Universal Tap Transcend: Rebirth (by Inner Hero)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Inner Hero, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Moha die Boa

Moha die Boa Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Loving the idea with the jobs for the population!
    Also the scout ships sounds like an organic extension to the game! Can't wait for it!

2. Chen93

Chen93 Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    @Inner Hero
    Those additikns sound great. Loving this game and appreciate the support you're putting into the game.

Some other thiughts of mine on ship special abilities: People may not like this but the first ability on the N-36 Thunderbolt is insanely broken balance wise. It takes super low energy to use (can easily use it every round) and does ridiculous damage. I think its energy cost needs to be increased somewhat. If you focus on energy (like the ESO shield) you should be able to use it every round. But right now you can focus on damage (agressor shield) and STILL use the canon every round. I also think other specials need to be reduced in energy cost. The A11 lotus' first ability does less damage than the N-36 has a minor extra effect (10% hull famage for two rounds) and costs like 3x the energy. With an ESO shield and two lasers for energy I can use it every second round. This is fully focussed on energy. It should probably have its cost reduced a bit.

Basically all the abilities need to be rehashed in terms of energy cost and many in effect. Many are just not worth it. Battles end so fast (possibly due to the broken N-36 ability) that buffs are almost pointless. Ironically the only useful one is again on the N-36 and its the speed one since it often gets and extra turn because of it thus making it worthwhile. Either buff effects need to be increased in value or you need to be able to buff and then act again quicker.

To everyone else, what kind of loadouts are you using. As mentioned above I've focussed my A11 on energy so I can use its ability fairly frequently. My other two have agressor shields. Using Proteus engines and 505mm guns on the other two. May move over to Feedback cannons when I get enough blueprints. For computers I'm using the Triot one on two ships and an Excal on another. I've assembled another Triot just need to upgrade it.

3. ArtistWolf

ArtistWolf Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2014
    #263 ArtistWolf, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    @Chen93

I have to agree with you that the N-35 Thunderbolt's First Assault ability is unbalanced when you compare its energy cost and damage to the abilities of other ships. I'm torn when it comes to nerfing it though.

In PvP, it definitely becomes a race to use it as quickly as possible to eliminate the opponent's Thunderbolt, and then the other ships. Battles are over too fast to really utilize other abilities on other ships.

In PvE however, it's the same ship and ability that let you farm for ship parts and KP on auto. Right now, I can go up to level 25 on insane mode by just setting it to auto after selecting a planet each time. Insane levels are guaranteed drops for ship parts, instead of getting ore or bars that you get from normal and hard. Since wave 1 is considerably tougher than waves 2 and 3, you almost have to have this ship to get anything done later. I've currently completed 1.76e3 story missions because of that ship.

There definitely needs to be some additional abilities brought up to par to allow farming to continue.

As far as my gear goes, I actually haven't been putting specific pieces on specific ships just yet. I managed to get "green" gear, plus 2 pieces of "blue" gear, on all of my ships via the black market before really upgrading anything. Now that I've done that, I'm working on upgrading gear and experimenting more since getting parts is easier.

I generally try and stack up speed, energy and attack. I also try not to miss keeping +hit up as high as I can. All 3 of my ships have hit somewhere between 97-98. Despite that, it is still incredibly frustrating to miss 2 shots in a row at that level.

I'm using Vulcan engines on 2 of my 3 for the extra +hit. I like the F241 cockpits for the high HP, crit and other stats. The shields are all over the place for me, but I like ESO shields for the high energy. Weapons tend to be 1 rapid fire gun and one big hitter like a missile or laser. It really depends on what hit vs crit vs damage balance I can get. My Thunderbolt uses level 4 406mm guns and level 5 Feedback Cannon.

It's nice to start talking tactics and loadouts!

4. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    I must admit you're right with the N-35.
    It could be nerfed.
    But it will be a great loss for parts grinding.
    Since we only have 3 fight a day and maybe 100 story combat a day. I would leave it that way.
    I would change other ships special though.
    Most of ´em are just not really useful.

Blue Triot Zx-4 on all three ships
    505mm-k3 on 2 ships.
    1 Mp canon and Fission canon on the other one.
    And I use 3 different shield.
    3 different thrusters too.

Trying to put Blue everywhere before leveling up my ship again.

5. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    #265 scrotty, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    You've been playing this game too much, ArtistWolf. And I don't say this because you've done 1760 story missions, but rather because you use E notation when talking about it! :)

6. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    Haha! You're probably right on all of that.

7. Chen93

Chen93 Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    I do kinda agree that story missions would end up being a pain without the N-35. I suppose the alternative to nerfing is to bringn up the strength of the other specials. Would make PvP even more rocket tag though.

Im also wondering about some mechanics. Does armor resuce shield danage? How much do shields restore each round? How exactly is armor vs damage calculated? Is there a difference between single hit weapons (big missiles, lasers) and multi hit ones (guns, missile volleys)? Like if I had a gun with the exact same stats as a beam would there be a mechanical difference between them? Or is it just thematics?

8. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    Game Wiki

So I established a game wiki: http://tap-transcend-rebirth.wikia.com/wiki/Tap_Transcend:_Rebirth_Wikia

It's empty right now except for a Table of Contents of what I think would be good to cover. But I'm happy to change organization and/or substance if others have better ideas.

I will slowly start working through these sections. But I would loooove contribution from others! We don't need to build sections in any order. So if, for example, you really want to talk about the way you like to fight in PvP, you could dive right in to the "Strategy -> Fighting" page. Or if you want to list the different shield varieties, you can start the "Game Artifacts -> Ships -> Ship Components -> Shields" section.

If/when others contribute sections I'll also happily serve as editor.

By the way, I am new to Wikia. So apologies in advance if I break etiquette or otherwise make a mess of things. :)

9. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    My load out favours attack - not for any tactical reason but just because I like breaking stuff.

I have triot cockpits. My main has a 406 and a 505. I have them levelled up high (2 fabled and 1 purple component). It has an echo engine for evade and I have ignored shield (currently a green heartcore).

Hit, attack, speed and tap reduction are pretty tasty.

Am going to start levelling equipment on one of my other ships now. But will prob keep a 406 on each one for the crazy tap reduction (-10 at fabled).

10. ArtistWolf

Sep 4, 2014
    Tapping usually isn't a problem for me, so I tend to go for other stats in cockpits. I did lower the overall taps needed for the Partisan since it has a base of 35. When I do decide to tap in combat, I easily hit around the 50-60 tap range. I think my personal best is 78 taps.

11. Inner Hero

Inner Hero Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Chen93 - the way armor works is it reduces incoming damage to the ship after shield damage has been calculated. The calculations work as follows: (I also answered some other of your questions below)

Total attack algorithm
    - Attack strength first hits the shield. If an attack is 200, and the shield is 100, the attack will destroy the shield and have 100 left towards the ship. If attack is 50 and shield is 100, the attack will only hit the shield leaving 50 shield over and no damage to the ship.

- Next armor comes into play. If there is remaining attack after the shields, armor further reduces the attack strength by a percentage. The first 255 points on an armor stat create a linear scale from 0% to 50% reduction. So in other words, if the ship in the first situation above has 255 armor stat, the remaining 100 attack power will reduce by 50% to 50. The ship will have 100 attack towards the shield, 50 lost in the armor, and 50 applied directly to the ship. When armor stats raise above 255, they start to scale a bit differently. They will scale from 50% to 70% reduction coming linearly from 255 armor stat to 2000 armor stat. The max armor reduction is currently 70%.

- Finally the left over attack from the 2 calculations above is applied directly to the ship's HP.

Turn-based regens
    - Shield: each turn a ship takes, its shield will replenish 10%. Some ships have buffs that increase this to larger amounts.
    - Energy: each turn a ship takes, its energy will replenish 20%. Some ship buffs increase this to larger amounts.

Single vs. Multi hit attacks
    - This is purely graphic. The pure attack number is the same. If ballistics have 200 attack, and a laser has 200 attack, they will do the same attack (taking into account the same armor on the enemy, and the same % attack power coming from tap or random auto).
    In auto mode, the attack power will vary from 90% to 110%. In manual mode, the attack will range from 75% to 200%.

scrotty - Thanks for creating that wiki page. I will gladly help out. If you need access to any of the game data let me know. I have all the data in googlesheets that contain pretty much the entire game's structure from ship stats to gear stats to heirlooms. I will try make this public (read-only) so you guys can check it out.

Everyone that responded recently - I'm happy to see some people are experimenting with certain ship/gear combos. I did not have much time to try everything out since I was in hard-core dev mode, and couldn't take time away from programing. We are planning a new story map in V1.2 (after 1.1 releases) which will be a MUCH harder map. Pretty much taking off where level 50 insane ended. This way you will need the ship prestige and gear prestige we have mentioned. I am looking forward to some 3 star ships in the future!

12. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    That would be supremely helpful! Thank you for offering to provide it!

13. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I don't know if i missed this earlier in the thread but I am getting stalls which force me to quit pvp or PvE. It usually happens when 1 of my ships get blown up. Has anyone heard of this? I also had the pvp retry video keep spinning (although I believe this might be because of connection speed. The freezing up on pvp and pve happens everywhere randomly (regardless of solid wifi or bad LTE connection). Anyone else or am I the Lone Ranger?

14. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    Yes, this happened to me twice yesterday. Each time I had won the PvP battle but my ships did not exit the top of the screen. They just hung out at the bottom seemingly waiting for more fighting action - which never comes. Both times I had to force quit the app (and lose that PvP action) to "resolve" the problem.

I wasn't really paying attention the first time it happened. But the second time I did something that I thought could have reasonably been a contributing factor: I turned on auto-pilot for the last shot. Maybe I confused the game? I'm not sure but haven't used auto-pilot in PvP battles since.

15. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    In all my instances I was using autopilot. Good point. Hopefully they can resolve this issue. In the meantime I guess I better do my own tapping in fights. =]

16. Inner Hero

Inner Hero Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Thanks to bring that to my attention guys. So much work to do in this update, and I haven't had much time to contribute to TTR this week. Hopefully we can have everything fixed plus all the new features soon!

Here's the next batch of codes. I switched it up again this time. Each code contains 3,000 chronospheres, BUT... I added a massive pack of 10,000 chronos in there for someone lucky, and a small pack of only 100 for someone unlucky!

If you are the lucky, or the unlucky.. let us know! :D

Good luck!

Chrono pack lottery
    TACODE1
    TACODE2
    TACODE3
    TACODE4
    TACODE5
    TACODE6
    TACODE7
    TACODE8
    TACODE9
    TACODE10

17. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Welp, 7 was the 100.

Alas!

18. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Tacode5 was 3000!
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

19. Chen93

Chen93 Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Tacode4 was 3k.

@TrencH: I've also had the lockup in combat. Its rare but I havent found any common cause yet. Happened once during auto and once when manually tapping.

@Inner hero: thanks for the mechanics information! Seems that means armor is worth a lot more than shields, at least at the lower levels.

20. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I got TACODE2 3000