Universal Tallowmere (by Chris McFarland)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 10, 2015.

1. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Bahahah I just loled.

Awese stuff.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hahaha, yeah...my first impression was totally, totally screwed up. I went in all guns blazing, didn't block, got myself killed a bunch of times, was thrown off by the infinite jumping, thought "what kind of procedurally generated game puts you in a room that's literally only spikes (DESPITE THE FACT THAT THERE'S A ****ING PERSON THERE ASKING YOU WHY THE HELL YOU'RE NOT JUMPING)...and was in a crowded room with a few people hounding me. I deleted the game and within moments was like..."HOLY SHIT! WHY DID I DO THAT!?!?". Fired it up, took things nice and slow and my mind is still blown. This game is SO ****ING GOOD!

3. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Haha your not alone doing this, I've done it with loads of iPhone games before. Download play for two mins, delete then redownload later and love it :D

I've now tried on my iPad mini retina and my 5s and I prefer playing this on my iPhone. Just easier to play on over all for me.

4. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    First of all Congratulations Mr. dev. This game looks awesome. Will definitely buy tommorrowcause i have no money in my itunes account.
    Really well done.

5. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I got room full of spikes AND flying things....srsly wtf moment, impossible to survive for me. But I agree, lots of fun.

6. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    try to use the shields more often and equip with a rocket launcher,BTW killing by stealth with a dagger is so much fun to play with.

7. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Reminds me of non-open world roguelike Terraria.

8. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This game is just absurdly good. I love all the charming one liners and tongue-in-cheek stuff like sacrificing kittens to make the game easier.

9. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Holy sh*t, this one is goooood!!!
    Who would have thought that this is the game the makes me think about finally upgrading my iPhone (still using my beloved 4S). It's some of the best platforming available for iOS. Didn't have that much exploration/progression fun since Sword of Fargoal. It's now crashing quite badly. But I guess it's simply my old device. Will not delete anytime soon. Congrats!

10. erdiferik

erdiferik Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
    I found katana thing. It was friggin awesome...

11. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Everyone is talking so highly I guess I have to check it out, I remember seeing it on steam as well but never checked it out! Should I get it on iOS or steam ?

12. This game is really solid. Runs can be pretty long (40 mins on my last one) but always engaging. Really love the random "quest" rooms and boss fights. The fact that your projectile weapons can fire as fast/frequently as you can tap is really satisfying. Just when I get a sick weapon or seemingly overpowered piece of gear and think I'm unstoppable, I'm repeatedly smote for my hubris :) currently number 1 on the leaderboards (but probably not for long). Thanks for this game, will be coming back to it pretty frequently.

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Lol. Best run ever!

Billy

Attached Files:

14. yoshthug

yoshthug Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Chicago
    Really fun so far. I also love that the developer has been on here answering questions. Thanks

15. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    After destroying everyone in the Capture the Flag level no key was dropped. I think this is a bug.

16. ChrisNZL

ChrisNZL Well-Known Member

May 10, 2015
    Gotta return the flag to Lady Tallowmere :) "Capture the Flag" - "Pick up Lady Tallowmere's flag" - Lady Tallowmere's Apparition also mentions the task ;)

Apple's shipped my MFi controller today, onboard with a local courier at the moment. I imagine I'll be able to implement it pretty quickly, and get the screen/text scaling option in, and then submit that to Apple in the next few days.

17. kdavis220

kdavis220 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    I'd also love mfi support fr this as well please!

18. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Two in one week? Haha

I totally agree though, damn good week!

19. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I was too tied up with the game to come up with new words :p