iPad Tap Tap Revenge: Dave Matthews Band is out!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by gscal, May 21, 2009.

1. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Here's an indirect link [app]Dave Matthews Band Revenge[/app].

Another TapTap. Anyone wanna TOFTT?

2. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    Who actually wants this? Dave Matthews Band is awful...
    Of course that question is redundant, Im sure there are DMB fans who'll get it.
    These rhythm game developers need to get on the ball, they need a Tap Tap Revenge: The Mars Volta!

3. peter2nvy

peter2nvy Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    lol agreed

4. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

#4 Phil_Synowiec, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
    Ugh i hate Dave Matthews Band, it doesnt matter, they probably paid tapulous a crap load, plus theres people that do like DMB...... they are gunna make sum bank. Basically, im guessing, they take Tap Tap 2, change aroudn the menu images, create the beats which probably takes maybe 5-10 per song, throws their songs in, few small changes, slaps a $5 price tag. There you go, it could probably be done in a day or two.

They really need a linkin park one

5. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I like DMB but I wouldn't play their music for a rhythm game. Same with Coldplay. It just doesn't seem to fit.

Besides, I'm eagerly waiting BeatRider which will blow TapTap out of the water.

6. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Well, this is officially the first TT game I am not buying...

7. Shush

Shush Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Lool. I got the Coldplay one, I am a big fan, but the game is pretty good, its much better playing the game when you know the songs.

As for this one... Don't think I have ever heard of Dave Mathews Band.

8. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I love dave matthews band just look at my username :) Maybe I'll TOFTT but only 10 songs?

9. jpxdude

jpxdude Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Is this available in the UK store?

I agree that DMB is an acquired taste, but my wife loves both tap tap and DMB, so this would make a swell little gift!

10. peter2nvy

Nov 19, 2008
    #10 peter2nvy, May 21, 2009

11. peter2nvy

Nov 19, 2008
    Been waiting for BeatRider anyone know of a release day yet?

12. DarthPuma

DarthPuma Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    ...I'm not the biggest DMB fan, but you are not allowed to think any band or artist is crap if you are a Linkin Park fan.

13. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    oh gawd, I hate Dave Mathews Band and I even live in Charlottesville:D

ROFL

14. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    #14 pante, May 21, 2009
    dave matthews is a great guitarist, you may not like him but it's true. not every album is amazing, not every song is good, releasing new live album every six months can be irritating... but the way he composes songs and later arranges them is top notch. btw, they've got one of the best drummers in the world. and their live shows are so charismatic...

i will probably pick this one up later.

oh, and about linkin park... rick rubin tried to change their music and "little things give you away" is a step in the right direction. i'm wondering how their next album will sound like. they really need to put their music on to a higher level, but i'm not sure if they are capable of doing that... and they sound good only at records. shows? give me a break. they suck when they are playing live - not every sound played from pro tools is an answer how to play live rock music... beside all that i like them ;)

15. chrisrushing

chrisrushing Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Chattanooga, TN
    I get that his band is talented.
    But man I cannot stand it. No thank you.
    Regardless... this version of the app would have been good about a decade ago.

16. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    ok... linkin park will probably never change. new song straight from transformers sequel:

sucks.

17. lafuria

lafuria Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    No interest. I won't bother panning DMB or their fans, considering how many times I've defended Tap Tap Coldplay, but this is definitely not one for me.

18. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I like Dave Mathews and Linkin Park. I've seen them both live multiple times, and they both had awesome shows every time I saw them. I don't agree with what you said about Linkin Park sucking when they play live. In fact, I actually thought they sounded better live than most bands. But this was a couple years ago, and before their latest album. I like their old stuff better than their new stuff, and am not sure if their recent shows have been poor, performance wise.

19. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    The last thing I need is a Tap Tap version of freakin' DMB. Talent doesn't equal good music. DMB=Frat Boy "rock"+Lite "Jam Band" wankery=Musical masturbation. No thanks. I'd rather play Tap Tap Milli Vanilli than this over-earnest suck-fest. Hopefully I wasn't being to vague...

20. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    to quote... "You ... people baffle me".