Universal Tap Smiths (by Tiny Titan Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TinyTitanStudios, Jul 5, 2016.

1. TinyTitanStudios

TinyTitanStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Game Designer
    London, On
    Android version will be out next week, Ultimatix!

2. cameron331

cameron331 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    #22 cameron331, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    You tap for literally 5 seconds, then the rest of the time is watching ads and turning down offers. I like the upgrading mechanics in theory, but upgrading to tap .1 seconds longer just isn't worth the grind.

Also, the video ads, new song drops, and treasure gnomes popping up while tapping is a really strange design choice, as tapping on one of them usually ruins your tapping combo. These little bonuses should be given to you while you're not actively tapping.

I do love the Tarantino references though.

3. pseudoart

pseudoart Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    #23 pseudoart, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    I like it - it does seem some balancing is in order. Progress is quite slow, mostly from the waiting on countdown for tapping to begin and the result screen after a round. It's frustrating since there's no progress made while waiting for these screens, unlike in other incremental/idle games, where progress is continuos.

These are the secrets I've found:
    the treasure gnome one, but I think everyone gets that. Tapping on the dude on the market screen nets you some gold each turn. And on the settings screen, tapping fast on either side (on the characters?) unlocks a secret. Still haven't found the book one that is teased. Anyone else?

4. pseudoart

Mar 9, 2013
    Oh! Found another secret:
    In the upgrades menu, tapping to the right of the last icon on the bar reveals an extra upgrade option.

5. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    It does seem a bit odd that for the first few hours of gameplay you spend more time on the market screen than actually playing the game. It gets better though eventually.

6. pseudoart

Mar 9, 2013
    Are there more ways of earning gems? Most upgrades and such are starting to cost gems now...

7. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    The best way to earn gems are from the achievements (in the book on the upper left part of the screen). Also, the Tv's that drop can give you gems sometimes instead of coins. They do max out each day though. I have not been able to watch any videos for the last half of today. Maybe it resets at midnight. Thanks for those secrets. I'll post here if I find any more.

To the devs: there does seem to be a bug where the arrows don't always show on the upgrades right away, even if you have enough coins. They only appear after you click on one of the upgrades.

8. ngajoe

ngajoe Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Devs,

Made it a year. I'm concerned with the random tweaking--I haven't seen a single legendary/mythic chest, and I frequently get the same items, even for the epic stuff. The temperature I need is so low, I have no need to raise my kiln to above 175 max. Also, I have no idea why I'd like to store 6k of coins if I'm supposed to spend it in order to prestige plat (which is a LONG way).
    Also, the treasure gnome shows up all the time, but often can't be hit, I assume he's not supposed to be there that often.
    Also, I can no longer pick up music tracks (I think I have six or so, but the achievements hint at more).
    Lastly, I don't think coins and magic items are awarded properly during smithing. Multiple items will pop out of the gnome but they don't get added. Tons of coins fly out of the stuff I craft, but at the market time, my coins (pre-sale) are about a half-dozen, even after burning a thousand gems for a relic.

Kinda bummed. Please let me know if this is intentional.

9. Dentorin

Dentorin Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    I was enjoying the game so I picked up the promo "care package" IAP that it offered early. For whatever reason, I've received that care package three more times when I start up the game. Is this intended? I'm not complaining but I feel like that might not be right.

10. pseudoart

Mar 9, 2013
    I'm retiring the game for now. At around day 200 - progress is super slow. Gaining gems is even slower, there's no way you can unlock everything without either spending thousands of dollars or grinding for years - and this is including watching a million apps.
    And there really isn't anything new coming up - every three/four days I can buy one upgrade, but the increments are oh so tiny.

I have seen an epic chest, but it was the last item on day where I had already used the ad for extra time. I managed to wack it a couple of times, but I would have needed many additional seconds to get the blueprint.

I liked it, but now I'm fed up.

11. DromeG60

DromeG60 New Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Hi There,

Just passed the day 365 achievement after continuously tapping during a 7 hour car journey. Needless to say progress may be a fair amount slower, but it is a lot more relaxing not having to deal with any ads (mobile data turned off)

It does take a long time to reach the milestones in this game, but I feel like that's the way it was meant to be played (minus the ads) and it might not be for everyone, but the grind certainly pays off when you start seeing those Epic and Legendary Chests roll in. There are a few small issues which I agree with from other posts in this thread but I do think the game is really great, and such a good time kill!

The secrets and hidden features I've found so far are shown below... sorry if I've missed any.

1. Go into settings and repeatedly tap the two characters, as if you're smithing (takes a while)
    2. In Upgrades menu, there is a secret upgrade when you tap to the right of all the other Upgrades.
    3. Tapping the Merchant gives you a few extra coins
    4. At the end of the information book, keep tapping next page 10 times until the page flips

I think another secret popped up while I was smithing, but not sure how I got that. :)

12. ReTaLiN

ReTaLiN New Member

Jul 8, 2016
    I'm now only missing 1 secret :\

13. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Here's my smith:

[​IMG]

14. ReTaLiN

ReTaLiN New Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

15. TinyTitanStudios

Jul 25, 2014
    Game Designer
    London, On
    Thanks so much for the incredibly positive comment! Glad that you're enjoying the game!

16. TinyTitanStudios

Jul 25, 2014
    Game Designer
    London, On
    You're able to "prestige" at a certain upgrade level to earn our Plat resource. We'll be looking to add some further depth to that system in future updates.

17. TinyTitanStudios

Jul 25, 2014
    Game Designer
    London, On
    There are so many references crammed into this game at this point that I think even WE have lost track of all of them. ;)

18. TinyTitanStudios

Jul 25, 2014
    Game Designer
    London, On
    Appreciate the honest feedback. We have a great deal more control over many aspects of the game on the server side than we did back when Dash Quest launched. We'll certainly be paying attention and may well make adjustments based on how feedback is trending. Appreciate you trying the game and leaving the comment!

19. TinyTitanStudios

Jul 25, 2014
    Game Designer
    London, On
    Love it! Thanks for playing! Glad you enjoy it!

20. TinyTitanStudios

Jul 25, 2014
    Game Designer
    London, On
    Glad you're having fun! Someone in the thread has already sorted the book secret out if you're not afraid of spoilers...