iPad Tanzen update- 1.4.7

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by brewstermax, Dec 15, 2008.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

New update with new puzzles. Does this one live up the the 60 new puzzles in Tangrams puzzle pro earlier this week? New color too, purple. I want red.

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I think this was one of my best purchases. The dev is in this forums and he keeps the app updated. I still haven't finished all of them, but more puzzles can only be beneficial :D

3. brewstermax

I know. I'll never finish them all, even at the current number. May have to not update for a while, finish all of them, and then get the new ones.

4. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    New colors and new features are always welcome though:D

5. brewstermax

Yes. Always. But I can't keep up with the rate of adding puzzles. I had TPP beat, and they added 60 new ones.

6. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    One of my first purchases and also one of the best...

7. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2008
    #7 Little White Bear Studios, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
    Seeing as how I keep reading of people finishing the other game in a couple hours, I believe the puzzles in TanZen may be a lot more challenging. I don't include obvious puzzles, as I consider them filler. It's not the number of puzzles that's most important, it's the quality of them. TanZen should take days to weeks to finish the current set of puzzles.

8. Little White Bear Studios

Aug 27, 2008
    Thanks, pablo19! I try to keep new puzzles, and features, coming pretty regularly.

9. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Tangrams puzzle pro does seem to move faster, and it feels more like a game than an activity, if you understand what I mean. Tanzen is much chiller and "take it at your own pace", unlike tangrams that just throws you into the next puzzle. Also, the lack of auto-alignment in tanzen makes it less obvious where your pieces should go (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) so it takes a little more time.

10. Little White Bear Studios

Aug 27, 2008
    No harm in updating, as your current progress always carries forward. All your finished puzzles stay finished. And all your half finished puzzles stay half finished.

Plus you don't want to miss out on all the upcoming features! :D

11. Little White Bear Studios

Aug 27, 2008
    Exactly. TanZen is designed to be a slow journey of relaxed concentration, and not a fast paced, in your face, puzzler. It's not supposed to feel like a video game. The player is in full control of everything, not the game. Just like real tangrams.

12. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Hey LWB, I've been meaning to ask you something: where do you get all those different puzzles? Are you eventually going to run out of designs?

13. Little White Bear Studios

Aug 27, 2008
    Thanks! Glad you like it! More TanZen goodness to come!

14. Little White Bear Studios

Aug 27, 2008
    As many of the puzzles have been around for hundreds of years, they are not really hard to find online, or in books that collect them. Plus, I have a real set of tangrams, so it's not too difficult to come up with something interesting.

15. brewstermax

I'm sure that eventually they will run out, but I mean really the number once he thinks of every possible combination of 2 large triangles, 2 small triangles, 1 medium triange, a small square, and a parallelogram, it will be at least a thousand. And I've always wondered if that does happen, will he just stop making them, or add shapes to create even more??

16. Little White Bear Studios

Aug 27, 2008
    I always have a plan... :cool: