iPad Tap Defense update out

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by cameronrulz, Dec 11, 2008.

1. cameronrulz

cameronrulz Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but I just updated TapDefense, I haven't gotten to try it out yet but it is great for a free game and I am hoping this just makes it better

2. Played it last nite and definitely easier like it should be. Ads come up after each level is cleared but for it to be free I think it's worth a shot now. I almost tossed the game but the update makes it playable now. Before 35 was max level I could reach. Can't say which level yet cuz I was so busy playing so many games till 5am. iTD I was playing a ton and boy I can't believe I missed out on that one for so long it's awesome. Next wanna try besiegement.

3. terrett101

terrett101 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    One word of warning about the update, it seems to erase your high scores - or at least it did for me. I'd just made it to the final level and completed it on medium, but now all my scores are gone. Not that big a deal, but just to let you all know.

I hope they haven't made it too much easier, medium was a decent challenge but not too bad, so I would probably only have played on hard from now on anyway, so hopefully that hasn't been toned down.

4. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Does it still asks for your location after every level?
    That was fricking annoying and the reason i deleted it from my phone.

5. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

Seems to be fixxed for me.

6. cameronrulz

cameronrulz Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I've only played it for a short amount of time at work, but it hasn't asked me for my location at all so far

7. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Me neither. I feel a little smoother also.

8. jbsseagull

jbsseagull Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I have seen a lot of positive reaction for this game, but is it worth downloading if I've already purchased Fieldrunners?

9. jonaswills

jonaswills Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Colorado

Uhh... it's free?

10. jbsseagull

jbsseagull Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Ha, I know, I know. I was just curious if it was that much different of an experience. I may just download it and see for myself when I get to a computer with iTunes.

11. terrett101

terrett101 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    I would have to recommend getting it, especially seeing as it is free. Yeah, it isn't as pretty as Fieldrunners but it's a different experience and still worth a few tries at. I've heard Fieldrunners is kind of easy as well, so if you're finding that a walk in the park then tap defense may give you a greater challenge. I do still really want to get Fieldrunners though, the graphics are so good.

12. sesshoumaru80

sesshoumaru80 Member

Dec 11, 2008
    #12 sesshoumaru80, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
    Hi, I have made a little review of TapDefense on my blog

http://fanboy-apple-en.blogspot.com/

It's a new blog, and I'm not really good in writing english, I hope that you'll enjoy it.
    I plan to review many other iPhone games, like in the italian version of the blog.