Universal Tank Combat : Future Battles (by Warlock Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Peter-Warlock, Jun 2, 2016.

1. suntemple

suntemple Member

Oct 20, 2015
    http://suntemple.co/
    Great Game

Checked it out. The game runs flawlessly on iPhone 5s. It's amazing that you are the only dev behind it. Rated 5/5.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Did you have a chance to check out the IAP and how everything is? The dev and I were having a talk about everything. What do you think?

Billy

3. Peter-Warlock

Peter-Warlock Well-Known Member

All Tanks in the game has exactly the same params for Upgrade.

In TANK store you have 13 tanks. Every single tank has exactly the same set of params to Upgrade:
    - General params like: speed, shield and so on...
    - Weapon#1 params like: Damage, Capacity, Fire Rate and so on... for the first (main) weapon of this selected Tank
    - Weapon#2 params like: Damage, Capacity, Fire Rate and so on... for the second (additional) weapon of this selected Tank
    - Skins params: Skin and color of this, selected Tank.
    Every upgrade param has a 5 upgrade steps. Every "Upgrade" do upgrade one basic param for the selected Tank. Basic param for the Tank#1 and for Tank#10 is not the same, therefor virtual price for Upgrade for Tank#1 is not the same as for Tank#10.

As you start the game at your first time, in TANKS store you can to make choice to buy one of two available entry level TANKs: Chuck M1 (for a little bit low virtual price with a little bit low shields and fire power) or Chuck M2(improved version of M1 with a little bit better shield and better fire power for a little bit high virtual price). After that, you start play the game, rising your Ex.Level and completing a missions to earn virtual currency for Upgrade your current Tank. As you will rise your Ex.Level for defined for every next Tank level, you CAN buy it in TANKS store. New Tank that has a better BASIC params. You don't NEED to buy it. No one no forces you to buy it. You may continue to play and completing a missions on your current Tank and continue to Upgrade it params until you reached a other new Tank with even better BASIC tank's params. You decide to buy a new Tank on your own. And after you buy it - you will upgrade params of your new Tank. All Upgrades for your previous Tank will stay on your previous Tank. For your new Tank you will upgrade it basic params for the same 5 upgrade levels. 5 upgrade levels per parameter from the basic level of the current\selected tank. And it's logically.

I did it.
    As you start the game at first time, the first your action is : Goes to TANK menu where you can see ALL tanks in the game. Look at screens in spoiler.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see only first two available to buy for in-game's virtual currency. But you CAN see all tank's info, for all tanks in the game.

You made a purchase of "+50% per mission Reward" and you got it. You made a purchase for "Always Full Energy" - and you got it. Both of it has been requested by you. Why you talking you lost your money as you got exactly that you asking me to add and I did it special for you? Now you will earn +50% more Rewards than regular player and can Upgrade your current Tank often than other. And you can earn virtual currency for your new Tank faster then it will do a player with a regular Reward value. Also, your Energy is Always Full, so you don't need to wait as it will be recharged and you will not spend virtual currency for fast recharge it as a regular player will have to do. That's exactly that you requested above. So what is the problem?

The game did not request you to spend a real money. You did it only by your own will to get some benefits.
    You upgrade your current Tank to have a better chance to win a battles and complete a missions. The enemies will upgrading their Tanks. At some moment you will need to Update your current Tank for some level to launch a Assault, Protect and Survival missions. Support Missions you can play without any upgrades as long as you want. But for completing a Stage and goes to the next Stage you must complete all missions Assault, Protect and Survival in the current Stage. So, you always can use Support missions to earn additional rewards for Upgrades (in case you have no currency for it). And of course high Rewarded Special Mission on the next level tank. But if you want a lot of currency right now - you can use IAP as an option.

I've checked it and didn't found a bugs.
    Special Mission available for limited period. It's works like this:
    [countdown to special mission will be ready]->[count down while that special mission is ready]->[countdown to the next special mission will be ready]->[count down while that special mission is ready]->... repeat, repeat and so on. So to play the special mission you should run the game at moment where special mission is ready and still available. If you will run it too late it will disabled again and you will wait again. To help to do it - you can set ON "notify me as it will be ready" check box.

I've already said about it above. For your real money - you got a real +50% more rewards for every mission that you will launch. more rewards -> more ability to upgrade your current tank. It's not mandatory IAP. Every single player decide how he would like to play.

About ads I also already said - I will turn it off for that IAP in the nearest game's update.
    You don't need to upgrade every single upgrade parameter to max level. There is a lot of strategy of play and a lot of decision how to upgrade your current tank.

4. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    As I said. Before this update I couldn't even SEE other tanks. Nothing. It was bugged.

And I still have yet to be able to ply a special mission. I get the notification and go to ply and it says I have 5 hours. Would you like my account info so you can play for yourself and see?

I give up. I try to support you but you aren't listening to what I'm saying. You are taking things offensively but that's not my point to do so. I kept my word and I financially supported your work. That's it.

Take care.

Billy

5. Peter-Warlock

It's very strange, because I even don't touch it. Maybe (for me it seems like a more realistic version) you just mixed up the TANKS menus and UPGRADES. Into the TANKS menu - you select\buy your current tank and you can look and check all tanks in the game. Into the UPGRADE menu - you buy upgrades for the tank that you select\bought in TANKS menu. And you can not see other tanks into Upgrade menu. This is two different menu items with two different function.

There is no ability for me to play in your account and see it. Only if you will make screenshots and send it to me (post it here). But I will check it again.

I'm listening what you saying. I even did what you saying. And your feedback is very helpful for me. Reading it I see that not all things in the game are clear to a customers. And I think how to make it's more clear. And I thank you for this! Thank you very much!

I'm not taking things offensively. I'm just tried to describe how it works and game's logic. Sorry if it's sounds like offensively.

6. Peter-Warlock

#26 Peter-Warlock, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I updated.

I went in. It says your special mission will be available in 5 hours and 45 minutes.

I played 2 other missions. Upgraded my tank. I quit out of the game.

As soon as I got to the home screen I got a notification that my special mission is available.

Just letting you know.

Billy

8. Peter-Warlock

Thank You! Hope the next update will totally fix it. :(
    Right now seems like "special missions" will available more often than planned.

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I upgraded to my third tank today. I'm having a really tough time with that lay survival mission. I just need to upgrade it some more. It takes time. I think my strategy going forward is only buying the first version of each tank class until I unlock the last one. Then go back.

What other plans do you have for the game content wise? I think of all the missions the survival missions or the most intense.

Billy

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #30 LordShad0wz, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Ok Peter,

It's a notification problem not a game problem. I'm getting the special mission notification available everytime I exit. I just did the special mission, logged out, and got the notification. I went back in and now it's saying I have 12 long hours. But it's not letting me do the mission. So it's actually fine.

I wish there was an arena where we could earn money to level up our tanks. Where more and more tanks would appear in waves. That we could just play when the missions are too hard and we are stuck. Or just for some intense fun and have a leaderboard. I'm pretty stuck right now unless i want to spend another $3.

Billy

11. Peter-Warlock

Is your problem in successfully completing mission? Or you can't upgrade your tank?
    Try to complete missions of different types assault-protect-protect-assault-support-assault-support-protect -> survival. and after that again... protect-assault-support-special-assault-protect.
    As you can see, to complete a STAGE you should complete 10 assault, 10 protect and only 5 survival missions. Next STAGE will give you more rewards per mission.

Right now I thinking about multi player. How to do it, will it fits in the game and so on.

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Both.

The missions I can do I get very little money. I've gone back and done them. The missions I die over and over in I just keep dying.

I cannot upgrade my tank because some upgrades require gold. I can't earn gold. I cannot earn money because I keep dying and dying and dying.

I'm still on the first set of missions lol

Billy

13. Peter-Warlock

Support Missions is exactly that type of mission. Mission to earn the extra in-game currency. You can play it without any upgrade. And in that mission you also have a AI mate who will help you. Rewards for that mission a little bit low than regular, but it short and you can play it one by one without any limits.

14. Peter-Warlock

You can play that missions one by one. Every next mission will give you more and more money.

The Gold required only for high level upgrade (step#4,#5) it's very rare cases for the game to require so upgrade steps. Usually you already have ability to buy a new tank than upgrade your current for so high level of upgrade.
    And you always have a way to got a gold and money.
    For gold : you can use "earn for watch", some "achievements" also give you a gold.
    For money : you always can play support missions or special missions. Yes you will not earn for one single mission a lot of money to buy everything. But no one not limit you to play that mission so many times as you need.

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I made purchases in excess of $11 now so I don't have to watch ads. There should be a better way to earn gold without watching the very ads I paid to remove.

I would watch reward ads for cash though. That I might do.

Again I did all the easy missions. I'm stuck on all the harder ones. I'm dying dying dying. I have no way to make money. No way to upgrade my tank further. I'm stuck.

This is what I'm telling you.

I know you are trying to balance things and balancing the free to play and this is the first time you've done this model. I'm just telling you from a player and customer perspective I'm stuck right now. I'll eventually get lucky.

Billy

16. Peter-Warlock

Please, show me a screenshots of your in game screens to see where you are stuck. What type of Upgrade is required to complete the mission and it's in-game price?
    Because right now, I just don't understand where is the place you are stuck.

I'm really grateful to you for what you are talking. But I should understand where and why your are stuck.

17. Peter-Warlock

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
  19. Peter-Warlock

Glad to hear it!

20. Peter-Warlock