iPad tangram pro NOT saving progress?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by idrisguitar, Dec 29, 2008.

1. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    i complete two pages and then next time i booted it up nothing was saved. tried again and this time it did save........until i completed more and then it for some reason ignored this further progress,

i might get tanzen instead if this is an error of the program. but is there somethign i can do?

every other game is fine. no data has been wiped of the ipod or anything. and from what i could see there didn;t seem to be a manual save option.

hope someone can give there input on this.

2. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Could be a glitch...

My suggestion: Get TanZen! :)
    Way better, not glitchy, and just better. Did I say it's better? :)

3. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I agree. I can't stop playing it whenever I'm on a bus

4. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

I agree!! Get Tanzen!! Support the dev that is always active on these forums!!

5. jdr

jdr Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I dunno. I have been playing Pro for a while and have not had this problem.

6. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    You definitely should get TanZen! I think it was the best 99 cents I've ever spent in the app store. It looks very sharp and always updates with new puzzles.

7. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Well, there's always the reboot thing. If that doesn't help then delete the app and re-download it from the store. You know, the basics...

8. idrisguitar

Dec 8, 2008
    thanks guys. i will definitely get it now.

does tanzen allow your own music in the background too?

9. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

Yes, you can play your own music in Tanzen

10. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2008
    I'm sorry you're having trouble with their game. I've only played their Lite version, so I can't really say if this is common or not. However, TanZen is pretty solid in this department, at least based on the lack of email I get on the subject.

11. Little White Bear Studios

Aug 27, 2008
    Thanks, guys! I'm doing final testing on a significant update tonight, so hopefully you'll see several new features in about a week, if Apple follows their normal review pattern.

12. rjsim

rjsim Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Are you sure you're on the right Puzzle Pack? Maybe you've completed two pages on one pack and now you're on another pack?

13. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I'd have to agree with that. TanZen is also more challenging has a more realistic feel to it because the pieces don't snap onto the board. (I don't like TPP for that reason:mad:)

Yeah, you should always try that before posting a thread like this. It might work and then there won't be a need for the thread. :)

Sounds great! Looking forward to the update :)

14. PhantomReader

PhantomReader Member

Dec 30, 2008
    N00b here...My niece has tangram pro and had a problem saving the puzzles...she deleted the app, then redownloaded...no problems since

I have tanzen (haven't played it yet, but I love that it says it has a hint feature)...awaiting the delivery of my touch.

Was wondering if there is a list of the developers who post here...I would rather check out their apps first...have been getting lots of good info on what to d/l reading these forums.

15. Little White Bear Studios

Aug 27, 2008
    You can get up to two hints per puzzle. To get a hint, simply double tap in any open area of the puzzle screen, and a portion of the shadowed puzzle area will highlight, showing you where a random piece should go. As with all parts of TanZen, the hint system is designed to not solve the puzzle for you, which is why there are only two hints per puzzle. Any more, and it's be way too easy to see where everything else goes.

I hope you have a great time with your touch!

16. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    To see who the developers are, just look at peoples signatures and They should identify if they're a dev there.

17. idrisguitar

Dec 8, 2008
    oh yeah guys. i know all about rebooting and reinstalling, knew about it before i got my ipod, and have made sure i always do it.

and i was on the same puzzle pack.

anyway i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. but also got tanzen which i love. so TPP prob wont get much playtime until i finish tanzen anyway.

cant wait for the update btw