Universal Tap 'n' Slash (by Invictus)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 1, 2015.

1. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Yes, this is one of several of their games that freeze on me during GC connect.

2. shadax

shadax Active Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Game freezes upon GC banner dropping down for me too.

iPhone 6 plus
    iOS 8.1.2

3. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Would love to play this but it freezes on the main menu. iPad mini 2 with latest iOS

4. deadjam

deadjam Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    Love it! I've already played it more than Crossy Road and I've only had it for an hour. I realise why I don't enjoy Crossy Road and that's because you don't get to kill anything. In Tap 'n' Slash it's fast, frantic and you get to kill loads of bad guys.

Controls work the same as Crossy Road with a similar isometric camera view which is very on trend at the moment.

Shame there's a few bugs with the video ads destroying my progress and causing the game to jam. Plus once you kill a boss and head to the treasure room there's often a frame jump which is jarring.

Invictus, if you're reading, check the affect the video ads are having. I would also remove the static ads on display, too intrusive you're doing fine with Video ads (once you squash the bugs).

5. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I've played quite a bit and fortunately the only bugginess I've encountered was the gem count glitch. Thank god coz I rlly dig this one s lot.

6. Invictus_Games

Invictus_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    New version

Yesterday we have submitted a new version to Apple that fixes numerous bugs and issues like:- Gem counter bug
    - Game Center crash upon application launch
    - Character unlock issues
    - Game performance issues

Sorry for the inconveniences caused by the current version, we really hope the update will be approved soon.
    Invictus

7. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I have been playing this since yesterday almost non stop. Its so addicting and fast paced and fun! I found myself singing the game tune with the rock guitar! Also left 5 star review on the appstore, congrats from me for a perfectly fun game!

8. Kumamoto333

Kumamoto333 Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Don't usually comment, but I started slashing at 6am. Fun game.

9. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Hope the update comes soon, though i did not once encounter a GC issue here on my side.

Funny coins behaviour today. Went down from 1356 to 1222 and after starting the next try up to 1356 again. For now i leave the game.

Anyone unlocked Xera yet, and does she have a special ability, as said in the Devs description?

@Devs
    Is there a sword cap with Canon the Barbarian (and others)? Reached level 26 and sword+3 seems to be it...?

10. justplainjay

justplainjay Well-Known Member

The number at the bottom of the screen is how many hits you can take. When the number dissapears, the next monster you collide with kills you

11. justplainjay

justplainjay Well-Known Member

Also experiencing the gem glitch. Counts seem to go up and down sometimes. I also bought Sir Cancelot, the gems were removed, and he was still not unlocked. Hopefully this gets fixed soon because this is really fun

12. Marduken

Marduken Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I'm really enjoying this game. Cool visuals and gameplay seems really fresh for me. Heavy metal music? Not enough of that on games nowadays :D

13. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I have Xera and I'm not sure but she seems a bit faster and often has some glowing protection sphere but they all mite have it at times.

14. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Thanks.

Glowing circle happens while leveling up, as far as my observation is right. I wait with buying Xena, don't want to lose 600 and she's still locked, due to an earlier post.

15. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I'm so glad I gave this a chance. I usually dislike twitchy games (and I'm bad at them) but this is totally addictive.

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I'm not typically into these types of games but have to say that I'm having a lot of fun with it. Definitely has that "let me give it one more try" quality.

17. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Jep, it's really neat. A lot of potential.

18. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    loving this! Unlocked Inoyusha :D yesterday, and levelling him up! Might there be more content coming? Heroes, stages, customisation?

19. Invictus_Games

Invictus_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Update is out

The update is out! It hopefully fixes the GC crashes and the gem counting problem among many other issues.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The update isnt showing on my end from the PH appstore. On itunes it says v1.0.0 still.