Universal Tap Transcend: Rebirth (by Inner Hero)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Inner Hero, Jul 14, 2016.

1. richardlycn013

Jun 1, 2015
    I think the broken hourglass item doesn't seem to work. Before I got the item the time it took for me to redo a planet was 5 minutes and after I got it it was still 5 minutes. Is there something I am missing or isn't it supposed to be 2 minutes 30 seconds?

2. Inner Hero

Inner Hero Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    richardlycn013 - that is strange. I double checked that heirloom before we launched. I know some planets take longer than others, some take 5 minutes, some take 10 minutes, some take longer etc. Can you double check you didn't turn a 10 minute wait into a 5 minute wait? The first 5 planets are a 5 minute wait, and then the cooldown starts to ramp up after that. Thanks.

3. DimensionalPat

DimensionalPat New Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Update from my previous post: I can purchase things form the black market, but I still can't equip ships.

4. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    DimensionalPat - are the black market ship items still showing as null values? It seems the app did not fully seed the database and this has happened to someone else on toucharcade before. I will note our database does not come pre-seeded, and it seeds on its first initialization. This process adds a larger memory footprint than is shown in the AppStore. Do you remember how much memory you had available when you downloaded the app? The app page states an 80MB download, but the footprint is more like 140MB when the database has been properly seeded. I am wondering if you ran out of memory during the seeding process.

Thanks for any follow up information. I should probably build a robust memory check/ initialization fail process if this happens again as the app currently assumes enough space and there is no error processing after that.

5. DimensionalPat

DimensionalPat New Member

Aug 6, 2016
    The items are no longer showing as null values, and the black market is working normally, however ships still don't work. I unfortunately do not remember how much memory I had left when I downloaded the app, as I did delete some other apps a day or two after downloading. I don't think I had that much memory left though.

6. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    DimensionalPat - I will squeeze an update in tonight or tomorrow that will force a re-seed of that portion of the ship equipping database table. It should work as I resolved a similar issue someone else had earlier with the same process. It will be available as V1.0.5.

7. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Hey there is a newcomer in the top 10!
    All 3 ships lvl 9.
    ######

Damn, This game is so addictive!!!!

8. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    9?!!!! :eek:

9. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Ijipop & scrotty - it looks like some people have been making chrono purchases. I still haven't seen a level 10 ship yet, since this requires the heirlooms which cannot be bought :D

I didn't realize people would be having high level ships at this point. One of our planned updates is to prestige ships which would set them back at level 1, but add a star and be a bit more powerful the next time around. We are planning to do that prestige update in V1.2 in a couple of weeks which will go up to 3 star prestige pretty much a level 40 ship at that point. We want to add a new map with harder levels too which is why that update will take some more time.

One of the end goals we wanted to accomplish was a sort of 'space base' similar to other base building games. That would probably be V2.0 of TTR, or it would be an entire new Tap Transcend game.

10. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Still can't attack anyone in the top 5, unfortunately.
    Got my first fabled component though.
    And welcome to the top 10 Dea7hteaper11.
    Where did you come from??!!??

11. ArtistWolf

ArtistWolf Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2014
    #251 ArtistWolf, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Congrats on your first fabled item. I can't get to the top 5 group either, but the 6-10 ranks just got a lot tougher. I had to stop transcending to work on leveling up ships and equipment just to keep up anymore. And Dea7threaper11 certainly made a surprise appearance up there with three level 9 ships. Crazy stuff!

12. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    You can obviously still beat me though, Artistwolf... #

13. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    Nice Kane2505. Congrats on reaching fabled level gear. We figured it would take about that amount of time before people got there.
    We are adding ship and ship item prestige soon. The way it will work is that when you max a ship or a gear item (level 10 and level 6) then you will be able to prestige to 1 star. After that you will go back through the upgrade levels, but they will be stronger than before. You will be able to do this 3 times, so you will be able to have a 3 star level 10 ship (really level 40 in that case). We plan to have this feature available in V1.2, we are still working on V1.1.

We are also fixing some kinks in the PvP system in V1.1.

I am deciding to put some high stake codes up tonight!
    Each of these has 5,000 chronospheres! Due to the high amount, I am only posting 5 codes, so first come first serve!

5,000 chrono pack codes!
    TACODE1
    TACODE2
    TACODE3
    TACODE4
    TACODE5

14. richardlycn013

Jun 1, 2015
    TACODE1 redeemed.

15. Chen93

Chen93 Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    TACODE5 redeemed.

Some feedback. KP still seems to be the major limiting factor in leveling ships/gear. The problem I have is that I need to farm hard (or even easy) levels for the pieces but I need the KP from the insane levels. I think the KP gains on the lower levels of gear/ships is still too high, compared to the other stuff. That or perhaps allow the higher levels to drop both the high level gear AND the lower level versions of the gear. Basically have the #1 insane dungeon have a 30% drop chance for the megaton micromagnet, femtoprocessor and the free energy condenser instead of just the last one.

16. ArtistWolf

ArtistWolf Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Kane, it's definitely not easy! Sometimes it's just a bit of luck with the AI. For example, if the AI decides to buff instead of attack, I might stand a chance. I've definitely lost to you several times too.

I did beat the new Deathdealer11 guy, but hens starting to upgrade the ship gear and not just the ships, and I can't take him now. I get 2 ships down then lose.

All 5 codes have been used. That was fast, since they weren't posted before I went to sleep and they are all gone now.

17. scrotty

scrotty Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 6, 2012
    #257 scrotty, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    D'oh! I missed out on the codes. I'm going to have to be more regular in checking this thread - once a day isn't enough!

By the way, I'm still loving the game. It's cool how it's transformed from a game of tapping and resources into upgrading and fighting. I do wish there was more incentive to Transcend. Right now all I get are KP-tap-doublers or High Level Resources - no stat upgrades anymore. None of the remaining heirlooms seem worth the hassle to rebuild after a transcend.

But I really amazed at the myriad details in the game. Gameplay is diverse, engaging, and pretty darn balanced. Kudos, guys!

18. Kane2505

Kane2505 Active Member

Feb 26, 2016
    I nabbed one of those codes... Thanks.
    Blimey Inner Hero, that is a whole lot updating you are doing.
    Looking forward to the PVP update - I'm thinking some of those guys in the top 5 might not be there for long. #

19. roy2x

roy2x Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Gave this a try and it was great. One of the best clickers I have tried so far. My only issue is the progression after getting ships grinds to a halt without chromium. The first ship component upgrades take a lot of KP. I only reached around mission 30+ in normal difficulty without them and they dont give a lot of KP so im stuck grinding missions for hours just for the 1st component upgrade. Another is the slow battle phases. The auto is nice but it still takes a really long time to finish battles.

20. Inner Hero

Patreon Gold

Aug 24, 2015
    ArtistWolf, scrotty, & Kane2505 - It's nice to see people so invested in the PvP ranks. When you release a game you have no idea whether people will actually get invested into it or not, and I'm glad it looks like we have parts of this magical recipe figured out. We are working out the matchmaking kinks for the next update.

roy2x - Thanks! We are introducing some new mechanics into the next update I am explaining below.

Chen93 - Thanks for all the feedback you continue to provide. We are still working on the first content update V1.1 that has been delayed a bit. I am trying my best to get it done as soon as I can. The new update will provide additional ways to get KP and resources.

New mechanics in the works
    - Sending out scout ships. We have mentioned this previously, but I wanted to mention it again for any new people. We are making the option at an individual planet level to send unequipped ships to extract KP and resources for you on an idle timer. This way, you can assign some ships to a couple of planets before you exit the game, and come back to additional KP and resources.

- Put population to work! This is a newer idea we are still in the concept phase for, but it is being added into V1.1. Basically, we have heard population seems a bit useless, and we wanted these people to help you out. We will create a 'jobs' sort of table where you can assign your population to work. Then it will either be a pure idle mechanic, or a idle/tap mechanic where the population will extract resources/KP based on the job they have been assigned. Again, this is still conceptual, so any input on what could make it better, now is a good time to let us know!