Universal Tap 'n' Slash (by Invictus)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Not necessarily the type of game I'd play, just wanted to say that the pixel art is absolutely gorgeous.

2. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Thanks for replying! Looking forward to playing it, the pixel art does look really good! I hope there are some female characters to choose from :)

3. Invictus_Games

Invictus_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Sure, there is Xera, the warrior princess. She has very impressive pixel attributes :)

4. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #24 Qwertz555, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    @Invictus
    I bought $1-no-ads twice to say thank you for this gorgeous simple, yet very entertaining game with incredible responsive controls. No crash/freeze/GC issue seen on my 5s.

I saw my diamond stack raising the second time i bought, but after the next game it was gone again!

Please have a good close look at this issue, thanks.

Edit: a device restart didn't help and now that i think about it, i don't see any restore button for the ads. Since they tied to consumables...hmm...no doubt, there has to be a restore button for ads. Every game (i guess) has it, though they're always seperate from consumables.

5. Invictus_Games

Invictus_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Did you loose your gems? Didn't you accidentally unlock a new character with the stack of gems?

6. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Yeah, lost.
    And for 200 you don't get Sir Cancelot. I saw the rais to 670 (buy success, as well) but left are 470 diamonds.
    In a few days i will see my invoice in my email, since my shopping list this week gets paid via my c-card.

7. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #27 Zeillusion, Apr 2, 2015
    The game is actually quite fun! It's extremely simple yet very satisfying! One thing I'm trying to understand is how will I know when they are about to attack? It seems sometimes I kill them and sometimes they expectingly hit me.

Edit: that's awesome! Turns out I realized you can attack only x amount and collecting swords allows you more attacks. What a great strategic mechanic!

An open world dungeon crawler with a floating joystick would be INSANE with this art. You'd make total bank. Can you say wayward souls competition? You should totally work on that for your NEXT project haha

8. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Lol, ya I was about to ask u if u saw your sword count b/c at first I found myself thinking the exact same thing.

9. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Lol! Yeah. It's such an awesome game. Although I earned 350 diamonds and when I came back to the game I'm down to 190. 160 dissapeared :/

10. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    What's the factor that determines the outcome of running into an enemy?

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sword count. One sword = one kill. To keep killing, you need to keep picking up swords.

12. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This game is actually reall nice! Addicting as hell

13. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Could play a few times, absolutely loved it. Since then, always crashing when logging into GC. Even offline. So I sadly have to wait for the fix.

14. cthulhufan

cthulhufan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    Sweet, thanks you two, I came here to see if this had been answered yet because it was puzzling me as well.

This is a really fun game and I can see it hanging on my 'pick up and play' short list for some time. Especially now that I know about the sword deal :eek:

Absolutely love the character names.

15. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Houston, we have a problem!

Did a review (swiss store) and had 823 diamonds after. Started the next game to see 687...and no, no character bought or an expensive revive done.

Btw, Xera (and all others) has a higher stat to start with?

16. spared_mercy

spared_mercy Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Hey, so looks like the devs are listening?

I love this game so much I want its babies. The pixel art is awesome, the soundtrack is effin cool and the gameplay is addictive.

Just a few gripes.
    1. Can you get your sound guy to make more soundtracks? The one we have is awesome but gets repetitive.

2. I didn't know that starting a new level costs us jewels. Why is that? :-( Now I can't grind for sir Cancelot. Well I can, it's just going to take me longer. It's fair if you want to keep it that way, just put in a notification or something.

Wishes:
    1. More characters! And do the different characters change to play style? Right now I'm playing Canon and going "swords swords swords need more SWORDS slash monsters if necessary". It would be interesting to see you try to throw a monkey wrench in my train of thought.

2. A dungeon crawler in the same style would be so effin cool.

Keep up the good work!

17. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Agreed, saw the same weirdness with my gem count. Thot I just must've seen it wrong.

18. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Yeah I went from 350 to 190 than earned back up to 350 than lost some. Someone is saying it coasts gems to start a new level but I lost 160 in seconds not sure it coasts that much since I'm back at work.

Extremely addicting and beautiful as I stated in my last post. I'm glad you guys agree that a dungeon crawler with these visuals would be damn brilliant.

A store / progress mechanics would be great. I know you got a few characters and perks now. More would be awesome! Especially if you could buy different cosmetic swords or armor.

Maybe some more perks like 1000 diamonds grants you a legendary artifact that grants you a 10% chance to cancel sword usage on hit. Maybe another artifact that allows you to hit 3 times when you run out of swords, ect.

So much potential it's great.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #39 Exact-Psience, Apr 2, 2015
    Anyone else having a GC-connect issue? The game freezes for about 10 seconds each start of the app when GC loads.

Also, the game crashes after a couple runs each time.

20. bhornburg

bhornburg Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Thanks for the video NOEN, definitely looks like it's worth checking out.