Universal Tap Titans (by Game Hive Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by toptrops, Dec 17, 2014.

1. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Got it thanks.

What's the best strategy, simply hiring the most expensive helper? How useful are the level ups for the lower level helpers I find their dps super lacking but the bonuses they give I think are really useful.

Let game sit for 24 hours when you can kill mobs in 1 second?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... Definitely. Coz on the next playthorugh, you cut your time to reach where your farthest in the previous run was in a lot shorter time.

And then there's relics to buy artifacts that carry over in your next prestige playthroughs.

3. justinwhy

justinwhy Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Hmm, I usually aim to hire the most expensive hero, yeah. Then if I can't hire the next one, I'll aim to level up heroes with whatever useful skills, and then farm gold and use up my active skills before putting my phone to sleep.

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Honestly, this is one of the best games i've had in this year. In a sea of usually either ad-supported or mid-tier priced twitch titles that can get tiring, the no-stress value i get from this game is immense. Even games like Infinity Blade, Monster Hunter, VVVVVV, Hearthstone, or even simpler ones like Deep Loot or Timber-clones have this on-your-toes requirement to be good at.

This is what was innovated by the clicker games, and im glad i found one that is totally worth my time, making each boss kill and each zillion a happy stressless romp-through game with really nice visuals and sounds, and a very friendly freemium system that does not in any way hinder your enjoyment or your progress.

Oh, and i think someone may hate me for saying this, but this game is like a no-stress Infinity Blade game. Battles are done in almost 1v1, there's not a lot of roaming going on, there's huge enemies and bosses, ther's infinitely progressing gameplay mechanics, and they both call their monsters TITANS. ;)

5. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    On level 79.... here goes nothing! :D

6. dancefirst

dancefirst Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Midas Touch + Power of Holding.

So much money.

So much.

;)

7. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    So I'm on level 94 and I just hit 600. Should I go ahead and prestige or grind a few more artifacts first? After I prestige will I still be getting artifacts every 10 levels? (level 10, 20, 30?)

My cash will reset, correct?

8. justinwhy

justinwhy Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    If you can get to level 100, it could be worth it for the extra relic. You don't get relics from level 10-70 but you'll get to 80 a lot faster with the artifacts' extra power! The next time you prestige, you'll be at a lot higher stages, very likely.

Edit: and your cash will reset. So spend as much gold as you can for the prestige bonuses.

9. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks Justin, and welcome to TA!

10. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    After reading this I'm so tempted to give it another go. Wonder if it's iCloud save so I can pick up where I left off. Any tips you can give to help prevent the numbing of my finger tips?

11. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Most of the game is play play play to get to a mob level you can farm.

For instance, if monster hp is 1k and you can get your team up to 1k+ DMg that is a great place to stop. Let the game run for 24 hours and every second you will be getting coins. When you come back you'll be rich. Level up and repeat!

What I am finding though is that I don't know which level I have to reach to have the game continue to play while its screen locked? Does anyone know? -edit disregard I restarted the app and it was working

12. dancefirst

Mar 15, 2013
    Money and Tips

I just spent two hours crunching some numbers to see if it's better to level up weaker characters or to only hire stronger ones, using the sequential heroes Milo and Clonk-Clonk (MaCC), Macelord, Gertrude, Twitterella, Master Hawk, and Elpha. My brain is a little fried, so I don't want to make any recommendations. Here are the findings:

Once hired, the cost of getting Milo and Clonk-Clonk up to Lv 10 is $1.88B. For that money, you gain 78M DPS.

Once hired, the cost of getting Macelord up to Lv 10 is $12.35B. For that money, you gain 324M DPS. You spent 6.5x more money than on MaCC to gain 4.2x the damage. That’s not so fair.

Once hired, the cost of getting Gertrude up to Lv 10 is $89.8B. For that money, you gain 1.7B DPS. You spent 7.2x more money than on Macelord to gain 5.2x the damage. That’s a little better, but still not so hot.

Once hired, the cost of getting Twiterella up to Lv 10 is $711B. For that money, you gain 6.2B DPS. You spent 7.9x more money than on Macelord to gain 3.65x the damage. Unless the coin rate climbed significantly after Gertrude (which is impossible to know, as coin rate depends on what Stage Number you're on and how lucky you get with the Fairy presents), that's highway robbery.

So, recap: you spent almost $1T hiring and leveling up (to Lv 10) the heroes Macc, Macelord, Gertrude, and Twitterella. For that money and time, you gained about 10B DPS.

On to Master Hawk. Once hired, the cost of getting Master Hawk up to Lv 10 is $10.7T. For that money, you gain 48.9B DPS. You spent 15x more money than on Twiterella to gain 7.9x the damage. That's really bad, unless the coin rate doubles during this time.

By now, you've spent almost $12T hiring and leveling up (to Lv 10) the heroes Macc, Macelord, Gertrude, Twitterella, and Master Hawk. For that money and time, you gained about 60B DPS, mostly from Master Hawk.

It costs $8.2T to hire Elpha, and you gain 24.4B DPS.

---

Honestly, it's still unclear to me which route is better. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the algorithms. I don't know if the pattern holds true with every block of heroes, or if it holds across all levels beyond 10, or what.

For now, I'm sticking with this:

1) Prioritize hiring a stronger hero then leveling any weaker ones--unless you're stuck and can't beat a boss (in which case, level up a hero with a boss damage-enhancing skill).

2) Only level up a hero if that hero has a gold-enhancing skill within your reach (i.e., if you can unlock that skill sooner than you can hire the next available hero)

3) Don't level ANYONE past 400 (h/t to Reddit). The returns on that are unjustifiable.

4) To farm gold, wait for the fairy present Ultimate Hand of Midas, then activate the Power of Holding (50 gems). A Clone doesn't create actual taps, but the Power of Holding does--a whopping 30 per second. So with the Ultimate Hand of Midas gift (which lasts about 16 seconds), you'll rack up insane amounts of gold. Once the Ultimate Touch of Midas gift runs out, activate your main hero's Midas Touch skill to keep the fun going. This is a great way to make INSANE amounts of money, especially on later levels.

5) Rather than spending 100 gems on instant gold, try the trick for #4 above. You'll make more money this way and can use two Power of Holdings instead

6) If a boss is giving you trouble, wait around for a fairy present that gives you 2x Attack Speed or a Clone, then hit "Fight Boss" and stack one of your main hero's main skills

7) Guardian Shield is totally worth it

8) When you activate the Prestige skill (at Hero Lv 600), you keep both your relics and your artifacts, and the game restarts. Before you confirm that you want to Prestige, the game will award you anywhere from 3-12 bonus relics, depending on how strong you are and how many Stages you've reached. Since you gain one relic per 10 stages after Stage 80, it pays to hold off on Prestiging until at least Stage 90 or 100.

This game needs some balancing, but I cannot put it down.

13. dancefirst

Mar 15, 2013
    No Cloud Save. I have one copy on my iPhone and one on my iPad. Both are running simultaneously, which gets to be a lot of fun if you want to try different strategies.

14. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    #74 CygnetSeven, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    Poppy's fourth and fifth perks are game changers. I may get to level 150 now!

Edit: My exuberance was stifled by the next level. Ha!

15. justinwhy

justinwhy Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    #75 justinwhy, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    dancefirst: Amazing tips!

16. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    How far did you go on your first play through? I'm at 102 and the game seems to go through patches when it seems tough and then I'll get an upgrade on something and it gets a lot easier. I think I'm going to shoot for 110 and see how it goes.

17. ChrisChu

ChrisChu New Member

Dec 22, 2014
    #77 ChrisChu, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    @Cyg: This... And DO NOT LEVEL UP YOUR CHARACTER Past lv600. You scale more from upgrading your heroes instead. If it's your first prestige, i suggest trying to extend to stage 100 first for the extra relics. They are awesome!

Im on my 4th prestige now and it takes about an hour to get to stage150. I always prestige at 300 right now. Past that, the grind slows down significantly, so i prestige to gain over 200 relics and power up the artifacts.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I was at 110 on my first prestige. Going past that without relics gets pretty slow.

20. justinwhy

justinwhy Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Pretty much the same here, I think I stopped in the 100s before my first prestige. It's really fun to see the damage increase every time my character goes from 1-100 :)