would check to see what the actual buff is but don't have the mats to upgrade atm.

Btw: would agree that the TA community for this game is really good. And the dev support even better. This game is a really impressive achievement from such a small team. Congratulations and I hope the audience continues to grow. The game deserves it.

6. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Also I agree with Scrotty that the PVP has been implemented in a nice way.

But for myself - I don't mind a bit of trash talk!

7. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    @inner hero, thank you for the tips, and the time you are making to check in here at the forum. I left a review in the App Store as well, wish you tons of success with this.

I'm assuming the GP bonuses from when you transcend all stack, but it would be nice to have a stats page. Or am I missing it?

8. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Kane2505 - Thanks for pointing that out. The way the ship heirlooms work is they are added in at that level. I am assuming you have 5 of the Irradiating Dragon Claw heirlooms. Each increases attack by 2%, or 0.02 additional multiplier. Thus your actual multiplier looks to be 0.1 higher than what is shown as a base multiplier. We eventually want to add a cool ship stat sheet that shows more detail on all the contributing factors as well as explaining each stat in detail. Can you confirm with me this is the case?

Solarclipse - correct all the transcending perks stack. We actually do not have a stat sheet anywhere in the game. It would be a good idea to add one eventually since it is a clicker game at its core. Thanks for making note on that.

9. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Inner hero - yes absolutely right. I have 5 of those so there's a 10% buff.
    Sorry - not a bug at all.

BTW: the PVP freeze is always against Trench and it freezes every time, it seems. Perhaps there is a particular high energy special on one of his ships that is triggered that causes it? Seems to happen just when his ship is supposed to attack.

10. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    I quit fighting TrencH. He continually crushes me, haha!

11. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Kane2505 - anyway you can help me single out which ship it happens on? It might be a special move algorithm that isn't working properly. This could potentially be the reason you guys are reporting some battles freezing up.

Thanks

12. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I will make sure to pay attention to my ships too.

13. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    Yeah, well if it's any consolation I bought some of my progression. I did get plenty of orbs from all my resets though. It adds up (plus some of my spending). I love the game but don't always have time to play like I want so I kickstart myself.

Kudos to those who have just bought the doublers and stuff like that a made to where you are. Much respect!

14. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    No such luck.
    Just fought Trench again.
    I destroyed all his ships, finishing off his corsair last and then it froze up, before the victory message.
    Timer paused too (which usually doesn't happen, I think, but unsure).

Will keep trying and report back.

15. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    I figure if there is a way to buy some progression, there's no reason to be upset over anyone that does that. :) I'll eventually catch up and give it another shot. Best I've done so far against you is take out 2 out of 3 ships. At this point, you're definitely a challenge and a goal for me in PvP.

I just got my first fabled item tonight, but other upgrades are slow going. It's the KP that's holding me back in most cases.

I started off only purchasing the removal of ads. Just this week I purchased the chrono doubler and 6x tap increase. I wanted to help throw some more support in while increasing my transcend speed (66 and counting).

16. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Ok so my Trench testing continues.
    This time I took out his corsair first and the fight immediately froze when I destroyed it. So it must be something to do with that ship.
    Would be interesting to know whether others are experiencing freezes when they defeat a corsair.
    Timer continued to count down - in case that is relevant.

17. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I have the Retrobution, Lotus, and Thunderbolt. I also have the Excalibur but it's unequiped right now. I am not sure where the Corsair is coming from (unless you said it in error). If there is anything you would like me to test please let me know.

18. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Hey guys thanks for helping me try figure this out.

Kane2505 - I just tested a PvP match a destroyed a Corsair first with no freeze up and I ended up winning the match. I have 3 follow up questions that could help me narrow it down:
    1) which ship were you attacking with?
    2) were you using a specific special move with that ship?
    3) were you in auto mode?

Thanks!

19. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    TrencH - that's weird. The PVP screen shows you have a lotus but then in the actual battle you appear to have a corsair.
    Just did it again to check. Will take a screenshot next time.

20. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    I also defeated another corsair without problems.
    Could it be related to the fact that TrencH does not actually have a corsair?

Just did it again to test and it froze again.

In answer to your questions:

1. First time: probably with the Thunderbolt. 2nd: was def the Thunderbolt. Tried with Partisan but did not quite take it out. Will try again with Partisan.
    2. First time almost certainly used First Assault. Second time just basic attack.
    3. No not in auto.