Universal Tap Transcend: Rebirth (by Inner Hero)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Inner Hero, Jul 14, 2016.

1. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    I got 3.0e3 ;) for TACODE6. Thank you!

2. ArtistWolf

ArtistWolf Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Seriously!? All codes have been used that fast!? Wow!

3. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    #283 scrotty, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    My condolences, AW. It doesn't help that they seem to come out when I'm asleep for the night. I missed out on the last one and apparently got the last one this time.

@InnerHero: What would you think about a player-to-player market? It could be as basic as allowing players to mark certain resources and/or components as "for sale" and then letting the game set the price and offer a player-market for others to buy those items from. And it could get as advanced as creating a mini-ebay where players could set a minimum "reserve" for their item to auction. Players would have, say, 6 or 12 or 24 hours (or maybe each day is a new auction) to bid on items (payable via cronos). At the end of the time the player who bid the highest* for an item wins it. The cronos are deducted from their account, given to the selling player, and the sale item is given to them**.

Depending on how deep you went with such an idea it could become a game in itself! (And perhaps beyond the scope of TT:R).

* I would suggest using the Vickrey Auction style - similar to what eBay does.
    ** You could even add a tapping mechanic whereby the sold item is "in transit" from selling player to buying player - a process that takes x hours. Tapping - as is already done for item upgrading - would reduce the transit time between player hangars.

4. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    Thanks scrotty. Congrats on snagging the last code. :)

I've had the same problem where they come out while I'm sleeping and missed out on the last two. I'm also casually playing while on vacation, so I'm not checking the forums as often as I normally might. Hopefully I'll catch another batch in the future.

5. Chen93

Chen93 Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    How exactly does the tap# work in combat? I assume the number of taps is what you need for 100% attack power. I find I get very close to 200% if I tap near double the tap number. However if I tap significantly higher I see to get lower %. Like I hit 60 taps on a 22 tap ship and got 174%. Yet hitting 54 taps on a 26 tap ship got me 194%. Is there a large random aspect here or possibly some sort of roll-over bug?

6. Inner Hero

Inner Hero Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Guys, sorry I keep posting these codes so late, I will post another batch at a reasonable time tomorrow.

scrotty - I like that idea of a trading market. It will not be in the next update, but it is written down for the future!

Chen93 - Thanks for pointing that out. It seems I was experimenting during development and didn't switch it back to a pure linear scale. The way it works now is linear from 75% to 170% based on tap#, and then random between 170% and 200%. I will switch it back to a pure linear 75% to 200% in the next update. Thanks!

7. Inner Hero

Inner Hero Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    As promised, a new batch of codes at a more reasonable time.

Same lottery as last time.. Each pack has 3,000 chronos, but 1 lucky pack has 10,000, and 1 unlucky pack has 100! I switched them up, so the 10k pack is not the same code as last time.

Let us know if you get the lucky pack! (or the unlucky one) :D

New chrono lottery codes
    TACODE1
    TACODE2
    TACODE3
    TACODE4
    TACODE5
    TACODE6
    TACODE7
    TACODE8
    TACODE9
    TACODE10

8. Rigel

Rigel Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Redeemed Tacode5 and received 10k. Winner winner, chicken dinner.

9. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    TACODE1 for 3,000. Thank you, again!

10. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    Redeemed code TACODE2 for 3,000. Yay! Thank you for posting them a little earlier this batch!

@Kane
    I have to ask. What is the evasion rating of your Thunderbolt? It dodges like crazy and that's without the evasion special on. I've seen it dodge 3 out of 4 attack a few times. :)

On a similar note, RNG hates me lately.

11. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    TACODE3 redeemed. 3000. Thanks!

12. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Evasion currently at 23%. Gotta love the Echo.
    Attack now at 2839, 106% hit and 26% crit. Fear me!

13. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    I know I fear you, haha! I can't beat you in PvP much anymore. Nice work!

And as I said, RNG hates me lately, because for 23% evasion, it loves rolling it for you. :)

My Thunderbolt is only at 1287 attack, 97% crit (which misses a lot), and 22% crit. I have two level 5 weapons but only level 4 shield, engine, and cockpit. I've gone back to transcending to get the materials to get the weapons up to fabled level, but then it's back to grinding ship parts.

14. Blake8069

Blake8069 Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Bug

My phones been out for a week so I haven't been able to play till about two days ago and I've noticed it's still having the bug with the ad crashing. I was also wondering when v1.1 is coming down the line or if you had an idea of an eta for it, while I was away for a whole week I came back and only had had like 8E10 KP I already have the double KP item but I'm still only generating 1e5 KP per second. I know we had talked about a scout function but you weren't sure when you were going to add it in. Considering how valuable KP I was wondering if you were planning on making it easier to get in the next update. I usually end up farming all the items I can then having to just pay for the KP and the few remaining items. Even if I fast forward 3hrs I never have enough of it. It may be easier just to have the option for the scout ships to give off KP or GP and you could switch it back and fourth and it could give you like 10 percent of your total KP for each one you pop. That's how I get my GP levels high is through the scout swarm. Just a thought.

15. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Quick question: what's the chrono for? Got to the part where I can start building ships and I'm debating on quick buying with chrono, but I'm afraid chrono has some bigger purchasing importance than fast- tracking.

16. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    #296 scrotty, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Chronos are the base currency in the game. With them you can buy everything else. For example, if you only have 3 of 10 resources required to upgrade a component on a ship, the game will let you pay for the missing resources with cronos. Or if you don't want to wait/tap for 4 hours to complete an upgrade, the game will let you buy the timer down to zero. You can also use them in the Black Market to buy components outright.

So, as you suspect, chronos are for fast-tracking. But there are some times where you should skip the convenience of the cronos fast-track and just grind a bit with story mode battles. You can pretty quickly pick up resources as rewards in battle. Then you will find that you never (depending on your level) get some required resources as rewards. Those are the ones you should use your chronos on.

I also typically don't pay down a timer with cronos unless it is a long wait. I can pretty quickly tap 8 hours or less rather than wasting a couple hundred cronos.

But don't be afraid to use your cronos - you'll get more either via rebuilding after a transcend, in PvP battle, or even via the roulette wheel. (And if you regularly visit this forum, you'll get in on the cronos codes Inner Hero Studio drops!)

Finally, I'm not aware of anything "grander" in the potential value of cronos. They're a typical f2p mechanic done well in this game.

Just my 2c.

17. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Thanks a ton man!!

That's exactly what I was looking for. Just wanted to make sure it was safe to use chrono (sparingly) without finding out that I should have saved all I could for xyz down the road.

18. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    @Inner Hero
    I've been spending a lot of time farming on the insane story levels. Starting on level 26, the enemies have a 100% crit rate. I'm all for the difficulty increasing with more armor, shields, HP, and overall attack, but giving the enemies 100% crit severely inflates the difficulty. Rather than have a long, drawn out battle, it becomes a race to kill all enemies before they have a chance to fire.

Was this intentional to do on the insane levels? The normal and hard levels don't seem to have this.

19. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    PVP seems to have gone a bit wrong atm.
    I won a battle against rank 7 but did not gain ranks as a result.
    Next battle froze half way through (has happened 3 times and always against Trench).
    Not sure there's anything particularly unusual about what I did, so probably not a very helpful bug report!

20. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I have had my pvp battles freeze up quite a lot too. I used auto a lot so I don't know if that was a factor for my issues.

I think it's really hard to find players above you to attack too. I think pvp needs the most work out of everything in this game.