Universal Tap Titans (by Game Hive Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by toptrops, Dec 17, 2014.

1. dancefirst

dancefirst Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Tips 9 and 10 Added

Tips

1) Prioritize hiring a stronger hero then leveling any weaker ones--unless you're stuck and can't beat a boss (in which case, level up a hero with a boss damage-enhancing skill).

2) Only level up a hero if that hero has a gold-enhancing skill within your reach (i.e., if you can unlock that skill sooner than you can hire the next available hero)

3) Don't level ANYONE past 400 (h/t to Reddit). The returns on that are unjustifiable.

4) To farm gold, wait for the fairy present Ultimate Hand of Midas, then activate the Power of Holding (50 gems). A Clone doesn't create actual taps, but the Power of Holding does--a whopping 30 per second. So with the Ultimate Hand of Midas gift (which lasts about 16 seconds), you'll rack up insane amounts of gold. Once the Ultimate Touch of Midas gift runs out, activate your main hero's Midas Touch skill to keep the fun going. This is a great way to make INSANE amounts of money, especially on later levels.

5) Rather than spending 100 gems on instant gold, try the trick for #4 above. You'll make more money this way and can use two Power of Holdings instead

6) If a boss is giving you trouble, wait around for a fairy present that gives you 2x Attack Speed or a Clone, then hit "Fight Boss" and stack one of your main hero's main skills

7) Guardian Shield is totally worth it

8) When you activate the Prestige skill (at Hero Lv 600), you keep both your relics and your artifacts, and the game restarts. Before you confirm that you want to Prestige, the game will award you anywhere from 3-12 bonus relics, depending on how strong you are and how many Stages you've reached. Since you gain one relic per 10 stages after Stage 80, it pays to hold off on Prestiging until at least Stage 90 or 100.

9) INCREDIBLE TIP for making money (h/t to Redditor sheldama): get to a boss. Click "Leave Battle". Click "Fight Boss". Everytime you do that, a new random monster appears...so keep toggling until you get a Chesterson. It takes some patience (10-60 seconds of toggling), and you don't want to get too trigger-happy or you'll accidentally skip over your Chesterson, but this is really great, especially if you have a bunch of treasure chest skills active among your heroes.

10) I find that the idle money generation is nothing to write home about (went to bed for 8 hours and the passive money was good but not great). In fact, some of the ad-gated Fairy Presents net you as much money as a few hours of idling. So keep your phone next to you as you do other stuff and glance down every so often. Hit the fairies as they float into the screen!

2. demonbasher

demonbasher Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    These are very good tips dancefirst. Thank you very much!! Makes playing the game much more easier for me ^_^

3. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    @dancefirst: Thanks for the tips. I downloaded the game last Friday but I've just played it today. And sure that your tips will help me much. :)

4. dancefirst

Mar 15, 2013

Glad to help! This game consumed my weekend :p. It's a very, very grindy, but it's perfected the grindy formula, and it's a blast.

Note: the tips above work great until the later levels (60, 70, 80), when things slow down a lot. I hear some people are on Prestige #2 (3rd play through) and hit Stage 80+ in like 30 minutes, which is nuts. Maybe they have more and better relics? We will see.

I'll add more advanced tips as I get further into the game!

5. phandaal

phandaal Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    This is a master-class in "Skinner box" game design.

6. Pyapiopi

Pyapiopi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    I am on Prestige #6 with 10 relics all leveled pretty well (2630% damage bonus). And your tips are great for the first couple prestiges but the game changes dramatically once you reach stage 200+.

It becomes very important to level every character to 800 possible to get all passives. They add up, especially critical chance and critical damage. Later you get a hero with Tap damage +220% which changes your whole game. No longer can you idle your way through. If you do, each kill will take 20-30 seconds. While tapping will kill in 2-5 seconds.

Because tapping is so important you need to "evolve" heroes. You do this by getting them to 1000, and then laying a hefty fee to evolve. They get a huge damage boost and can relearn all the skills. Adding even greater critical, gold boosts and boss damage boosts.

Keep it up and you will be there in no time! It's a amazing game.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup. hamlette's 220% addition to tap damage bonus is the single most damaging upgrade you could get.

8. ginkomanc

ginkomanc Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2013
    Just gt my first artefact bt was too busy going mental tapping the screen to read how u gt more,any one know? Also I gt loads of gold when leaving and returning to the game,I find levelling all heroes to around 400,even the least powerful ones seems to help. Great game

9. liteking

liteking Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Game Impressions

Cookie Clicker + RPG = this.

The pace feels a little bit slow.
    I like Cookie Clicker and Idle Mine's pace much better.
    But the graphic of this game is great. Good job :)

10. ginkomanc

ginkomanc Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2013
    Just gt my first artefact bt was too busy going mental tapping the screen to read how u gt more,any one know? Also I gt loads of gold when leaving and returning to the game,I find levelling all heroes to around 400,even the least powerful ones seems to help. Great game

11. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    You get relics every 10 levels starting at levels 80, 90, 100, 110 etc. You also earn relics through prestige which resets you to level 1 but you keep your relics and artifacts. Your artifacts are bought with these relics and add different bonuses. These bonuses greatly alter your game.

My Worldly Illuninator is my favorite. 150% Bonus Damage per level. Other artifacts add other bonuses, all worth it though.

12. Pyapiopi

Pyapiopi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    I may have been mistaken, will try to test next prestige (although will be hard, got some wonky formulas here). But if you evolve s hero I actually think you may lose all the passive boosts until you re learn them, instead of them stacking. If this is the case then evolving will be useless until your able to buy at least 4 or 5 of the skills right away.

But by then the added damage they do will be moot.

13. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    Adding my replies after:

Tips

1) Prioritize hiring a stronger hero then leveling any weaker ones--unless you're stuck and can't beat a boss (in which case, level up a hero with a boss damage-enhancing skill).

A: I think any skills are worth increasing, it's all about finding a balance. Though this isn't a bad strategy overall.

2) Only level up a hero if that hero has a gold-enhancing skill within your reach (i.e., if you can unlock that skill sooner than you can hire the next available hero)

A: I disagree completely, I try to level everything as luck as possible, all the added bonuses help.

3) Don't level ANYONE past 400 (h/t to Reddit). The returns on that are unjustifiable.

A: This is plain wrong. Leveling your heroes will earn you more relics when you use prestige. Get them as high as you can before restarting.

4) To farm gold, wait for the fairy present Ultimate Hand of Midas, then activate the Power of Holding (50 gems). A Clone doesn't create actual taps, but the Power of Holding does--a whopping 30 per second. So with the Ultimate Hand of Midas gift (which lasts about 16 seconds), you'll rack up insane amounts of gold. Once the Ultimate Touch of Midas gift runs out, activate your main hero's Midas Touch skill to keep the fun going. This is a great way to make INSANE amounts of money, especially on later levels.

A: Nothing wrong with this

5) Rather than spending 100 gems on instant gold, try the trick for #4 above. You'll make more money this way and can use two Power of Holdings instead

A: I try to hold gems for character deaths but this is a way to spend them if you're wanting to for sure.

6) If a boss is giving you trouble, wait around for a fairy present that gives you 2x Attack Speed or a Clone, then hit "Fight Boss" and stack one of your main hero's main skills

A: Don't just farm like this, if a boss is giving you to much trouble it's either time to farm or prestige. The more farming you have to do or longer it takes to kill bosses the worst you're doing overall.

7) Guardian Shield is totally worth it

A: Don't even know what this is lol.

8) When you activate the Prestige skill (at Hero Lv 600), you keep both your relics and your artifacts, and the game restarts. Before you confirm that you want to Prestige, the game will award you anywhere from 3-12 bonus relics, depending on how strong you are and how many Stages you've reached. Since you gain one relic per 10 stages after Stage 80, it pays to hold off on Prestiging until at least Stage 90 or 100.

A: The most relics I've received from prestige is 40. 3-12 is wrong and will only be acceptable the first time you use it.

9) INCREDIBLE TIP for making money (h/t to Redditor sheldama): get to a boss. Click "Leave Battle". Click "Fight Boss". Everytime you do that, a new random monster appears...so keep toggling until you get a Chesterson. It takes some patience (10-60 seconds of toggling), and you don't want to get too trigger-happy or you'll accidentally skip over your Chesterson, but this is really great, especially if you have a bunch of treasure chest skills active among your heroes.

A: Its usually quicker and more beneficial just to farm all the enemies so you don't lose time. This is he best benefit if you skip a boss and can kill enemies in 2-3 seconds.

10) I find that the idle money generation is nothing to write home about (went to bed for 8 hours and the passive money was good but not great). In fact, some of the ad-gated Fairy Presents net you as much money as a few hours of idling. So keep your phone next to you as you do other stuff and glance down every so often. Hit the fairies as they float into the screen!

A: Active play is faster play. Idle is slow but will eventually get the job done.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Levelling your heroes past 400 WHILE STILL FARMING IS USELESS. Just level them up over 400 IF YOU ARE GOING TO PRESTIGE.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #95 Exact-Psience, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    Yeah. Evolving them will cancel out all the bonuses you have unlocked from them. You will have to re-learn them.

I evolved one of my characters and my tap damage went down a significant amount.

EDIT: It did, however, increase my predicted prestige relic rewards.

16. dancefirst

Mar 15, 2013
    Super helpful, thank you. What I'm seeing is that the strategy changes depending on how far up the levels, stages, and prestige you get. There's a surprising level of depth here in this game.

17. dancefirst

Mar 15, 2013
    #97 dancefirst, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    I'm hitting a brick wall between Lv 450 and 600. In that space, it gets really hard to raise enough money to level up in order to progress to Stages 80 and beyond as well as reach Prestige. I'm on my 2nd Prestige.

Any advanced tips?

Also--the developer hasn't replied to my customer service request, so maybe someone else can vouch: why can't I upgrade my artifacts even though I have enough relics? My artifacts are grayed out and I can't upgrade. Very frustrating.

18. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I have no idea on the artifacts part. The one thing I've seemed to notice is that you must have 7 if an item costs 6. It'll only charge the 6 but you have to have that one extra. The exception to this seems to be right after using prestige when you can use all your relics. I'm guessing it's a bug that will be ironed out in future updates.

For where you're hitting a wall, stop killing bosses. Grind money to the point that you're killing normal monsters in 2-3 seconds max. At this point you can resume killing bosses. When you encounter a boss that cannot be killed with a minimum of 15 seconds left I suggest this method. The 15 second mark seems to be the sweet spot on heroes dying. There are some rare occurrences where a hero will die with 22 seconds or so left but I haven't figured this out. With the 15 second rule I got to stage 120 or so without losing a single hero before using prestige on one of my runs. This is very important on saving up diamonds and potentially allowing you to exploit some of the other ways of gaining gold with hand of midus and such.

I'll try to answer any other questions. While I'm by no means perfect at this game in now on my 7th or 8th play through and am loving it.

EDIT: One of the reason I give about slaughtering normal enemies so quick is the ability to farm quicker. If I can make 1 trillion per second killing mobs or I have to fight a stronger mob that drops 6 trillion but takes 9 seconds to kill, I'm losing money.

19. dancefirst

Mar 15, 2013
    #99 dancefirst, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    Super awesome and helpful, thank you. However, I'm trying your approach and here's my situation:

The balance on this thing is totally ####ed.

I'm Lv 514 Main Hero with 4 artifacts (+245% All Damage), Stage 79 on 2nd Prestige. I have every hero current money (aa) can buy, all upgraded to as many skills as my money can buy. So it's me + 18 heroes leveled up as far as possible given current money (aa).

Here's how long it took to raise enough money via mob farming at Stage 79 to raise my main hero 5 levels: 15 minutes of active tapping, and that's with several Chestersons, that's using various hero Skills, that's with a handful of Fairy Presents for skill boosts and money. So let's extrapolate and say that leveling up 20 levels, enough to make a dent on the Stage 79 Boss, takes almost an hour of active tapping. That's ridiculous. And the rise in money cost to upgrade Main Hero is loads steeper than the money generated by each additional Stage. Not to mention the cost of upgrading the other heroes to new passive skills so their upgrading is actually useful. The rise through the first 60 stages is really fun, but the grind between Stage 60 and 80 is unbearable.

Practically the only way to play at this point is to activate Heavenly Strike and Shadow Clone, set an iPhone reminder for 9 minutes, leave, come back in and repeat, activate War Cry and Critical Strike every 30 minutes, activate Berserk Rage and Hand of Midas every 60 minutes, etc.

Like I said, the balance on this thing is ####ed.

20. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Man, let it sit for 8 hours and all your "instant gratification" woes will melt away...

Just saying.